Comwave

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Comwave

Post by oneh2obabe »

Anyone have this phone/cable/internet service? Friend called tonight and said they were thinking of having it installed. Checked online and the prices seem to be in line with Shaw & Telus for what they want. Not sure how reliable the service is though.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Comwave

Post by Bsuds »

This should probably be in the Tech section.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

Prices are pretty ordinary. Looking at their "regular" price there are better deals out there. Their 6 month free deal, well, it is only free for 3 months at the BEGINNING of the 3 year contract and free for 3 months at the end of the contract.

They also fail to disclose, or at least I couldnt find it, what the installation and/or connection charges and the equipment costs are per month.

ETA, reviews about comwave doesnt appear that great. Notice the equipment charges stated by users, LOL
https://mythreecents.com/reviews/comwave
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

When I checked for them last night, one-time charge was $115 or $125 depending on package chosen and the set top box thingamabob was $12.95/month for the 1st one and $9.95/month for the 2nd.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

My provider charges nothing for equipment rentals, at least the internet modem and phone box. Their "regular price" is much lower than comwave.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Which provider? Mine doesn't charge for them either and my landline is through Fido - less than half the price Shaw or Telus want and I get unlimited Canada-wide long distance plus all the other features.

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Telus landline is no charge. They had a promo awhile back for Seniors when they had Fibre installed.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

oneh2obabe wrote:Which provider?

can-com.com

search this forum, I have provided info on them.
DANSPEED
Übergod

Post by DANSPEED »

oneh2obabe wrote:Anyone have this phone/cable/internet service?

I think Tie Domi has it.

Google Comwave and most reviews start with, "bunch of crooks" "worst company ever" "Terrible terrible people!" "Stay far away from Comwave" "Comwave is absolute garbage" "scamwave" ... so sounds good! [icon_lol2.gif]

Reviews on BBB for Comwave Networks Inc. are even better!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

DANSPEED wrote:
oneh2obabe wrote:Anyone have this phone/cable/internet service?

I think Tie Domi has it.

Google Comwave and most reviews start with, "bunch of crooks" "worst company ever" "Terrible terrible people!" "Stay far away from Comwave" "Comwave is absolute garbage" "scamwave" ... so sounds good! [icon_lol2.gif]

Reviews on BBB for Comwave Networks Inc. are even better!

Sounds like the best wave in this case is the bye bye wave. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
DANSPEED
Übergod

Post by DANSPEED »

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

DANSPEED wrote:Google Comwave and most reviews start with, "bunch of crooks" "worst company ever" "Terrible terrible people!" "Stay far away from Comwave" "Comwave is absolute garbage" "scamwave" ... so sounds good!

I forwarded her web sites for a few providers in the area and told her to thoroughly check them out - read the damn reviews and don't just look at the price.

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ buyer be aware.... plus if it looks to good to be true, chances are it is.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
DANSPEED
Übergod

Post by DANSPEED »

oneh2obabe wrote:I forwarded her web sites for a few providers in the area and told her to thoroughly check them out - read the damn reviews and don't just look at the price.

... and closely read their traffic management policies!

My friend is paying big bucks for Xplornet 6 Mbps but he can't even stream Shaw's FreeRange TV at low quality. Xplornet's policy says...

A small percentage of customers are responsible for a disproportionate share of data usage on our network. To minimize the impact that heavier users might have on the experience of other Xplornet customers, we have implemented a Traffic Management Policy. Our intent with this policy is to affect the fewest customers while helping maintain the best speeds for the majority of customers.

Disproportionate share of data! ... meaning they have more customers than bandwidth.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”