Nighthawk Road fire

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Nighthawk Road fire

Post by TreeGuy »

Off topic,
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 16th, 2017, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Piecemaker wrote:If there was a campfire on the beach, it doesn't mean it was made by teens. Perhaps someone tossed a cigarette butt into an old campfire pit...

Again, a witness claims to allegedly have seen them firsthand.
Like you said, wait and see but people are just going off of what they hear.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

In the mid 90s I looked at buying a lot to build a home. Trying to remember the street, but it may have been nighthawk. They were regular width lots but very long. They went all the way down to the road below. Very steep. One of the things I remember about them was that the entire lower steep part of the lots were under some kind of 'do not disturb' covenant. In other words you were not allowed to cut trees, remove brush etc. I wonder now whether those covenant are wise given our changing climate and risk of interface fire
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Come on people can we at least in these very serious threads stick to the topic! Second and third hand information along with speculation just muddies the water
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hmm.... my parents taught us kids to not to play with fire.... guess what none of us kids played with fire.

Parents today are to damn buzy.... BS, I look back at what my parent did. Mom & Dad owned & operated a dairy farm as well my Dad worked at a Mill & my Mom was active in the community events. Both had time for all of us kids.

So yes parents need to held responsible, maybe not in court of law (since they can't even take of the ones they already have before courts).... but in the court of public opinion different story.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

I love how nobody listens to mods on this forum.
Your bias suits you.
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by madadam »

Fire activity on Long Road, Nighthawk, and Okanagan Center Road West.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Woodenhead wrote:I love how nobody listens to mods on this forum.

I think I even read the allegation of it being teens according to one witness on a Castanet news story, go figure.
Anyway, I am done and have no idea.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Since natural causes are out (no lightning yesterday), only leave 1 possibility human caused.
Unless chipmunks have learned to create fire
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

madadam wrote:Fire activity on Long Road, Nighthawk, and Okanagan Center Road West.

Has there not been activity there since it started?
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by madadam »

fall wrote:
madadam wrote:Fire activity on Long Road, Nighthawk, and Okanagan Center Road West.

Has there not been activity there since it started?

Yes, these areas are having flare ups again with crews moving around to hit them.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

When I was out earlier having breakfast with friends, the big flag at OPM was going pretty hard in the wind.
Bluejacket5050

Post by Bluejacket5050 »

Link for offer to help in Lake Country- 28'x8' stock trailer to help move animals if you don't want to wait for evacuation order and fearful for your animals.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... _tn__=%2As
brandon_18

Post by brandon_18 »

Anyone know what the situation is near the fire now with all the wind we're getting?
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

I know that there's a lot of lookie-loos in OK Centre driving by going south thinking they're going to have a gander. Nothing to see folks - move on. The road is closed at boat launch so they just have to turn around when they get there.

About an hour ago we could see them pouring a huge stream of water from up above. Lots of smouldering spots below where they were spraying.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”