Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Nighthawk Road fire

Post by fall »

I think they know who it was.
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

Mmmmm interesting. Lots of talk down here in the OK Centre neighbourhood. Talk of illegal fires on the beach. Talked to a neighbour - apparently last year same area - PICKERS (not from Mexico) having stupid-ass fires on the beach away from all areas & houses. Having baths, taking dumps in the bush, etc. Why the hell on a day 35 C when this happened does anyone NEED to have a fire ?

This nonsense of human caused fires just needs to stop! I thought we're supposed to be "the evolved species on earth" . Starting to think the animal species are just so much smarter. No wait - after this many years living I KNOW it

Edit: I guess I shouldn't rush to conclusion about who or what caused this fire. But I will tell you IF this was caused by someone on the beach they need to know this has impacted people's lives forever. Today I talked to people that lost their homes and left with barely the clothes on their backs. Maybe Mutt & Jeff should meet so one knows what the other created.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Unless all the people that saw it unfold are wrong, it's a pretty safe assumption without jumping to conclusions.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

My naturally suspicious nature, causes me to wonder, if it might not have been the boating group who supposedly reported the fire.

Something about that story just struck me odd, in that they went across to Lake Okanagan Resort to get someone to call it in? Who doesn't have a cell phone with them these days? Why go across the lake when the safe harbor is right there along with numerous homes, as well as the Patio Cafe?

Perhaps I missed something but it just raised a flag for me.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

they said when they first called it in they were not taking seriously so went to get more folks to call it in so be taken more seriously
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

I am impressed! Tonight the RCMP were in Okanagan Centre going door to door interviewing the residents about the fire. Many questions asked. Did you see anything unusual that day, who do you think MAY have caused this, do you have video surveillance footage we could look at, anyone else we should talk to, etc.
I'm glad knowing they are at least trying to get more information about who or what caused all this mayhem and heartache.

I have a feeling OK Centre will be watched more closely now. I know from talking to a lot of neighbours we've all had enough of the nonsense that goes on down here. People will be taking lots of photos of cars, people and car license plates.
So - not that I think any losers are actually reading this - but - just a heads up - if you want to remain anonymous this will not be the place to be ! You are being watched.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

maryjane48 wrote:they said when they first called it in they were not taking seriously so went to get more folks to call it in so be taken more seriously

Believe me. Fire of any sort is taken very seriously at all times of the year, but grass fires turn into wildfires in minutes.
Last edited by youjustcomplain on Jul 31st, 2017, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Phone line setup for tips on who started the fire.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#202400

Looks like the RCMP are taking this pretty seriously. Makes me think that speculation around campfire (or I hate to say it - intentionally set) may be correct. I don't think they'd go to such lengths if they believed it was a piece of glass or a carelessly tossed cig butt that caused the fire.
DLC-Deals

Post by DLC-Deals »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#202748

Lets hope they catch the person/people and throw the book at them
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

It's so disturbing this type of thing happens. Its only going to get worse and more frequent
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Last edited by youjustcomplain on Aug 3rd, 2017, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

youjustcomplain wrote:
Lets just say this isn't the first case of arson in Lake Country in recent years. There have been numerous grass fires started, at the side of the road, by humans and not necessarily by cigarettes. We do have an arsonist in the Central Okanagan. Awful that peoples homes were destroyed just to satisfy someones mental issue.

Agreed. But we also have this F the institution mentality going around (ie. Donald trump getting voted in) that are willing to do any and everything to cause chaos to the way society is currently run.

So we are dealing with the mental nut jobs you mention as well as an increasing number of political extremists who will become more violent.

and then our ever drying forests
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Ok so the only way they would know this is if someone saw the perp. Perhaps this means they are close
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Last edited by youjustcomplain on Aug 3rd, 2017, 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

tsayta wrote:Ok so the only way they would know this is if someone saw the perp. Perhaps this means they are close

Not true, forensics fire investigators have amazing skills.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”