Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

User avatar
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 31452
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by GordonH »

^^^ okay leave the parks open, some dumb :cuss: causes a fire. If it only burns the park no biggy, that green space will grow back (trees will take longer). City fire departments have nothing better to do then put out fires.
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
User avatar
Opeeved
Fledgling
Posts: 284
Joined: Aug 9th, 2017, 4:54 pm

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by Opeeved »

GordonH wrote:^^^ okay leave the parks open, some dumb :cuss: causes a fire. If it only burns the park no biggy, that green space will grow back (trees will take longer). City fire departments have nothing better to do then put out fires.

So, you want to place the extreme before common sense?
Cool, gotcha. Carry that warm self absorbed blanket.

Never mind anything thing I've illuminated in this thread. The world is according to your values.

Carry on.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
User avatar
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 31452
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:
okay leave the parks open, some dumb :cuss: causes a fire. If it only burns the park no biggy, that green space will grow back (trees will take longer). City fire departments have nothing better to do then put out fires.

Opeeved wrote:So, you want to place the extreme before common sense?
Cool, gotcha. Carry that warm self absorbed blanket.

Never mind anything thing I've illuminated in this thread. The world is according to your values.

Carry on.


Since you clearly did not get that my post was sarcasm

So please clarify what you would like to see happen
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
User avatar
Opeeved
Fledgling
Posts: 284
Joined: Aug 9th, 2017, 4:54 pm

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by Opeeved »

GordonH wrote:
GordonH wrote:
okay leave the parks open, some dumb :cuss: causes a fire. If it only burns the park no biggy, that green space will grow back (trees will take longer). City fire departments have nothing better to do then put out fires.

Opeeved wrote:So, you want to place the extreme before common sense?
Cool, gotcha. Carry that warm self absorbed blanket.

Never mind anything thing I've illuminated in this thread. The world is according to your values.

Carry on.


Since you clearly did not get that my post was sarcasm

So please clarify what you would like to see happen

I said it right from the get go. People up to no good. Call the cops. People walking their dog. Move along. Simple. What, we're all idiots that need police intervention?
How do we ever survive?

That officer could have been catching a dui that youre so vehemently for catching. Which do you want of finite resources?

It's ridiculous.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
Posts: 50228
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by Bsuds »

Opeeved wrote:I said it right from the get go. People up to no good. Call the cops. People walking their dog. Move along. Simple. What, we're all idiots that need police intervention?


So how do you tell the difference between People up to no good and those just walking their dogs?
Maybe some who are walking dogs are up to no good as well.

More to the point is if the area has been deemed off limits then that is for everyone! Not just those up to "no good".

If it were me who saw someone coming out of a restricted area I would probably just take a photo of them in case a fire started soon after. Then the authorities would have some info on who to investigate and possibly charge.
DILLIGAF
johnny24
Board Meister
Posts: 619
Joined: Jan 25th, 2011, 8:16 am

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by johnny24 »

Bsuds wrote:
Opeeved wrote:I said it right from the get go. People up to no good. Call the cops. People walking their dog. Move along. Simple. What, we're all idiots that need police intervention?


So how do you tell the difference between People up to no good and those just walking their dogs?
Maybe some who are walking dogs are up to no good as well.

More to the point is if the area has been deemed off limits then that is for everyone! Not just those up to "no good".

If it were me who saw someone coming out of a restricted area I would probably just take a photo of them in case a fire started soon after. Then the authorities would have some info on who to investigate and possibly charge.


How do you tell the difference between shoplifters and customers? How do you tell the difference between terrorists and tourists? The burden of proof needs to be a little higher than "maybe" they're up to no good, or we're going to need a lot more cops.
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 26706
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by the truth »

well common sense is a super power these days--sad really---
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
Opeeved
Fledgling
Posts: 284
Joined: Aug 9th, 2017, 4:54 pm

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by Opeeved »

Bsuds wrote:
Opeeved wrote:I said it right from the get go. People up to no good. Call the cops. People walking their dog. Move along. Simple. What, we're all idiots that need police intervention?


So how do you tell the difference between People up to no good and those just walking their dogs?
Maybe some who are walking dogs are up to no good as well.

More to the point is if the area has been deemed off limits then that is for everyone! Not just those up to "no good".

If it were me who saw someone coming out of a restricted area I would probably just take a photo of them in case a fire started soon after. Then the authorities would have some info on who to investigate and possibly charge.

Well, a husband and wife driving a 30-40 thousand dollar brand new vehicle, with specialty plates and a dog with an actual collar would be a good place to start.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
User avatar
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3838
Joined: Jan 31st, 2017, 3:56 pm

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by WalterWhite »

I'm frankly fed up and sick and tired of the almost automatic response to impose bans on just about everything that only a very select few lack the basic common sense to comprehend. I think it's largely in part due to the complete lack of serious consequences for those that fail to heed the obvious. Seriously pisses me off, that without possessing any physical means of creating any sort of source of ignition (no, the friction caused by my flabby thighs bashing against each other with each step doesn't count) I am not only forbidden from entering and enjoying the very public spaces my tax dollars fund - I'm considered an abhorrent criminal the likes of Charles Manson and instantly vilified by those SJW with nothing better to do with their free time than waiting to pounce and publicly berate anyone seen doing nothing more criminal than walking in our beautiful outdoors.

