Nighthawk Road fire

madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Nighthawk Road fire

Post by madadam »

Wind from the south is slowly dying down, starting to get a slight wind from the northwest and it looks like its bringing smoke from other fires.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#201954

I am proud of all of them and have NO doubt they did in fact work their *bleep* off (and continue to do so) trying to save homes. We have a great Fire Dept. in LC...well done (as well as to all the others from surrounding areas who assisted).
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

No kidding without a doubt those guys fighting that fire are to be commended. Not only the guys on the ground but the guys in the air. Those jobs surely must not be for the light of heart. Saw lots of shift change truckloads of guys going past our house and the Peachland Fire Dept truck down here all day today loading up with water..
When you're risking your own life to save ours (or our belongings) how do we even begin to thank people like you? :hailjo: :hailjo:
Kelowna1991

Post by Kelowna1991 »

There is a fire at Killiney Beach apparently which is across the lake from Predator Ridge just past Fintry
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

rookie314 wrote:So Rusty, when you face a life or death decision give us a call so we can mock you.

Why? Because I said Roland loves his dogs and was probably in a panic to get out? How does that make me deserve to be mocked?
BTW I am one of the evacuees. I did face a life or death situation yesterday.
So. Go on and mock me...

Troll.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

Is the smoke currently over Kelowna from LC or further up Northwest?
JudiW

Post by JudiW »

removed. this thread is for updates-
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by madadam »

goalie wrote:Is the smoke currently over Kelowna from LC or further up Northwest?

Not from the Lake Country Fire. Around 6pm the wind changed direction from South to North and I watched the smoke cloud come rolling down the lake. I would guess probably the Ashcroft fire.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Evacuation order was rescinded late last night for most who were evacuated. Just about everyone can go home except those living on Nighthawk and Tyndal roads.

Happy to say our home is fine and the family is moving back in this morning. It smells like smoke and everything is covered in ash but I'm sure it's nothing a hose, some febreeze, and open windows can't resolve. Phew! :up:
Bluejacket5050

Post by Bluejacket5050 »

Great news!!! So happy to hear it!

Dry cleaning ash and other particulate works really well. I recommend it prior to appling an odor neutralizing spray. There is this great sponge called Chem Sponge. You lightly drag it along walls (indoor and out) ceilings, furniture, contents ect and the natural rubber pick up and removes particulate. You can cut off the edges that get dirty and keep working with it. Super great for fire clean up, big or small.

Found this informative video but I'm sure there are others out there.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4d8xl-DuuYU
Bluejacket5050

Post by Bluejacket5050 »

Fiberclean Supplies in Kelowna sells them, a box of 12 or singles for $3-$4. They have restoration grade cleaning supplies (a wonderful natural disinfectant) equipment like air scrubbers and much more. It's off of Enterprise by hwy 97, across from Dodge, in a commercial condo type building with access from only one direction, from 97 onto Enterprise and a quick right. Tricky spot to find the first time.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Last edited by youjustcomplain on Aug 3rd, 2017, 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

youjustcomplain wrote:
Smokers who toss their cigarettes on the ground are all responsible. Only one person will, likely, ever know who started this fire.

Several eye witnesses, and several videos, suggest that this fire was caused by a camp fire on the beach...NOT by someone throwing a cigarette on the ground....therefore, a whole group of people know exactly who started this fire.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Also alleged it was teens, not a secret either.
Will be interesting how accountability plays out in due time.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

We will never find out who it was, heck! it could've been your neighbour, but he went tell, neither will his friends who were there with him...

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”