Smart Home Devices

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Smart Home Devices

Post by Bsuds »

Just got 3 more for $12.99cdn delivered. Took me all of 5 min to set them up and connect to my google home devices.

Now I am pretty sure I have enough for the Christmas lights my Wife loves.

Hey Google turn off the frigging Christmas lights! :biggrin:
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Bsuds wrote:Just got 3 more for $12.99cdn delivered. Took me all of 5 min to set them up and connect to my google home devices.

Just ordered a 3 pack for myself, and since I was a new user at Ali, I got US$3.00 off ... total damage $7.93 CDN ...

"Hey Google, turn off the the friggin Christmas lights" lol :up:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I just installed 2 smart wall switches that I ordered from Amazon. ($18 ea)

I got both installed and operating in about an hour part of which was my own fault for missing something. lol

They seem to work well and one will be controlling my outside Christmas lights. That was may main reason to order them cause what I had timing them presently was a bit of a clusterf**k. This will be much better.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

RVThereYet wrote:
Bsuds wrote:Just got 3 more for $12.99cdn delivered. Took me all of 5 min to set them up and connect to my google home devices.

Just ordered a 3 pack for myself, and since I was a new user at Ali, I got US$3.00 off ... total damage $7.93 CDN ...

"Hey Google, turn off the the friggin Christmas lights" lol :up:

I received my initial order from Ali, and after making sure these things work as advertised, I promptly ordered 3 more... Can't beat the price, 3 pc. set for under CDN $8.00 including (!!) shipping landed in my mailbox in about 3 weeks time. How can they even make money at that, the shipping alone has to be $3.00-$5.00? Anyways, thanks for the tip Bsuds!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I just ordered 3 more as well. I got a message from the supplier that they only had 30 left and were selling them off at 5.99 us a pack.

That will bring me up to 16 wall plugs and 2 wall switches. I think I'm good for now but I am putting a smart garage door opener and an irrigation timer on my Christmas wish list.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Bsuds wrote:I just ordered 3 more as well. I got a message from the supplier that they only had 30 left and were selling them off at 5.99 us a pack.

That will bring me up to 16 wall plugs and 2 wall switches. I think I'm good for now but I am putting a smart garage door opener and an irrigation timer on my Christmas wish list.

I got the same message...

Here's a hint for you ... As a new user they gave me a US $3.00 off coupon for my first order which brought the price down to CDN $7.89 landed with the foreign transaction fees on my CC. For the 2nd order, I signed up with a diff. username and email address and used a diff. CC, and got another US $3.00 off coupon.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I looked up the GoPro Hero 7 on Aliexpress... wow, more expensive than Costco!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote:I looked up the GoPro Hero 7 on Aliexpress... wow, more expensive than Costco!

Yes, like shopping anywhere you need to know your prices. Some things are either similar or more expensive on the site.
But there are many things that are way cheaper.

I get my DW a new watch about once every 12 months or so because it's cheaper than buying a battery here.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Clothes are very good price on Ali! I bought a new suit for like $350 recently... could have gotten it there for 1/3 of the price!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote:Clothes are very good price on Ali! I bought a new suit for like $350 recently... could have gotten it there for 1/3 of the price!

I bought a couple of T shirt's on Ali once to wear on a Cruise. I ordered XL.

They were too small for a large 6 year old. :200:

I've had some luck with footwear but even using their measuring system they all seem to be bit tight. Usually sandals so not a really big deal.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bsuds wrote:I bought a couple of T shirt's on Ali once to wear on a Cruise. I ordered XL.

They were too small for a large 6 year old. :200:

Same thing happened to me when I ordered condoms for a Cruise from Ali. I ordered XL, but they were too small.
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote:Same thing happened to me when I ordered condoms for a Cruise from Ali. I ordered XL, but they were too small.

You ordered the Russian brand by mistake.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bsuds wrote:You ordered the Russian brand by mistake.

Must be because the North American version doesn't have XL as an option.

condomsize.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Douglas Murray
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Installed the smart garage door opener. Now it reminds me when I forget to close the garage door, can open and close it on the phone or through Google Assistant. It can also open it as I get close.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Which one did you get?

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”