Nighthawk Road fire

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Nighthawk Road fire

Post by GordonH »

Hopefully the looky loo's on the lake stay the hell away from skimmer float planes.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Hitting the fire hard with tankers. So far I've seen 2 Air Spray Lockheed Electras, 4 Conair Convairs and a Sask Convair leave Penticton and head north not gaining a lot of altitude. Thinking they may be going after this one very hard.
Wind has shifted throughout the valley to northerly's and gusting. Real smokey here in Penticton. Not as bad as last week but the smell is "fresher".

Edit to add
I think the smoke is from the Princeton fire as the W Kelowna web cam is showing the fire and it is definitely not the cause for our renewed smoke.
Last edited by JagXKR on Jul 15th, 2017, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I hadn't realized how close Jack Seaton Park is to this area.
Last edited by Queen K on Jul 16th, 2017, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

You can see the fire on this castanet cam

https://www.castanet.net/traffic-cams/camera/144/
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

I am trying to make sense of the pictures too....anyone know anymore then online? I don't have a sense of how big this is but it is close to me so do they have it under control???
LordEd
Guru

Re: Carr's Landing fire

Post by LordEd »

Queen K wrote:But you did leave your sprinkler going on your house right?
Don't live there. We we're going to the park for a BBQ and we were getting closer to the smoke the whole way. Several planes overhead the few minutes we talked to the people we were meeting.

No business staying near a fire with a toddler.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Temet Nosce wrote:I am trying to make sense of the pictures too....anyone know anymore then online? I don't have a sense of how big this is but it is close to me so do they have it under control???

UPDATE: 7:09 p.m.

Fire information officer Melanie Morin confirmed the fire is now estimated at 20 hectares.

BC Wildfire crews and fixed wing aircraft and helicopters are on scene, along with the local fire department.

Morin confirmed that structures are threatened at this time.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/201893 ... entre-fire
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

[quote/]Postby Temet Nosce » 44 minutes ago

Do the float planes flying really low in LC have anything to do with this fire? There have been like 6 at a time following each other flying really low over my house and barely clearing the trees at times.... A little unnerving. Anyone seen these planes or know what they are doing?[quote]

Yeah , some one flicked their lit cig butt out the window....... Of a flying float plane ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

JagXKR wrote:
Temet Nosce wrote:I am trying to make sense of the pictures too....anyone know anymore then online? I don't have a sense of how big this is but it is close to me so do they have it under control???

UPDATE: 7:09 p.m.

Fire information officer Melanie Morin confirmed the fire is now estimated at 20 hectares.

BC Wildfire crews and fixed wing aircraft and helicopters are on scene, along with the local fire department.

Morin confirmed that structures are threatened at this time.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/201893 ... entre-fire

Great!!! Smoke is getting thicker...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

MAPearce wrote:Postby Temet Nosce » 44 minutes ago

Do the float planes flying really low in LC have anything to do with this fire? There have been like 6 at a time following each other flying really low over my house and barely clearing the trees at times.... A little unnerving. Anyone seen these planes or know what they are doing?

Yeah , some one flicked their lit cig butt out the window....... Of a flying float plane ....

proof ? link ?

if they dont get it out sooon it will be a major fire . . if winds coming from west whats in front of it?
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

MAPearce wrote:[quote/]Postby Temet Nosce » 44 minutes ago

Do the float planes flying really low in LC have anything to do with this fire? There have been like 6 at a time following each other flying really low over my house and barely clearing the trees at times.... A little unnerving. Anyone seen these planes or know what they are doing?

Would have made me laugh if I wasn't freaking out...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

to late im afraid . if its growing they only have so many people planes . wl is under threat . thats where the big push will be until it nipping at kelowna or vernon
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by madadam »

Cops are now on Hare Road evacuating everyone. Just had knock on door.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

A friend just watched their home burn down. I hope they can get this one down before it takes out too many more homes.

Good luck everyone.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

yes its time to be worried . everything so dry and limited planes choppers and bugger places under threat . it wont be a priority just yet . . get out while you can if your in its path.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”