Freedom Mobile?

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby Bsuds » Sep 5th, 2019, 11:35 am

I just switched today to Public Mobile.

$25/mo for unlimited talk/text and 500mb+500mb bonus of data. The bonus is for auto pay by CC ea month.

I also get a $2 discount for paying by CC.

If anyone is interested and uses me for a referral I will get a $1 per month discount as long as they stay as a customer.

So if anyone is going to sign up PM me first. :biggrin:
How do Dragons blow out candles?
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 47421
Likes: 13591 posts
Liked in: 17268 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:46 am

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby GordonH » Sep 5th, 2019, 11:39 am

Bsuds wrote:I just switched today to Public Mobile.

$25/mo for unlimited talk/text and 500mb+500mb bonus of data. The bonus is for auto pay by CC ea month.

I also get a $2 discount for paying by CC.

If anyone is interested and uses me for a referral I will get a $1 per month discount as long as they stay as a customer.

So if anyone is going to sign up PM me first. :biggrin:


Parent company is Telus
“Be water my friend”.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
― Bruce Lee
User avatar
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
 
Posts: 27896
Likes: 3623 posts
Liked in: 12293 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 6:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby Bsuds » Sep 5th, 2019, 11:52 am

GordonH wrote:Parent company is Telus


Yes and Public uses Telus infrastructure so the coverage is the same.

Cheaper rates for the same coverage because you do everything online for yourself. If you don't have an issue doing that then it's a no brainer imo.

If you travel to the US you can add roaming for a fee which is a real bonus as well. We do that a few times a year and had no coverage with our Telus pay as you go phones.

Also I can call anywhere in Canada free. I had to pay .50 min on my old plan.
How do Dragons blow out candles?
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 47421
Likes: 13591 posts
Liked in: 17268 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:46 am

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby DLC-Deals » Sep 6th, 2019, 7:30 am

Bsuds wrote:
GordonH wrote:Parent company is Telus


Yes and Public uses Telus infrastructure so the coverage is the same.

Cheaper rates for the same coverage because you do everything online for yourself. If you don't have an issue doing that then it's a no brainer imo.

If you travel to the US you can add roaming for a fee which is a real bonus as well. We do that a few times a year and had no coverage with our Telus pay as you go phones.

Also I can call anywhere in Canada free. I had to pay .50 min on my old plan.


Your data speeds are at 3G though, vs LTE (4G)?
DLC-Deals
 
Posts: 12
Likes: 83 posts
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Dec 4th, 2013, 2:14 pm

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby Bsuds » Sep 6th, 2019, 9:41 am

DLC-Deals wrote:Your data speeds are at 3G though, vs LTE (4G)?


That's not much of an issue when I had no data service before.
How do Dragons blow out candles?

1791 likes this post.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 47421
Likes: 13591 posts
Liked in: 17268 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:46 am

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby DLC-Deals » Sep 6th, 2019, 10:23 am

Bsuds wrote:
DLC-Deals wrote:Your data speeds are at 3G though, vs LTE (4G)?


That's not much of an issue when I had no data service before.


the price is right, that's for sure!

Bsuds likes this post.
DLC-Deals
 
Posts: 12
Likes: 83 posts
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Dec 4th, 2013, 2:14 pm

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby crookedmember » Sep 20th, 2019, 1:51 pm

DLC-Deals wrote:
Your data speeds are at 3G though, vs LTE (4G)?


Public Mobile connects to the Telus 4G network, but they throttle the speeds down to 2.5mbps. That's fine for most people.

$23/month for unlimited talk, text and 1GB data is a great deal for those smart enough to own their phones.
"It was our plan all along to lose this election and try to win the next one." -Conservative Fringe Party of Canada tries to rationalize its second humiliating defeat to Justin Trudeau.
User avatar
crookedmember
Übergod
 
Posts: 1661
Likes: 103 posts
Liked in: 727 posts
Joined: Jan 8th, 2011, 9:43 am
Location: Fled to greener pastures.

