Amazon App Treasure Truck

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Amazon App Treasure Truck

Post by dirtybiker »

Amazon was just awarded a patent on their Treasure Truck, and plans
to expand.
Amazon App users get updates on where it will be and what is being offered.

Presently roaming around Seattle.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/amazon-wins- ... 30272.html
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Amazon App Treasure Truck

Post by TylerM4 »

Just a promotional gimmick IMO.

What I've been expecting for a while now is the addition of physical amazon stores. Same products as online, and could be used as a receiving center for heavy shipments where people don't want to pay the cost of shipping and are willing to pickup at a local store once it comes in.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I would like some sort of program where we can give our packaging and boxes back to be reused. I would even drop them off at a depot. I shop at Amazon for the things I hate going to the store for. I like the service and use it regularly but the packaging is not environmentally friendly. I ordered a fridge calendar last week and the box it came in was huge. It's not like the calendar is going to break apart, it was plastic wrapped. Then they add in brown paper and bubble packs as well to fill the box. It's not necessary, bad for the planet and adding in unnecessary costs for the company I imagine. As a Prime member, shipping was no extra cost (aside from my $80 per year of course).
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

The packaging is a concern.

At least amazon uses environmentally friendly materials. I've never seen any bubble packaging from them. Usually they only package in paper products. Box from recycled materials, packing paper from recycled materials, paper and string based packing tape (instead of plastic).

Unfortunately, I don't think reusing the boxes (outside of recycling them) would be very feasible.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”