Re: Snowpack and Stream Data

Post by LTD »

where abouts
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Little white
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

go up to greystokes then you will see where I'm coming from, still lots of good riding left :D
JagXKR
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by JagXKR »

3 year May 1 data.
Striking differences.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Glacier »

gman313 wrote:there saying 200% of normal for this time of year.....lol. Not 200% of what it was at peak snowback lol

but yes the headline is very sensationalist.

Yes, and the snow is melting faster than normal which means it's becoming closer to normal every day.

BTW, since we're on the topic of sensationalist headlines, I'd like to point out that McCulloch was at 600% of normal on May 1st! Yes, there's normally hardly any snow by May 1st and often no snow, making it very easy to reach 600% of normal when the normal is so low, but let's ignore that and run with my superb headline.
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

Alerts for: Okanagan Valley
Statements
10:46 AM PDT Tuesday 08 May 2018
Special weather statement in effect for:

Central Okanagan - including Kelowna
North Okanagan - including Vernon
South Okanagan - including Penticton

A ridge of high pressure that has resulted in sunny and warm conditions over the past few days has produced rapid snow melt. In response to that water levels are rising and localized flooding has been observed. The ridge is moving eastward and a Pacific system will bring rainfall into the Southwest Interior overnight. This area of rain will reach the western Kootenay and Arrow Slocan Lakes regions early Wednesday morning. General rainfall amounts of 15 to 25 mm are forecast with this system which will add to already full basins resulting in more flooding. Rain will taper off in behind this system but showers and the odd thunderstorm will linger giving the potential for localized amounts up to 15 mm. Meanwhile lesser amounts of 10 to as much as 15 mm are expected through the Similkameen, Nicola and Arrow Slocan Lakes regions but this could still overwhelm some watersheds already at capacity.

Quickly flowing water and the adjacent riverbanks are potentially unsafe. Don't approach washouts near rivers, creeks, and culverts.
Bring back the LIKE button.
JagXKR
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by JagXKR »

Dramatic drop in levels. The Similkameen is way down and it makes sense that they rescinded so many evac orders.

may15.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “Flood Watch 2018”