Climate change.

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Climate change.

Post by The Green Barbarian »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jul 31st, 2022, 7:18 pm [

who started this fairy tale?
Evil lying scumbags who wanted to make trillions selling carbon credits to gullible brainless fools. That's who.

You can babble away about Venus all you want but that's just dumb. Man made climate is a fairy tale. Only true gullible fools are still buying into this total fake garbage.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Give Up Your Yacht Before Lecturing": Bolsonaro Sinks DiCaprio In Titanic Twitter Thread

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/giv ... ter-thread
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jul 31st, 2022, 7:18 pm
The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 31st, 2022, 5:57 pm

But what are we fighting here? The man-made climate change fairy tale or what?

Today I drove back from Vancouver, passed the sites of the evil sky genie's destruction of two bridges on the Coq. Alongside these sites of the ESG's work were a beautiful pile of pipe ready to go into the ground to carry more liquids. Great to see. Then it was on to the Connector, passing five wind turbines sitting listless and unturning with no wind in sight. Oh how this fight against this invisible being is just so freaking dumb.
who started this fairy tale? why did they start it? what is the aim for starting this fairy tale? what proof is there of this fairy tale in motion? what is the plan of this fairytale? if none of these questions can be answered with real data then i think we know who is telling fairy tales :smt045
James Hansen was one of the "starters". He lied his activist a$$ off, got himself arrested multiple times, and disabled the A/C system before a presentation to Senate to help manipulate an outcome. He has a masters in Astronomy. So there you go, one person with one incomplete opinion.
High 106° Low 84° – this isn’t much different than Dr. Jim Hansen picking a hot Washington day in June 1988 to disable the air conditioning while he addressed the Senate over his global warming concerns. Props…gotta have props.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Rat Fink 318
Board Meister

Post by Rat Fink 318 »

Rat Fink 318 wrote: Jul 31st, 2022, 4:47 am

A man made fight, of course.

. . .
Fighting what.
The Rat Fink 318 at Okanagan Lake. Our second home for over 20 years, and soon to be our official residence.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Merry wrote: Jul 21st, 2019, 11:34 am School textbooks have often been used as vehicles for propaganda for the prevailing views of the day. That's nothing new.
Love it, end of the day if you pay the right person. You will hear what you want to be said.

What happened to the theory we in Canada are carbon neutral?? Oh wait someone was paid to debunk it.

http://ourbeautifulearth.ca/?page_id=10 ... nd%20trees.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Ken7 wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 9:08 am
Merry wrote: Jul 21st, 2019, 11:34 am School textbooks have often been used as vehicles for propaganda for the prevailing views of the day. That's nothing new.
Love it, end of the day if you pay the right person. You will hear what you want to be said.

What happened to the theory we in Canada are carbon neutral?? Oh wait someone was paid to debunk it.

http://ourbeautifulearth.ca/?page_id=10 ... nd%20trees.
Follow the Money Trail ......
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Jlabute wrote: Jul 31st, 2022, 10:08 pm
captkirkcanada wrote: Jul 31st, 2022, 7:18 pm

who started this fairy tale? why did they start it? what is the aim for starting this fairy tale? what proof is there of this fairy tale in motion? what is the plan of this fairytale? if none of these questions can be answered with real data then i think we know who is telling fairy tales :smt045
James Hansen was one of the "starters". He lied his activist a$$ off, got himself arrested multiple times, and disabled the A/C system before a presentation to Senate to help manipulate an outcome. He has a masters in Astronomy. So there you go, one person with one incomplete opinion.
High 106° Low 84° – this isn’t much different than Dr. Jim Hansen picking a hot Washington day in June 1988 to disable the air conditioning while he addressed the Senate over his global warming concerns. Props…gotta have props.
Actually thousands of actual climate scientists (not to be confused with those who play scientists on the internet) studied the issue and the vast majority of their research concluded human activities are accelerating climate change. These scientists are all over the planet and funded by a variety of public and private sources. Some worked for oil companies and were paid to disprove it but were unable to. You won't find these scientists on YouTube and blogs though, you'll need to go to their actual papers. Or IPCC or NASA for well presented summaries of their work.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Brushy Bill wrote: Jul 31st, 2019, 7:25 am Agreed and its unfortunate to see the students being used as pawns to further an agenda
Where is the intelligence to see that human activity will never be able to roll back the change
Herr Trudeau has plans for all the textbooks that don't support his agenda.