However did we manage to survive as long as we have without these bans and restrictions on nothing more than sheer stupidity? Seriously concerned about the long term dumbing down of society in general due to the incessant need for someone else having to do the thinking for us. Bans, laws, rules all amount to the same useless result - keeping honest people honest. Now, if only Darwin would pick up the slack and deal with the rest of these genetically flawed microbes occupying the gene pool so we can return to being the free-thinking responsible members of society we're all fully capable of without the need to have someone constantly telling me left foot right foot as soon as I venture away from my home.
User avatar
Opeeved
Fledgling
Posts: 284
Joined: Aug 9th, 2017, 4:54 pm

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by Opeeved »

Well crap, someone else that sees this ridiculousness for what it is. Well said sir!

I follow the golden rules. Do no harm, don't hurt others. Everyone else can jump in a lake. Going for a little walk with the dog is not anywhere near catastrophe or needing police presence. Which again I must point out- the time that officer spent dealing with the feelings of some non existent slight would have been better spent doing real police work.
And again, it should have been a serious clue that the officer all caps commended them and did nothing at all except stroke the ego of the complainant.

I've been posting here because this crap just annoys the crap out of me. Busy freaking bodies.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
Posts: 50228
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by Bsuds »

Opeeved wrote:I've been posting here because this crap just annoys the crap out of me. Busy freaking bodies.


You're welcome to that opinion even if it is wrong! :biggrin:
DILLIGAF
User avatar
Opeeved
Fledgling
Posts: 284
Joined: Aug 9th, 2017, 4:54 pm

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by Opeeved »

Bsuds wrote:
Opeeved wrote:I've been posting here because this crap just annoys the crap out of me. Busy freaking bodies.


You're welcome to that opinion even if it is wrong! :biggrin:

Haha touche. It's not like I've been wrong and haven't admitted. In this case, I don't think so. Make note of licence plate, like you inferred, move on. C'mon, it's clear that op didn't get satisfaction from police for opinion (don't cite laws, we all break them in one way or another), so he/she came here looking for that satisfaction from anonymous board members. That, is a busy body... more like irrational biddy.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
dodgerdodge
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2937
Joined: Jun 9th, 2010, 7:35 am

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by dodgerdodge »

WalterWhite wrote:I'm frankly fed up and sick and tired of the almost automatic response to impose bans on just about everything that only a very select few lack the basic common sense to comprehend. I think it's largely in part due to the complete lack of serious consequences for those that fail to heed the obvious. Seriously pisses me off, that without possessing any physical means of creating any sort of source of ignition (no, the friction caused by my flabby thighs bashing against each other with each step doesn't count) I am not only forbidden from entering and enjoying the very public spaces my tax dollars fund - I'm considered an abhorrent criminal the likes of Charles Manson and instantly vilified by those SJW with nothing better to do with their free time than waiting to pounce and publicly berate anyone seen doing nothing more criminal than walking in our beautiful outdoors.

However did we manage to survive as long as we have without these bans and restrictions on nothing more than sheer stupidity? Seriously concerned about the long term dumbing down of society in general due to the incessant need for someone else having to do the thinking for us. Bans, laws, rules all amount to the same useless result - keeping honest people honest. Now, if only Darwin would pick up the slack and deal with the rest of these genetically flawed microbes occupying the gene pool so we can return to being the free-thinking responsible members of society we're all fully capable of without the need to have someone constantly telling me left foot right foot as soon as I venture away from my home.


Oh for goodness sake get over it. So you cannot walk in the closed parks right now, go walk somewhere else its only for a short time and everything will be right again. Why do people have so many issues with short term laws which are brought in to try and help reduce fire risk.
Why do so many think they are above the law?
Sparki55
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4016
Joined: Feb 24th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by Sparki55 »

dodgerdodge wrote:Oh for goodness sake get over it. So you cannot walk in the closed parks right now, go walk somewhere else its only for a short time and everything will be right again. Why do people have so many issues with short term laws which are brought in to try and help reduce fire risk.
Why do so many think they are above the law?


There we go again; reduce fire risk. Reduce it how? Reduce it by keeping all the honest folk and dog walkers out? Seriously?
That's about as naive as banning guns and thinking criminals can't possibly own them after they are banned, because they are banned, right?

People need to get over themselves and their need to restrict people because they think they are solving some greater good issue.

People have an issue with this law because they only see red tape in the future. This is only the beginning of restrictions.
User avatar
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod
Posts: 1020
Joined: Jul 14th, 2010, 1:58 pm

Re: Ignorant People Busted Leaving Closed Park

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

So then anyone walking their dogs are harmless? Don't smoke, entertain thoughts of a campfire at all? How can you tell?
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”