Tips and Tricks

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Woodenhead
Guru

Re: Tips and Tricks

Post by Woodenhead »

A very simple one most don't know about is holding the shift or ctrl keys when selecting multiple items/files at once.

Anyway, here's a master list of keyboard shortcuts:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/Keyboard-shortcuts

Also, some of you may like this:

http://insentient.net/

But one of the best tips is to ditch Internet Explorer & go with FireFox or Chrome, and check out the add-ons.
Your bias suits you.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I need to replace a type E11 based bulb in a ceiling fan. I tried LEDS and they died within a week (started flickering). Guess I'll have to go back to halogens. Or change the socket size somehow.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Glacier wrote: Nov 29th, 2022, 2:54 pm I need to replace a type E11 based bulb in a ceiling fan. I tried LEDS and they died within a week (started flickering). Guess I'll have to go back to halogens. Or change the socket size somehow.
is it on some sort of dimmer control? The bulb certainly doesn't like something... especially if some sort of phase cutting is happening. (??)
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Some led's don't play well with vibrations from a fan.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Jlabute wrote: Nov 29th, 2022, 3:42 pm is it on some sort of dimmer control? The bulb certainly doesn't like something... especially if some sort of phase cutting is happening. (??)
The reviews on Amazon were terrible saying that they only lasted a few days. But there are none at Home Depot or anywhere else I could find so I tried these terrible ones off of Amazon. There is no such thing as an LED that fits that size with any halfway decent reviews. So back to halogens I go.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”