If it doesn't promote Liberal ideology, it will be destined for the burn pile (of course, we'll pay for carbon credits to offset the CO2 from the pyres).

Sieg Heil!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Rat Fink 318 wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 5:56 am

. . .
Fighting what.
Rat Fink 318 wrote: Jul 30th, 2022, 1:03 pm The question.

“Is this the end of the fight against climate change —
Is this "climate change" you posted about man-made or natural climate change? Because if it's the man-made fairy tale, no thank you.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Gone_Fishin wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 11:27 am
Brushy Bill wrote: Jul 31st, 2019, 7:25 am Agreed and its unfortunate to see the students being used as pawns to further an agenda
Where is the intelligence to see that human activity will never be able to roll back the change

If it doesn't promote Liberal ideology, it will be destined for the burn pile (of course, we'll pay for carbon credits to offset the CO2 from the pyres).

Sieg Heil!

Thousands of climate scientists (not to be confused with those who play scientists on the internet and on TV shows like Al Gore, Bill Nye and David Suzuki) studied the issue and the vast majority of their research concluded human activities are not accelerating climate change. These scientists are all over the planet and funded by a variety of public and private sources. Some worked for big Green "charitable organizations" (lol) and were paid to say that man-made climate change exists, but were unable to do so, because it doesn't. You won't find these scientists on YouTube and blogs though, you'll need to go to their actual papers, which are very good.

If you want to read what the lying global elitists who want to sell you carbon credits, read the trash put out by the morally bankrupt and evil UN. They are true scum.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 11:49 am
Gone_Fishin wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 11:27 am

Sieg Heil!

Thousands of climate scientists (not to be confused with those who play scientists on the internet and on TV shows like Al Gore, Bill Nye and David Suzuki) studied the issue and the vast majority of their research concluded human activities are not accelerating climate change. These scientists are all over the planet and funded by a variety of public and private sources. Some worked for big Green "charitable organizations" (lol) and were paid to say that man-made climate change exists, but were unable to do so, because it doesn't. You won't find these scientists on YouTube and blogs though, you'll need to go to their actual papers, which are very good.

If you want to read what the lying global elitists who want to sell you carbon credits, read the trash put out by the morally bankrupt and evil UN. They are true scum.
I dare you to link actual papers instead of blogs. And please stop plagiarizing me. Do have original thoughts.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 11:53 am

I dare you to link actual papers instead of blogs.
We've been through this thousands of times over the years. People who know man-made climate change is a hoax post all kinds of research, which is immediately dismissed. Even if it is "peer-reviewed" etc, it doesn't matter. We can post insightful information from the likes of Tim Ball, Judith Curry, William Happer, Bjorn Lomborg etc, but these people are just immediately dismissed as "bloggers", or as "deniers", or "climate deniers" (who denies the climate exists?).

Of course any scientists who dare claim that this whole thing is a hoax is immediately black-balled by "the scientific establishment", which is a joke, and actually criminal. Must keep up the hoax of the "consensus", which doesn't exist. NASA etc don't want the rivers of government money to stop, and those rivers are controlled by those who are growing fat and uber-rich on carbon credits. Can't stop that gravy train of cash, no matter what, keep it flowing. Gotta keep reaching for everyone's pockets while keeping them scared, and brain-washing all the kiddies in school.

