Electric Vehicles

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Electric Vehicles

Post by JagXKR »

LovemyBolt wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 10:19 am And oil extraction and burning isn't raping the planet?
The oil industry and those of us that drive ICE vehicles are not the ones touting their virtue signalling "I'm saving the planet" dogma. All the while, destroying the planet.
The biggest hypocrites in the world are the greenies and their myopic vision.
"I'm saving the planet by destroying it" should be attached to all golf carts driving on the streets which were paid for by ICE vehicle fuel taxes. That would be justice, and so apropos. :up:
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

LovemyBolt wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 10:19 am My EV ain't no golf cart. Drive one some day. They're a hoot to drive. Not a golf cart.
Hoot? Like this right? [icon_lol2.gif]
https://youtu.be/Z93QpgGJRDA
LovemyBolt
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by LovemyBolt »

JagXKR wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 11:03 am
LovemyBolt wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 10:19 am My EV ain't no golf cart. Drive one some day. They're a hoot to drive. Not a golf cart.
Hoot? Like this right? [icon_lol2.gif]
https://youtu.be/Z93QpgGJRDA
Looks like fun. You should see all the golf carts that look like scaled cars down in like Sun City in Arizona. But I don't think they go like that.
The only virtue I signal is not buying gas.
captkirkcanada
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by captkirkcanada »

LovemyBolt wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 10:19 am
JagXKR wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 9:58 am I wonder if eco nuts have been adding train batteries to their lithium rape of the planet ideology?

Hydrogen fuel cell, not golf carts, is the real future.
And oil extraction and burning isn't raping the planet?
My EV ain't no golf cart. Drive one some day. They're a hoot to drive. Not a golf cart.
Electricity is everywhere. What is it, 3 stations in the lower mainland and one here? Yeah that enables travel. :135: Where's the eye-rolling smilie?
no because lithium is getting mined regardless of ev batteries, in fact its silly an non logical to suggest that. lithium mining produces same pollution as any other ore mining in canada , so if one is against mining lithium they are against all mining an should stop using anything made from gold, iron, aluminum etc etc .
, lithium-magnesium alloys are used in making armor platings and lithium-aluminum alloys are used in manufacturing the parts of airplanes, high-speed trains, and also in making bicycle frames.
Lithium is also used in manufacturing lubricating greases.

These greases are able to withstand high temperatures and are therefore used in aircraft engines, especially during World War II.
https://techiescientist.com/uses-of-lithium/
Tick Tock ,Trump is headed to a jail lock
captkirkcanada
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by captkirkcanada »

i remember 2 years ago reading about the bigger cities having delivery switch to electric so really this shouldn't surprise anyone at this point, its just progress at work. :up:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/37 ... et-by-2040
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 11:39 am no because lithium is getting mined regardless of ev batteries, in fact its silly an non logical to suggest that. lithium mining produces same pollution as any other ore mining in canada , so if one is against mining lithium they are against all mining an should stop using anything made from gold, iron, aluminum etc etc .
Wrong.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/606 ... f-lithium/
Lithium is being mined more than ever. All due to batteries and the greatest increase in need for batteries is the golf cart.
https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/our-natural-res ... acts/24009
Lithium is a highly reactive metal that is used to make energy-dense rechargeable batteries for electronics, such as laptops, cell phones, electric vehicles and grid storage. Demand for lithium ion batteries has grown significantly in recent years, driving global exploration and enabling new lithium projects to be considered. Batteries accounted for 71% of total demand in 2020.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

captkirkcanada
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by captkirkcanada »

JagXKR wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 5:01 pm
captkirkcanada wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 11:39 am no because lithium is getting mined regardless of ev batteries, in fact its silly an non logical to suggest that. lithium mining produces same pollution as any other ore mining in canada , so if one is against mining lithium they are against all mining an should stop using anything made from gold, iron, aluminum etc etc .
Wrong.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/606 ... f-lithium/
Lithium is being mined more than ever. All due to batteries and the greatest increase in need for batteries is the golf cart.
https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/our-natural-res ... acts/24009
Lithium is a highly reactive metal that is used to make energy-dense rechargeable batteries for electronics, such as laptops, cell phones, electric vehicles and grid storage. Demand for lithium ion batteries has grown significantly in recent years, driving global exploration and enabling new lithium projects to be considered. Batteries accounted for 71% of total demand in 2020.
Im not wrong , i said lithium is getting mined regardless of any battery use and im right .
captkirkcanada
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by captkirkcanada »

