Telus

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Telus

Post by Queen K »

what is the usual internet charge per month?

I had Telus on the phone, they want me to do away with paper bills. I'm in such mood today that I perversely said, "no."

But I wanted to ask about the Unlisted Directory Charge. I swear I read somewhere where it's an illegal practice these days to charge the $2 bux. Also, I'm convinced that their high speed internet charge of $53/month is too high.

So is it?

Help.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Triple 6

Re: Telus

Post by Triple 6 »

I don't use telus for my home internet. But... we did away with paper bills as they we're charging two bucks a month for it. With that said, I called telus and told them to stuff their two dollar bill in regards to my in-laws. they don't have the net, won't ever have the net and snail mail is the only way. they obliged! ;)
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:what is the usual internet charge per month?

I had Telus on the phone, they want me to do away with paper bills. I'm in such mood today that I perversely said, "no."

But I wanted to ask about the Unlisted Directory Charge. I swear I read somewhere where it's an illegal practice these days to charge the $2 bux. Also, I'm convinced that their high speed internet charge of $53/month is too high.

So is it?

Help.

For that price you could have pretty fast with Tehsavvy, here is the link just type in your postal code to see what available in your area. https://teksavvy.com/en/residential/internet/dsl
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Ahhhhhh!

Telus's "extras" are so infuriating.

Recently (AFTER fulfilling a 3 year cell contract ((which they aren't even allowed to do anymore))) we were charged $50.00 to "unlock" our cell phone when we transferred the business to Koodo. Of course Koodo is a Telus subsidiary, which makes it that much more infuriating. But the cell wasn't working properly and Koodo wanted the unlock code to do "something" with it to make it work.

Didn't matter that we have been Telus internet, home phone, Telus Optik TV customers FOREVER! And continue to have a large internet and large television package with them now (finally ditched the home phone).

Deregulation of telecommunications can't come soon enough. The worst thing is that they're all the same, they all have us hosed coming and going.

My very elderly Dad is getting hosed too so bad for his services but he's too old to learn a new remote so I just eat it, otherwise I'd change his provider. He pays more for his internet and tv (with zero PVR'S) than we do for our services and we have 4 PVR's and HBO/MC and super high-speed etc.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

So is it?

Help.

Depends on the speed and allowable data. Need to compare plans. I'm paying $80/month for internet 150 with Shaw....great speed..
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

So is it?

Help.

No Need for a paper bill when they can email it to you.i think I pay close to $50 with shaw. Both have a new high end system for $75/$80 shaw 150 and Telus fibre.

In short the amount they are hosing you is consistent with the rest of us.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:
My very elderly Dad is getting hosed too so bad for his services but he's too old to learn a new remote so I just eat it, otherwise I'd change his provider. He pays more for his internet and tv (with zero PVR'S) than we do for our services and we have 4 PVR's and HBO/MC and super high-speed etc.

Get a quote from the competition and then threaten Telus that you are going to move his service. They should match the price.

They all seem to be around the same price but sometimes you can switch and get a good deal for the first 90 days or so. The savings are decent enough to make it worthwhile. I'm on Telus and am upgrading to Fibre 150 and it's only a $5 per month jump in price.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ not all are at same price:
Telus 50 at $80
Shaw 30 at $75
Teksavvy 50 at $54 (for 6 more dollars unlimited)

All at regular monthly price, not the few month hook price.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Telus 150 Fibre is $82 and a little less when bundled.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/internet/?l ... ternet__EN
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:Telus 150 Fibre is $82 and a little less when bundled.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/internet/?l ... ternet__EN

If one is not in a fibre optic area this is not option.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Then move! :biggrin:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:Then move! :biggrin:

I will stick with what I have its cheaper then moving. lol

Added later: I would not return to Telus Internet
Transient

Post by Transient »

Everyone here seems to be overpaying.

I have Telus Fibre 150/150 Unlimited for $40/mo, no contract and no other services. That price stays in effect for a year, after which it goes up to $85/mo. The unlimited addon will remain free of charge (normally it is another $15/mo).

The Telus Fibre service is very good. Speedtest.net shows I'm actually getting 180/180 mbps (down/up), so better than advertised.

My advice is to Google "redflagdeals telus internet" and check the first thread that comes up "Telus crazy Internet / TV / Phone Price Match Offer with Shaw". There's plenty of people posting the offer they received on there which should give you a good idea of what you should be paying.

Also, keep in mind that things like a "free TV" aren't really free. The cost of that is rolled into your bill. You can negotiate a better deal by not taking it.

For anyone that's anti-Telus and anti-Shaw, have a look at Unmetered DSL. If you're willing to prepay for the year (early cancellation gets a prorated refund), you can get a good discount, and there's no dry loop fees. I used their services for the better part of 2 years without any issues before switching to Telus Fibre.
ORWELL

Post by ORWELL »

were you asking about the unlisted number fee as 2$ ??

if so, yes, I've been paying that thing for 20 yrs... and I just saw a neighbour's bill and on her unlisted number line it says "FREE" and she pays the same as us on the rest of her services that we share

their lack of continuity is criminal

ps - if you live in Vernon, you can get Telus 250/250 for only 75$ ..................
https://www.telus.com/en/bc/internet/fibre/vernon/

not available in Kelowna..... what the

and it's not a misprint, was chatting with a Vernon fellow who has said he just had 250 installed and was loving it, and I didn't believe him actually until after the quick search

Residential Telus DSL (49$-2015) - bouncing all the time
Residential Telus Fibre15 (65$-2017) - steady eddy!
Business Shaw 30 (84$-2016) - quite a few outtages (automatic beaconing messages when I can't see my site)
Business Fibre 100 (85$-2017) - steady eddy! and comes w/ 3G backup (which is hoaky)
ORWELL

Post by ORWELL »

cool pricing

KELOWNA VERNON
15 68 55 alone
15 65 52 bundled
150 85 - alone
150 82 - bundled
250 - 90 alone
250 - 75 bundled

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”