Climate Change Mega Thread

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 846
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by CapitalB »

Omnitheo wrote:
What’s your point? I could have just as easily written out the Occam’s Razor. Just because someone turned it into a graphic doesn’t somehow invalidate it.

Again you are full of straw and looking for any tiny excuse to try and dismiss decades of research and understanding by scientists across the globe. You’re adding absolutely nothing to this conversation.


It seems like science that doesn't fit into their pre existing belief structure is no science at all. Regardless of their specific theological beliefs their sociological belief structure shares a lot with common with the one catholics used to bash science throughout the dark middle ages.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
Posts: 56343
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by ferri »

:-X Do not start making this personal! Thank you.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17298
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by averagejoe »

Is this where Climate Change believers get their marching orders from?

These guys have been planning this for years....and the sheeple follow!

Climate Change Forum at the World Government Summit

Climate change is now considered to be a primary driver and intensifier of humanitarian crises, as evidenced in the last 12 months alone with unprecedented droughts in the Horn of Africa and Sahel and catastrophic hurricanes in the Caribbean. Weather-related events accounted for 23.5 million displaced persons in 2016, and the majority of refugees originate and live in “climate change hotspots.” Moreover, the humanitarian impacts of climate change are likely to worsen in coming years, and women and children (already 5-14 times more likely to die in a disaster) will bear the brunt.

At the 2018 World Government Summit, world leaders and global thinkers came together to identify the highest-priority, near-term solutions to address the growing humanitarian dimension of climate change, as well as its disproportionate impact on women and children. The aim was to agree on a limited number of solutions for collective action and/or internal reforms that can be undertaken within the subsequent 12 months.

http://irena.org/events/2018/Feb/Climat ... ent-Summit
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 846
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by CapitalB »

averagejoe wrote:Is this where Climate Change believers get their marching orders from?

These guys have been planning this for years....and the sheeple follow!

Climate Change Forum at the World Government Summit

Climate change is now considered to be a primary driver and intensifier of humanitarian crises, as evidenced in the last 12 months alone with unprecedented droughts in the Horn of Africa and Sahel and catastrophic hurricanes in the Caribbean. Weather-related events accounted for 23.5 million displaced persons in 2016, and the majority of refugees originate and live in “climate change hotspots.” Moreover, the humanitarian impacts of climate change are likely to worsen in coming years, and women and children (already 5-14 times more likely to die in a disaster) will bear the brunt.

At the 2018 World Government Summit, world leaders and global thinkers came together to identify the highest-priority, near-term solutions to address the growing humanitarian dimension of climate change, as well as its disproportionate impact on women and children. The aim was to agree on a limited number of solutions for collective action and/or internal reforms that can be undertaken within the subsequent 12 months.

http://irena.org/events/2018/Feb/Climat ... ent-Summit


Just looks like almost the whole world taking the matter very seriously after reviewing the available evidence.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 36975
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by Glacier »

CapitalB wrote:We've got a lot of denires of human accelerated climate change here who are always asking for the proof. I present to you the array of proof*;

Show me the graph. The great thing about climate science is that all the data is online. You can simply download it and graph it, and show the trend line. It takes under 5 minutes. I get people saying the ocean rise is accelerating. I get people saying that the temperatures are accelerating. I get people saying that the number of other climatic events are accelerating. None of it is true. If it were true, you'd post the data, but you don't because the data doesn't match the theory.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 846
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by CapitalB »

Glacier wrote:
CapitalB wrote:We've got a lot of denires of human accelerated climate change here who are always asking for the proof. I present to you the array of proof*;

Show me the graph. The great thing about climate science is that all the data is online. You can simply download it and graph it, and show the trend line. It takes under 5 minutes. I get people saying the ocean rise is accelerating. I get people saying that the temperatures are accelerating. I get people saying that the number of other climatic events are accelerating. None of it is true. If it were true, you'd post the data, but you don't because the data doesn't match the theory.


The whole op is full of data links. Thats literally almost the entire post.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
User avatar
JLives
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 20537
Joined: Nov 27th, 2004, 10:53 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Look, I get it. You want so desperately to believe in the AGW hoax, as the "cure" for it aligns with your communist beliefs, ie -wealth redistribution and complete global poverty melt-down. But the only one arguing against "science" here is you, if you want to continue to push this unproven hypothesis on the rest of the population. Enough waste of resources on an unproven doomsday fairy tale. Time to start repurposing resources to help mankind, not punish them with horrible uneconomic wasteful scams, all in the name of junk science. Enough.


