Climate Change Mega Thread

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by GordonH »

Basic common sense has been placed on the shelf ever since that dingbat gore opened his single brain cell to the world.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

d0nb wrote: Jul 9th, 2023, 2:53 pm
Jlabute wrote: Jul 8th, 2023, 4:55 pm
What is currently blipping in the weather (not climate) has numerous causes, least of which is 'climate change' or anything you could ever control with less CO2. Dr. Judith has a good explanation for some of it.

https://judithcurry.com/2023/07/02/what ... -atlantic/
Time has exposed the foolishness of the climate hysterics, but has been kind to climate realists like Judith Curry.

I note that news about San Diego’s eighth straight month of below-average temperatures is ignored as the hysterics rave on about the planet being the warmest it has been since the dawn of reliable satellite observations, observations that got their start during a period so miserably chilly that speculation about a return of glacial conditions was the order of the day. [icon_lol2.gif]
That's just weather. :smt045
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

d0bB said

I note that news about San Diego’s eighth straight month of below-average temperatures is ignored as the hysterics rave on about the planet being the warmest it has been since the dawn of reliable satellite observations, observations that got their start during a period so miserably chilly that speculation about a return of glacial conditions was the order of the day. [icon_lol2.gif]
Isn’t it just heart-warmingly wonderful when leftists suddenly claim “that is weather” and when confronted with a similar situation, cry “it’s climate change”!

Laughable

They can’t make up minds that don’t exist!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

Catsumi wrote: Jul 9th, 2023, 8:26 pm d0bB said

Isn’t it just heart-warmingly wonderful when leftists suddenly claim “that is weather” and when confronted with a similar situation, cry “it’s climate change”!

Laughable

I know. :laugh:
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Jlabute wrote: Jul 8th, 2023, 4:55 pm
What is currently blipping in the weather (not climate) has numerous causes, least of which is 'climate change' or anything you could ever control with less CO2. Dr. Judith has a good explanation for some of it.

https://judithcurry.com/2023/07/02/what ... -atlantic/
Time has exposed the foolishness of the climate hysterics, but has been kind to climate realists like Judith Curry.

Perhaps you simply don't understand there is no comparison whatsoever between San Diego and planet earth? Isn't this covered somewhere in one of the climate grifter blog posts? In simple terms - planet earth is big. San Diego is a dot on it.

If you're interested, you could start here and take a look around: https://earth.google.com/

Later we could discuss climate patterns, such as the ONI negative triple dip which has been a prominent influence in the San Diego area for the last few years, and how the rapid transition to an ONI positive state will likely change all that in the coming months.

Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
77TA
Lord of the Board

Post by 77TA »

Drip_Torch wrote: Jul 10th, 2023, 12:06 pm

Perhaps you simply don't understand there is no comparison whatsoever between San Diego and planet earth? Isn't this covered somewhere in one of the climate grifter blog posts? In simple terms - planet earth is big. San Diego is a dot on it.

If you're interested, you could start here and take a look around: https://earth.google.com/

Later we could discuss climate patterns, such as the ONI negative triple dip which has been a prominent influence in the San Diego area for the last few years, and how the rapid transition to an ONI positive state will likely change all that in the coming months.

Can you help me find a chart that shows the daily global temp. day by day since global temps were recorded.
Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

As far as I can see NASA's got one from 2020 back to1880.

"Global temperature records start around 1880 because observations did not sufficiently cover enough of the planet prior to that time."

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/world ... mperatures

And here's another chart from 1850 to present.

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/monito ... ime-series

I hope that helps.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

77TA wrote: Jul 10th, 2023, 1:16 pm
Can you help me find a chart that shows the daily global temp. day by day since global temps were recorded.
There are sources that go back much further than the link I'm going to suggest, however I find the 1979 to present climatology most interesting because it tends to show how much things seem to be intensifying in the last few decades. (Of course, you have to keep in mind the temperature anomalies prior to 1979 are already baked into the mean.)

https://climatereanalyzer.org/clim/t2_daily/

If you want to go way back to 1850 ---> https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/monito ... ime-series

:130:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Catsumi wrote: Jul 9th, 2023, 8:26 pm d0bB said

Laughable

[icon_lol2.gif]

They just want to believe. I want to believe; I really hate cold weather. :-X
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Just the bullets...
August 2023 Temperature Update
Posted on September 13, 2023 by Robert Rohde
The following is a summary of global temperature conditions in Berkeley Earth’s analysis of August 2023.

Globally, August 2023 was the warmest August since records began in 1850.

* The previous record for warmest August was broken by a large margin.
* Both land and ocean individually also set new records for the warmest August.
* The combined effect of global warming and a strengthening El Niño primarily helped to produce this record, but were likely also aided by additional warmth from other factors discussed below.
* Particularly warm conditions occurred in the North Atlantic, Eastern Equatorial Pacific, Northern South America, Central America, parts of Africa and the Middle East, Japan, and parts of India.
* Unusually cool conditions were present in parts of Antarctica.
* The North Atlantic is experiencing all-time record warmth by a large margin.
* El Niño continues to strengthen and is expected to continue into next year.
** 2023 is now virtually certain to become a new record warm year (>99% chance).**
https://berkeleyearth.org/august-2023-t ... ure-update

The new iPhone 15 looks ultra cool though - maybe that will turn things around?
77TA
Lord of the Board

Post by 77TA »

What things need to be turned around?
El Nino?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 13th, 2023, 1:02 pm
August 2023 Temperature Update
Posted on September 13, 2023 by Robert Rohde. The following is a summary of global temperature conditions in Berkeley Earth’s analysis of August 2023. Globally, August 2023 was the warmest August since records began in 1850.

* The previous record for warmest August was broken by a large margin.
* Both land and ocean individually also set new records for the warmest August.

https://berkeleyearth.org/august-2023-t ... ure-update

The new iPhone 15 looks ultra cool though - maybe that will turn things around?
Titanium looks good. Things are turning.

August 2023 according to UAH V6 satellite dataset was +0.69C, February 2016 was slightly warmer at +0.71C. There is no 'wide margin' in actual temperature recording.

https://www.nsstc.uah.edu/climate/2023/ ... AUG_v1.pdf

UAH_LT_1979_thru_August_2023_v6_20x9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Galileo - In the sciences, the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much as one tiny spark of reason from an individual man.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Jlabute wrote: Sep 13th, 2023, 2:22 pm August 2023 according to UAH V6 satellite dataset was +0.69C, February 2016 was slightly warmer at +0.71C. There is no 'wide margin' in actual temperature recording.
Sure, other than the fact that UAH V6 data isn't an "actual temperature recording" and Roy Spencer is an intelligent design believer that was censured by the Antidefamation league - there is that, for what it's worth.

[icon_lol2.gif]
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 13th, 2023, 3:25 pm
Jlabute wrote: Sep 13th, 2023, 2:22 pm August 2023 according to UAH V6 satellite dataset was +0.69C, February 2016 was slightly warmer at +0.71C. There is no 'wide margin' in actual temperature recording.
Sure, other than the fact that UAH V6 data isn't an "actual temperature recording" and Roy Spencer is an intelligent design believer that was censured by the Antidefamation league - there is that, for what it's worth.

[icon_lol2.gif]
Well that's the quality you get if you are getting your climate science from blogs instead of actual scientists. These types of posters think they know it all but really are just playing a know it all on the internet. And continue to be very, incredibly wrong every time. Wat's up with that?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote: Sep 13th, 2023, 3:35 pm
Well that's the quality you get if you are getting your climate science from blogs instead of actual scientists.
Not really. This argument about "blogs" vs "actual scientists" is wearing totally thin. So many "actual scientists" have been quoted and posted here, and yet because they don't support the diseased "we're all gonna die cuz man-made climate change" narrative, they are just dismissed. It's pathetic and sad. Man-made climate change does not exist.
"The western far Left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it's all about feeling good about yourself."
From the river to the sea, Israel must be psychopath Hamas free.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”