Bear Paw Creek Fire - 11 km West Of Summerland.

madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Bear Paw Creek Fire - 11 km West Of Summerland.

Post by madadam »

BC Wildfire Service:

The BC Wildfire Service is currently responding to a fire 11 kilometres west of the community of Summerland, along the Princeton – Summerland Highway (Highway 40). This fire is estimated at 2 hectares in size and we are responding with ground crews, helicopters and airtankers. This fire will be highly visible from the highway, Summerland and Peachland. The cause is under investigation.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#234242

bearfire.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
waynetyea
Fledgling

Re: Bear Paw Creek Fire - 11 km West Of Summerland.

Post by waynetyea »

i have not heard too much thunder lately. no doubt sparky is at it again
Drip_Torch
Lord of the Board

Post by Drip_Torch »

waynetyea wrote:i have not heard too much thunder lately. no doubt sparky is at it again

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions on that one. There were a number of hits out that way a week ago and I'm still seeing the holdovers coming to life daily. Being close to the road is enough to make me go hmm... However there was another one that popped up yesterday 12 km from there and it's already being called lightning because it's nowhere near a road.

Be patient - they'll get the cause figured out in short time.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
coolworx
Fledgling

Post by coolworx »

I took a drive out there last week, and there were campers cutting wood a click further from Bear Paw.
All along that stretch there were folks camping/boondocking.
Maybe you haven't noticed, but many of the still mobile homeless, have moved to the bush, full time. Take a trip up Carmi - and explore the side roads past Lost Moose, for an education.

Return to “Fire Watch 2018”