The OP is full of actual peer reviewed science. The post above is word salad at best, with a large side of tinfoil hat.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 36975
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by Glacier »

CapitalB wrote:The whole op is full of data links. Thats literally almost the entire post.

There are so many links, I don't have time to wade through them all to find the data. It started out great with an assertion about accelerated trends, but none of the links actually addressed this key point you made. None supplied the data. Literally none of the links I clicked on discussed the science. Just post the graphs or data that show accelerated change. Is that too hard to ask?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 846
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by CapitalB »

So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 36975
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by Glacier »

CapitalB wrote:Image

That's CO2. No one denies that's been increased by humans over the past 150 years. I'm talking about about climate change. You know, temperature, floods, droughts, sea level, etc.Show the evidence with the CLIMATIC data.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 846
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by CapitalB »

Thats what the other three links are for. I cant turn everything into pictures, your gonna have to do a bit of work on your end.

A lot, by which I mean most, of the data exists as just that, data. As such its usually stored in a publicly accessible database somewhere. This doesn't mean its easy to search, or comes with a bunch of premade pictures. Its mostly used by scientists doing studies, thats why I posted links to literally tonnes of peer reviewed scientific studies in the beginning. Those studies are where scientists go and comb through the incomprehensible amount of data they collect and then turn it into a study. Peer reviewed means that another independent team of scientists has gone and performed the exact same study and got the same results. Sometimes these results come with nice graphs and such, usually however they are made by some sort of media company or PR arm of nasa (like the last picture I posted) because they know people dont read.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 36975
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by Glacier »

Here' some data for you... I don't see accelerated change. Do you?

DWqjQM1VwAAgZj6.jpg large.jpg


kamloopsSnow.png


hurricanesUSA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 73087
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote: The post above is word salad at best, with a large side of tinfoil hat.


The only tinfoil hats being worn here are by those still pushing the failed AGW theory, and demanding trillions of dollars be wasted on an unproven hypothesis.
Justin Trudeau summed up by Stephen LeDrew:

Cockwomble: a person prone to making outrageously stupid statements and/or inappropriate behaviour while generally having a very high opinion of his own wisdom and importance.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 73087
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote:Here' some data for you... I don't see accelerated change. Do you?
]


Wait. The science is "settled". You must get in line and accept that. No one is allowed to question the "consensus". Don't you know this Glacier???

Further to NOAA’s claim that Arctic sea ice extent is at its lowest for at least 1500 years, Kenneth Richard highlighted three studies last year that show the claim to be bunkum.

Re-posted from No Tricks Zone:
Earlier this year, Stein et al., 2017 published a reconstruction of Arctic sea ice variations throughout the Holocene that appeared to establish that there is more Arctic sea ice now than for nearly all of the last 10,000 years.
The study region, the Chukchi Sea, was deemed representative of most of the Arctic, as the authors asserted that “the increase in sea ice extent during the late Holocene seems to be a circum-Arctic phenomenon as PIP25-based sea ice records from the Fram Strait, Laptev Sea, East Siberian Sea and Chukchi Sea display a generally quite similar evolution, all coinciding with the decrease in solar radiation.”

The proxy data used to reconstruct Arctic-wide sea ice variations over the Holocene (PIP25) clearly show that modern sea ice extent has only modestly retreated relative to the heights reached during the Little Ice Age (the 17th and 18th centuries), and that the from about 1400 A.D.on through the rest of the 10,000-year-long Holocene, Arctic sea ice extent was much lower than it is today.


https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/02/22/ ... ears-meme/
Justin Trudeau summed up by Stephen LeDrew:

Cockwomble: a person prone to making outrageously stupid statements and/or inappropriate behaviour while generally having a very high opinion of his own wisdom and importance.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 73087
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by The Green Barbarian »

CapitalB wrote:
It seems like science that doesn't fit into their pre existing belief structure is no science at all. .


This sums up the AGW believers perfectly!
Justin Trudeau summed up by Stephen LeDrew:

Cockwomble: a person prone to making outrageously stupid statements and/or inappropriate behaviour while generally having a very high opinion of his own wisdom and importance.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”