Electric Vehicles

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
captkirkcanada
Lord of the Board

Re: Electric Vehicles

Post by captkirkcanada »

Jlabute wrote: Jul 10th, 2022, 9:09 am
captkirkcanada wrote: Jul 10th, 2022, 6:01 am
Which one has most torque ? That's what counts when towing plus which one could you breath in the exhaust fumes from and live ? :smt045
You're alive, and you've breathed in fumes.
In fact because of fossil fuels, you will live twice as long as your ancestors.

What good is torque is you can't practically travel anywhere? SO you're saying, you can tow a much larger trailer with an EV truck... but barely make it to the end of the road, and this is what you want? lol. Go buy one.
Your opinion that burning oil n gas is going to make you live longer is debunked at the mink farms where they used the exhaust from burning oil n gas to kill the minks . If them farms had tried it with a ev all them minks would have stayed alive .

Plus with a ev , its possible to have engine breaks at all wheels instead of just one . Ppl seem to not realize how long it took to go from a horse n buggy to what looks and functions like todays cars lol . It wasnt over night . It took decades . [icon_lol2.gif]
Hey how are ya ?
captkirkcanada
Lord of the Board

Post by captkirkcanada »

This is so true as my gran kids will grow up thinking oil n gas cars are pollutting the earth for no reason .

Many people of a certain age can recall the first time they held a smartphone. The devices were weird and expensive and novel enough to draw a crowd at parties. Then, less than a decade later, it became unusual not to own one.

That same society-altering shift is happening now with electric vehicles, according to a Bloomberg analysis of adoption rates around the world. The US is the latest country to pass what’s become a critical EV tipping point: 5% of new car sales powered only by electricity. This threshold signals the start of mass EV adoption, the period when technological preferences rapidly flip, according to the analysis.

BNN: US Crosses the Electric-Car Tipping Point for Mass Adoption.
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/us-crosses- ... -1.1789671
Hey how are ya ?
captkirkcanada
Lord of the Board

Post by captkirkcanada »

Hey how are ya ?
captkirkcanada
Lord of the Board

Post by captkirkcanada »

Walmart buys 4500 ev vans .

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4058 ... -purchase/

The Delivery version, however, forgoes rear seats for cargo space and boasts 250 miles of range via an 80.0-kWh battery. Canoo also claims a 1464-pound payload capacity.
Hey how are ya ?
hozzle
Übergod

Post by hozzle »

Sad results for EV trucks.
When it feels like I'm rubbing your back, I'm actually painting a target.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

You'll own nothing and be happy... ok, you might have a car, but, it will be poor quality and the poor quality is paid for or subsidized by everyone.
JDPOWER wrote: Researchers found that gasoline cars average 175 problems per 100 vehicles.

By comparison, generic battery-powered cars — excluding Tesla models — average 240 problems per 100 vehicles, while hybrids average 239 problems

Tesla EV models average 226 problems per 100 vehicles, the report said. The vehicles from Elon Musk’s company were listed separately “because the predominance of Tesla vehicles could obscure the performance of the legacy automakers that have recently introduced BEVs
https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/elec ... d-vehicles
By denying scientific principles , one may maintain any paradox
LovemyBolt
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by LovemyBolt »

Jlabute wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 9:07 am You'll own nothing and be happy... ok, you might have a car, but, it will be poor quality and the poor quality is paid for or subsidized by everyone.
JDPOWER wrote: Researchers found that gasoline cars average 175 problems per 100 vehicles.

By comparison, generic battery-powered cars — excluding Tesla models — average 240 problems per 100 vehicles, while hybrids average 239 problems

Tesla EV models average 226 problems per 100 vehicles, the report said. The vehicles from Elon Musk’s company were listed separately “because the predominance of Tesla vehicles could obscure the performance of the legacy automakers that have recently introduced BEVs
3 years of ownership of this piece of crap EV, aside from the battery, let's see, um, oh yeah I had a slight clunk in the raising of the two front power windows. Got regulators replaced under warranty. That's it.
How about the far more per capita recalls of ICEV's?
I didn't give that site the pleasure of a hit but these reports are out there.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

So you had three problems? Already? Ok, well, I clicked on the link for you a few times. JD POWER did the research and if you don't believe JD POWER then you won't believe any statistical vehicle studies.

