Properties Evacuated - Fintry

daria
Guru

Properties Evacuated - Fintry

Post by daria »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#224962

A local state of emergency has been declared near Vernon for 12 properties which have been ordered to evacuate.

Due to slope instability, the 12 Killiney Beach properties have been placed under an evacuation order since Saturday evening.

The properties include:

9017 Westside Road N
9035 Westside Road N
9043 Westside Road N
9051 Westside Road N
9059 Westside Road N
9067 Westside Road N
9075 Westside Road N
9083 Westside Road N
9091 Westside Road N
9107 Westside Road N
9115 Westside Road N
9123 Westside Road N
People in the impacted area have found other accommodations for now and are not using Emergency Social Services.

Everyone is asked to avoid the area due to hazards related to the unstable slope.

The slope situation will be monitored and further information will be released as it becomes available.

A section of Westside Road, north of Fintry, has been closed because of downed power lines.

Public safety and the safety of emergency response personnel are the primary concerns at this time.

All property owners living near creeks and streams in the Central Okanagan, especially those who have experienced flooding before, are responsible for protecting their buildings, structures and properties from groundwater and potential flood damage.

Self-serve sand and sandbags are available to help residents with their flood prevention preparations.

All sand and sandbag locations in the Central Okanagan can be found online.

Emergency response personnel request that the public:

Avoid the affected area so emergency responders can effectively perform their duties.
Call 911 only in the case of a emergency.
Information will also be provided through Twitter and Facebook.

For more information, contact the public information line at 250-469-8490 (local) or 1-877-569-8490 (toll-free).
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
"LET'S GO BRANDON."
"Cancel culture only works in coordination with cowardice culture." ~ Zuby

Return to “Flood Watch 2018”