Re: 2018 play by play Mill Creek flood forum

Post by Frisk »

Ah okay I see.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

2018-05-03 @16:21 hrs

Dropped 2 inches. Now they are sandbagging down the road.Bad idea if the water rises another half meter...it will just flood every property if they continue as the water has to go down the floodplain.
Last edited by oldtrucker on May 6th, 2018, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. You and 917 others hate this post.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

2018-05-03 @ 2239hrs
Water up at least another 2 inches and just like I said...sandbags on the road are not doing a thing, and they won't cuz the water has to go down the floodplain.(The sandbags were breached hours ago) That means crossing, and running down the road...just like every other year.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. You and 917 others hate this post.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

[email protected] 0238 hrs
Water up enough to be running down road and starting to flood properties. Bulman Rd closed.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

2018-05-07 @1248hrs
Mill Creek level is decreasing steadily, however, Scotty Creek level is up lots and where it meets Bulman Rd....the road is impassable. Properties on the east side of the road are in for way more carnage right away, so heads up down there.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

[email protected]
Water way up after last nights rain. Anyone trying to get through on Bulman...forget it, the asphalt has been peeled off by the force of the water. There are deep gravel bars and deep holes that are not visible. Unless you have a boat or a M-1 Abrams tank, you will lose your vehicle .Properties towards Hereron Rd. are flooding.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

Bellevue has never been this loud since we moved here - sounds like giant rocks banging, just the water raging, even splashing up on the foot bridge
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

normaM wrote:Bellevue has never been this loud since we moved here - sounds like giant rocks banging, just the water raging, even splashing up on the foot bridge

Yup. Bellevue is a Malted Milk Melee. Grinding rocks making new future beach sand
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

2018-05-10 @1609hrs
The water surged late yesterday in a 30 minute period up over 1 foot. Bulman Rd. should have been renamed Bulman river. The road had boulders and chucks of asphalt tumbling down it. The road -obliterated.
Water level has been decreasing all day. If it doesn't rain... the worst has come and gone.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

When I was out for a walk around 11am, I noticed some very dark clouds near the area of the head waters of Mill Creek. My first thought was not again... what started the flooding of Mill Creek last year.
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
voice of reason
Übergod

Post by voice of reason »

oldtrucker wrote:2018-05-10 @1609hrs
The water surged late yesterday in a 30 minute period up over 1 foot. Bulman Rd. should have been renamed Bulman river. The road had boulders and chucks of asphalt tumbling down it. The road -obliterated.
Water level has been decreasing all day. If it doesn't rain... the worst has come and gone.

i was up there sandbagging yesterday and saw logs floating down the road .it was basically a river.
Jlabute
Lord of the Board

Post by Jlabute »

Mill Creek on Richter where the bridge is appears alright. The water is no where near what is was last year. (yet) Has to come up a few feet before close-by homes get wet.
Huxley - "For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin."
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Well kids...show's over. It wasn't as bad as the 2017 flood. No more flood on Mill Creek. That concludes the 2018 play by play Mill Creek flood forum.
Tune in next year, where I, 'oldtrucker', will bravely be putting my life on the line to bring you the super dangerous and exciting 2019 play by play Mill Creek flood forum. Will it flood again? Will Bulman Rd. get obliterated again? Will 'oldtrucker' get wiped out and finally silenced?
Stay informed....
Stay tuned...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

Thank you for keeping the rest of us well informed. Good job oldtrucker!!!! :130:
Bring back the LIKE button.
voice of reason
Übergod

Post by voice of reason »

it aint over til its over brother. i have family on bulman and hope for the best but im not ready to say its over just yet.the creek has gone down amazingly in the last few days though

Return to “Flood Watch 2018”