I never said anything about increase because it doesnt matter when its getting mined regardless of use in batteries . If you are going to critique my post make sure its about what i write and not some made up conspiracy . And you never did address its no more pollutting than other forms of ore mining so what is so special about lithium ? Its why i dont believe everything on the internet lest i might think lithium is bad [icon_lol2.gif]
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 6:09 pm Im not wrong , i said lithium is getting mined regardless of any battery use and im right .
Your implication that it is getting mined at the current level? Or at the level before golf cart batteries? Because they are vastly different. One was low and one is high. More than 300% increase in mining of Lithium. No other substance has had an increase in mining of 300% in such a short time.
Lithium is being mined at a monstrously increased rate due to golf cart batteries. Making it horrible for the environment just so golf cart owners can virtue signal how great they are.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 6:14 pm I never said anything about increase because it doesnt matter when its getting mined regardless of use in batteries . If you are going to critique my post make sure its about what i write and not some made up conspiracy . And you never did address its no more pollutting than other forms of ore mining so what is so special about lithium ? Its why i dont believe everything on the internet lest i might think lithium is bad [icon_lol2.gif]
It's not more polluting or less polluting. It's massive increase compared to ALL other mining is what is bad. And it's ALL due to golf carts and their virtue signalling owners that choose not to believe they are the cause for the increased mining. 300% more than just a decade ago. No other substance has had as great a change, for the bad, in such a short time.
Go ahead and keep red herring your way around the facts that Lithium mining and the massive increased amount of mining is hypocritical for "saving the planet".
And the amount required for the future needs of the "golf cart in every driveway" crowd is mind boggling huge. From the Bloomberg link
The world is going to need five times more lithium by end of the decade
Screenshot 2022-06-09 at 22-01-14 The Trouble With Lithium.png
5 TIMES! Good job all you virtue signalling "planet savers". :thumbsdown:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
captkirkcanada
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by captkirkcanada »

JagXKR wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 9:31 pm
captkirkcanada wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 6:09 pm Im not wrong , i said lithium is getting mined regardless of any battery use and im right .
Your implication that it is getting mined at the current level? Or at the level before golf cart batteries? Because they are vastly different. One was low and one is high. More than 300% increase in mining of Lithium. No other substance has had an increase in mining of 300% in such a short time.
Lithium is being mined at a monstrously increased rate due to golf cart batteries. Making it horrible for the environment just so golf cart owners can virtue signal how great they are.
i dont care about golfers per say , and i will take your numbers as accurate and my answer is the same i say about any ore mining, if reasonable safe guards are put in place then who am i to stop good paying jobs? i dont like the fact gold mines are right be side salmon rivers but here we are. life goes on. im more concerned about oil mining but thats another thread.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 10:32 pm i dont care about golfers per say , and i will take your numbers as accurate and my answer is the same i say about any ore mining, if reasonable safe guards are put in place then who am i to stop good paying jobs? i dont like the fact gold mines are right be side salmon rivers but here we are. life goes on. im more concerned about oil mining but thats another thread.
It's not that there is mining it's the massive increase due to the demand for golf cart (EV) batteries. Can't be more simple than that. No massive increase in ANY OTHER MINING. Get it?
And all so virtue signalers can say they are "saving the planet".
Jlabute
Lord of the Board

Post by Jlabute »

^^^

Yup, virtue signalers need 30x more lithium mining if everyone is to have an EV. Even if fuel cells are to save us, we don't have enough platinum to make them. I find leftists are not really about the environment or climate, it is about power. No one else could be that dumb.

The EU is considering to declare Lithium too hazardous and shut down a mine in Germany. Bye bye EVs.
However, the European Commission is currently assessing a proposal by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) to classify lithium carbonate, chloride and hydroxide as dangerous for human health.
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpre ... -a-hazard/
There is a fine line between numerator and denominator, and only a fraction understands this.
LovemyBolt
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by LovemyBolt »

Jlabute wrote: Jun 10th, 2022, 9:19 am
Yup, virtue signalers need 30x more lithium mining if everyone is to have an EV. Even if fuel cells are to save us, we don't have enough platinum to make them. I find leftists are not really about the environment or climate, it is about power. No one else could be that dumb.
I'll repeat again...this EV owner was solely interested in not buying gas all the time. No virtue signalling other than the virtue of not having the constant outflow of money. Any environmental impacts whether positive or negative are by the way. The long term of not spewing fumes is the extra bonus of an EV. Mining is everywhere. Producing power will always be needed.
Do any of you nay-sayers actually talk to EV owners and is that what they say? Or is that just your invented perspective?

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”