NCIX, The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
crookedmember
Banned

NCIX, The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Post by crookedmember »

All posts 100% moderator approved!
Jlabute
Guru

Re: NCIX, The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Post by Jlabute »

I suppose as computer experts they didn’t see that coming?
Basturds.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Jlabute wrote:I suppose as computer experts they didn’t see that coming?
Basturds.

I find it hard to believe that they didn't know better. At best - gross negligence. More likely - there was a deliberate decision to dispose of the data in an unsafe manor. Wouldn't surprise me if this was done purposely by owners/staff as a way to make a few extra $$.
DANSPEED
Übergod

Post by DANSPEED »

Good thing I used PayPal!

Many negative reviews starting back in September 2017 about horrible customer/tech support so my guess is most or all of the staff had left leaving Steve Wu to go down with the remaining stock. He probably had more on his mind than wiping the company drives. A 3-alarm fire would have taken care of the stock and company servers! :runforlife:
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

DANSPEED wrote:Good thing I used PayPal!

Many negative reviews starting back in September 2017 about horrible customer/tech support so my guess is most or all of the staff had left leaving Steve Wu to go down with the remaining stock. He probably had more on his mind than wiping the company drives. A 3-alarm fire would have taken care of the stock and company servers! :runforlife:

More on his mind or not, guaranteed this wasn't an innocent mistake. This is not something you "forget about". Retailers are in constant fear of being compromised. One incident can ruin a business. No way all those years of constantly evaluating your security, patching systems(time consuming and expensive), and worry don't magically get forgotten when the business goes under.

More likely he threw his hands in the air and walked away. Kinda like those tenants who leave the place in a mess, front door wide open, heat on, TV on, etc when evicted rather than doing the right thing and cleaning up after yourself.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Good grief...even T4 info out there, for sale? That smacks of government or bookkeeper info being laid out.

This is right up there with hospital/doctor patient debacles we have seen in recent past.

Nothing is secure once committed to the net. I wonder about filing taxes online now, not that I have taken that leap myself (I have been trusting Canada Post) (dicey too with mail theft so common).
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”