The evil non-existent apocalyptic fairy-tale must be scaring everyone 24-7. No other options.
And please stop plagiarizing me. Do have original thoughts.
I wasn't really plagiarizing you, just showing you that your words could be turned around into actual truth, instead of mega lies. And it worked, beautifully.
Rat Fink 318
Board Meister

Post by Rat Fink 318 »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 11:46 am
Rat Fink 318 wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 5:56 am

Fighting what.
Rat Fink 318 wrote: Jul 30th, 2022, 1:03 pm The question.

“Is this the end of the fight against climate change —
Is this "climate change" you posted about man-made or natural climate change? Because if it's the man-made fairy tale, no thank you.
The article doesn't mention man-made climate change. So I guess you can still thank me.
The Rat Fink 318 at Okanagan Lake. Our second home for over 20 years, and soon to be our official residence.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Rat Fink 318 wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 12:29 pm

The article doesn't mention man-made climate change. So I guess you can still thank me.
Actually, the entire horrible article is laden with the usual lies, hyperbole and apocalyptic nonsense we see all the time from the man-made climate change crowd of liars. The biggest lie is couching it as just "climate change", which detracts from the truth, which is that the climate changes naturally, and that no link can be made anywhere to man's activities contributing anything to these natural changes. The author of this article seems to think that mankind and stop the sun from shining. That's how dense these hoaxers are, just disgusting.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

bidwell2 wrote: Jul 30th, 2022, 7:51 am
hobbyguy wrote: Sep 14th, 2019, 1:13 pm While there are those who choose to believe that climate change is 100% not human caused and those who believe it is 100% human caused, I personally am in the camp where I believe that humans are significantly exacerbating climate change as a natural process.
That is a very good summation of the problem, and not only do you outline the problems behind the 'listen to me' on media, you provide viable solutions. Fast trains, nuclear power (small nuclear power plants have been in the planning stage for years) etc. Solar power would be great except when I looked into it the payback on capex was 15 years - just to break even. The great leap in EV's was driven by Musk, the same guy who is polluting near space with satellites (wait for them to start coming down - a new generation of disaster movies). Maybe if we could collectively spend our money promoting real alternatives to current power generation and reducing airborne and water pollution, instead of making Musk, Kim Kardashian and her pothead boyfriend richer by the day, then we might get somewhere.
BTW I totally agree with fertilizer runoff problem, I saw it first hand where I lived when orchards with high chemical requirements were planted, and the lake in question now has 'algal blooms' constantly.
Want to see another reason for climate change? Take a look at satellite images over BC, or even scarier, the Amazon. The amount of deforestation is scary beyond words.
Hobbyguy says everyone fits on a sliding scale when it comes to man's portion of "climate change". This is also true for scientists and political collusion is common. Saying man is 100% responsible is the most common lie of the century. Saying man is 0% responsible might be somewhat close. Maybe 1 or 2%. He and I do not see eye to eye on this. "Significant" contribution can cover a lot of territory, and there is no solid evidence suggesting man is culpable.

When you observe climate change over the last 100 years and compare it to the 102 MODELs, you'll notice they are all wrong predicting TODAY's temperatures as they are way too hot, same with future temperatures. MODELs have many constants and assumptions and are implemented on our POOR understanding of climate. Due to the poor understanding of climate and universal disagreements, we have chosen the easy way out of playing with MODELs. This allows government to sell any story they like without being questioned about the software, or assumptions, or constants. How could a computer be wrong?

One disastrous aspect of climate models is when you run them back in time to predict climates 1000's of years back, you get very cold outcomes when the earth was actually hotter than it is today with higher sea levels. This is because MODELs assume CO2 is responsible for MORE than it really is. All of what you hear in the news is based on BAD MODELs. One has to be gullible to believe any of it since it is also common sense.

CO2 has logarithmic absorption. 80% of the warming from CO2 happened in the first 20ppm. W/m^2 forcing potential of CO2 that man can be responsible for is no more than a few W/m^2, but, how does water vapor and convection interfere with this?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”