I've had my new (gas) vehicle for 1 year, and no problem so far. It isn't even the most reliable gas vehicle one could buy. Not that individual anecdotes mean anything.
LovemyBolt
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by LovemyBolt »

Jlabute wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 10:03 am So you had three problems? Already? Ok, well, I clicked on the link for you a few times. JD POWER did the research and if you don't believe JD POWER then you won't believe any statistical vehicle studies.

I've had my new (gas) vehicle for 1 year, and no problem so far. It isn't even the most reliable gas vehicle one could buy. Not that individual anecdotes mean anything.
I'm fine with JDPower. I didn't say I had a problem with them. I was not going to give your site a hit. I found those reports otherwise. But you added to their hit count anyway. lol
So along with all the gas and the oil and other frequent fluid changes and brake wear...how much is that thing costing you?
EVERY car is going to have some issues along the way even inside warranty. Of course that also depends on how picky and level of expectations each owner might have. If every little rattle doesn't bother you then the problem won't be fixed and become a statistic. Natch.
Kroynon
Übergod

Post by Kroynon »

LovemyBolt wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 9:56 am
3 years of ownership of this piece of crap EV, aside from the battery...
That's funny [icon_lol2.gif]
LovemyBolt
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by LovemyBolt »

Kroynon wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 11:54 am
LovemyBolt wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 9:56 am
3 years of ownership of this piece of crap EV, aside from the battery...
That's funny [icon_lol2.gif]
Depending on how you are interpreting funny...it was meant as a sarcastic comment at the JDPower stuff talking about all the problems with EV's and my own experience. Very little. No one can say their cars are totally problem free. And with that not everyone has the same level of tolerance of what a problem might be that would need attention. I was running out of the bumper to bumper warranty and wondered what I could make use of. Oh I know, the windows make a barely perceptible bump going up. Get that fixed.
The battery was a proactive recall. I didn't specifically have a problem with it.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Jlabute wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 9:07 am You'll own nothing and be happy... ok, you might have a car, but, it will be poor quality and the poor quality is paid for or subsidized by everyone.

Not exactly an apple to apple comparison tho, is it? I'm sure back around the beginning of the 20th century and one compared Model Ts to horses, the Model T would have had much more problems than the horses.... [icon_lol2.gif] The EV revolution is just getting started and going through their growing pains like the ICE did when they started out.
hozzle
Übergod

Post by hozzle »

Electricity prices going up and demand is hurting the infrastructure in some regions.
Capture.JPG
https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/tesl ... 22903.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When it feels like I'm rubbing your back, I'm actually painting a target.
LovemyBolt
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by LovemyBolt »

hozzle wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 6:50 pm Electricity prices going up and demand is hurting the infrastructure in some regions.

Capture.JPG
https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/tesl ... 22903.html
Texas is independent. They don't buy, they don't sell. It's not a national grid. That's what no market solution means. Tough noogies.
And it's a heat wave. So companies are trying to help. The demand is everything needing power, not just EV's.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

foenix wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 3:31 pm

Not exactly an apple to apple comparison tho, is it? I'm sure back around the beginning of the 20th century and one compared Model Ts to horses, the Model T would have had much more problems than the horses.... [icon_lol2.gif] The EV revolution is just getting started and going through their growing pains like the ICE did when they started out.
Apple to apple, like car to car? All cars are have different technologies, and every car manufacturer makes something different, but not as divergent as a horse. The consumer only wants to purchase a 'car' to travel from point A to B and lots of options are available. Unfortunately, the consumer will soon be faced with mandates to buy vehicles that are not necessarily clean, or reliable.

Most people when they shop for vehicles, are looking for a good price on a reliable vehicle. After the warranty expires, repairs are very expensive, especially for EVs and imports like Mercedes or BMW, etc. Taking care of any vehicle in the first 4 years is not generally a problem when parts and repairs are free.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”