Freedom Mobile?

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Freedom Mobile?

Post by RVThereYet »

Anyone using Freedom Mobile now that it's available in the Okanagan?

How's your phone coverage in general around Kelowna, data speeds, wifi hotspots etc.

Anyone using it in and around Lake Country?

What do you like/dislike?

Thanks for any feedback...
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Post by 1791 »

Lil brother switched to Freedom. He is happy. Saving a ton of money has a huge data package and a brand new iphonex something or other .
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Good deals yes. Apparenty they drop a lot of calls. I'll look into them when their more established in the area.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Freedom is owned by Shaw, I am looking for a low cost plan with some data.

Depending on your needs you could look at these 2 as well. They start at $15/mo and their $25 plans look like they would work for me. You can also add on US coverage for a small fee when you go there.

Public Mobile (Telus)

Lucky Mobile (Bell)

Right now I am on Telus pay as you go at $10/mo which only gives me 500 min and 100 texts with no data and no US coverage.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Triple 6 wrote:Good deals yes. Apparenty they drop a lot of calls. I'll look into them when their more established in the area.

Interesting as with them owned by Shaw and on the same network does Shaw drop calls too or is there something else that causes problems? They should already be established.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Happy with Telus for all we have .. That includes service almost everywhere , no dropped calls ever , as much data as I can handle and service reps that understand my 400 bucks a month ( 4 devices all lit up like Christmas trees ) could go anywhere else anytime I get "upset" with them ..

I get exactly what I pay for and I'm not expecting it to be cheap .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We are grossly overcharged for Mobile phones in Canada.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/26 ... tion-issue

My Sister lives in Hawaii and pays $50 US for unlimited calls/data and roaming in the US, Canada and Mexico! I hate to think what we would pay for that service.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Bsuds"

Interesting as with them owned by Shaw and on the same network does Shaw drop calls too or is there something else that causes problems? They should already be established.

Freedom put up a large amount of repeaters and cell equipment on a apartment building on Pandosy over the last 6 months.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I guess just because a provider is "owned" by one of the big telco's it does not mean they are automatically on the same network.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Bsuds wrote:I guess just because a provider is "owned" by one of the big telco's it does not mean they are automatically on the same network.

Ever heard the phrase " you get what you pay for " ?

I think it sums it up perfectly .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

Bsuds wrote:We are grossly overcharged for Mobile phones in Canada.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/26 ... tion-issue

My Sister lives in Hawaii and pays $50 US for unlimited calls/data and roaming in the US, Canada and Mexico! I hate to think what we would pay for that service.

I pay $61 per month all in, unlimited calls texts in canada and 4gb data
i am with Koodo
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

MAPearce wrote:Happy with Telus for all we have .. That includes service almost everywhere , no dropped calls ever , as much data as I can handle and service reps that understand my 400 bucks a month ( 4 devices all lit up like Christmas trees ) could go anywhere else anytime I get "upset" with them ..

$4800 a year for cells phones is bloody insane
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

MAPearce wrote:
Ever heard the phrase " you get what you pay for " ?

I think it sums it up perfectly .

We get crap for what we pay for. Cell phone plan prices are insane for what we get in this country.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote:Happy with Telus for all we have .. That includes service almost everywhere , no dropped calls ever , as much data as I can handle and service reps that understand my 400 bucks a month ( 4 devices all lit up like Christmas trees ) could go anywhere else anytime I get "upset" with them ..

skydawg wrote:
$4800 a year for cells phones is bloody insane

I suspect must have 4 of the newest $1500 iPhones that he's paying for too. :200:
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

I have a work phone the company pays for.

My personal Xiaomi cost me about $200 outright and service from Virgin about $20 per month. Data is pay per use, which I rarely use because I don't have facebook to constantly check and there's usually some wifi floating around.

While I'm not cool enough to own a $1500 iPhone, I do have a lot of Apple Inc stock which has made me a ****load of money over the years from people who do have iPhones.
All posts 100% moderator approved!

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”