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby Bsuds » Sep 20th, 2019, 2:01 pm

I am happy so far with Public Mobile.
How do Dragons blow out candles?
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 47421
Likes: 13591 posts
Liked in: 17268 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:46 am

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby JBV3737 » Dec 29th, 2019, 11:11 pm

I'm with public mobile. Exact same coverage as telus or koodo.
Unlimited text
100 mins
250 MBs data.
13$ which decreases 1$ per year a month upto 5 years loyalty program. So in 4 years ill be paying 8$ a month. Unless a reference people which reduces it 2$ a month each reference lol.

OldIslander likes this post.
JBV3737
 
Posts: 3
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Jul 28th, 2011, 3:35 pm

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby OldIslander » Dec 30th, 2019, 10:51 am

I'm into my 3rd year now with Public Mobile.

- Unlimited Canada-wide talk
- Unlimited international text
- 1 Gig per month

With loyalty discount and auto-payment discount, I'm paying $21 per month. And just before xmas, they gave all their loyal clients a free Gig of data with no time limit, and (I think...) 40 minutes of free US talk (no time limit...).

Drawbacks:
- no real people to deal with -- all comms via their site, the 'community', or 'help tickets'
- (but you do get help quickly)
- slow -- 3G -- faster is much more expensive

I've never had a dropped call -- it seems to work everywhere that other phones work, with more expensive BC Tell plans.

I'm a great fan of them and their service...!
"Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other."

Bsuds likes this post.
User avatar
OldIslander
Board Meister
 
Posts: 436
Likes: 867 posts
Liked in: 615 posts
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2014, 9:48 am
Location: Vancouver Island

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby Bsuds » Dec 30th, 2019, 12:57 pm

I have used Public for about 3 months now with no problems.
How do Dragons blow out candles?

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 47421
Likes: 13591 posts
Liked in: 17268 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:46 am

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby typhoon44 » Jan 2nd, 2020, 5:16 pm

Freedom gets no coverage at Lebanon Creek park, while Telus does have coverage.
Even at my house I need to switch the phone to 3G or it won't receive calls from other Freedom phones.
I may get my wife to switch to Public Mobile to see if it works any better.
typhoon44
Übergod
 
Posts: 1050
Likes: 94 posts
Liked in: 470 posts
Joined: Sep 24th, 2017, 10:23 am

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby GordonH » Jan 2nd, 2020, 5:23 pm

typhoon44 wrote:Freedom gets no coverage at Lebanon Creek park, while Telus does have coverage.
Even at my house I need to switch the phone to 3G or it won't receive calls from other Freedom phones.
I may get my wife to switch to Public Mobile to see if it works any better.


Since Public Mobile is a telus company it uses their towers. It's sounding like Freedom is possible piggybacking on Rogers network.
I was with them when I got a cell phone, drop them because of to many dead zones.
“Be water my friend”.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
― Bruce Lee
User avatar
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
 
Posts: 27896
Likes: 3623 posts
Liked in: 12293 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 6:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby OKkayak » Jan 5th, 2020, 1:17 am

Starting to look into Freedom a bit more. Currently I'm paying $70/month for the same what I can get with Freedom for $45/month, plus they have US Roaming at $5/day vs my current $7/day.
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
User avatar
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10094
Likes: 11498 posts
Liked in: 17721 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Re: Freedom Mobile?

Postby 1791 » Jan 5th, 2020, 5:35 am

OKkayak wrote:Starting to look into Freedom a bit more. Currently I'm paying $70/month for the same what I can get with Freedom for $45/month, plus they have US Roaming at $5/day vs my current $7/day.



On the coast I think it will work well. In Okanagan it is a bit spotty for service still
1791
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2289
Likes: 3523 posts
Liked in: 1615 posts
Joined: Jul 29th, 2019, 1:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Computers, Science, Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests