Nighthawk Road fire

lightspeed
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Road fire

Post by lightspeed »

maryjane48 wrote:what are you impying fancy by asking why lightspeed knew about it ? doesnt make sense to ask that for fun

I didn't read into it too much, but they can explain their line of questioning if they so wish.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lightspeed wrote:Common knowledge in Lake Country.

k - thanks. I suppose there wasn't enough evidence to conclusively state the cause to the public or it's possible authorities didn't want to cause a panic situation. What a nightmare.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Last edited by youjustcomplain on Aug 3rd, 2017, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjc0483

Post by mjc0483 »

Arsonists punishment should be having to watch their own home burnt to the ground. Anyone who disagrees really doesn't understand proper justice and thinks everything should be handled with a smile!
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

mjc0483 wrote:Arsonists punishment should be having to watch their own home burnt to the ground. Anyone who disagrees really doesn't understand proper justice and thinks everything should be handled with a smile!

personally, I think they should have to PAY for all the damage they did. If they can't afford it, sell their house to pay for it and whatever is left can be converted to jail time or community service.

At least this way the community is closer to being made whole again. Burning is house down doesn't help the community
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

arson is crime . jail no key
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

mjc0483 wrote:Arsonists punishment should be having to watch their own home burnt to the ground. Anyone who disagrees really doesn't understand proper justice and thinks everything should be handled with a smile!

To loosely paraphrase Gandhi: An eye for an eye makes us all blind.

So I disagree with your idea of proper justice, but I can't say I know what appropriate justice is. Whatever the appropriate justice is though, it could be handled with a smile for all I care. If it's $500,000 and 20 years in jail, I'd be ok with a judge smiling when he/she hands down that sentence. :)
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

gman313 wrote:

personally, I think they should have to PAY for all the damage they did. If they can't afford it, sell their house to pay for it and whatever is left can be converted to jail time or community service.

At least this way the community is closer to being made whole again. Burning is house down doesn't help the community

Put them in the stocks down at OK beach then throw flaming rags at them. Then put the boots to them and leave them there for a few days.

But yes - sell their assets. Jail time.

lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

youjustcomplain wrote:
Fancy wrote:k - thanks. I suppose there wasn't enough evidence to conclusively state the cause to the public or it's possible authorities didn't want to cause a panic situation. What a nightmare.

I wouldn't say it's common knowledge. Over the past few years, the police have investigated several arsons, but this is the first time I've seen the police publicly speak to the media about it. Some locals will know by word of mouth. That's how I know. :)

It was common knowledge to those potentially affected by it.

RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Force them to help with the clean up and rebuild.
Then garnish their wages for the rest of their life to pay for the damage they caused.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

I couldn't disagree any more strongly.
And yes, I understand what proper justice is....and I don't see anyone wanting to deal with this person lightly in the least.

Burn their house down...so what ?
They collect the insurance money, rebuild, live in a brand new house and life goes on.
Alternately - they don't have a home. They rent, have very few possession worth much of anything.

You really think that is proper justice ??

Jail. Nothing short of serious jail time.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”