Electric Vehicles

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
captkirkcanada
Lord of the Board

Re: Electric Vehicles

Post by captkirkcanada »

LovemyBolt wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 3:20 pm
Kroynon wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 11:54 am

That's funny [icon_lol2.gif]
Depending on how you are interpreting funny...it was meant as a sarcastic comment at the JDPower stuff talking about all the problems with EV's and my own experience. Very little. No one can say their cars are totally problem free. And with that not everyone has the same level of tolerance of what a problem might be that would need attention. I was running out of the bumper to bumper warranty and wondered what I could make use of. Oh I know, the windows make a barely perceptible bump going up. Get that fixed.
The battery was a proactive recall. I didn't specifically have a problem with it.
Lol just ask jay leno what first cars that ran on gas were like . It took along time to go from even a junk model t to something that was safe and reliable . . Its absurd to compare decades of engineering on a single mode of propulsion to not even ten years of development . Forgeting about cars for minute , ev bikes are everywhere and being sold at all price points from budget to over 10 grand , then ev scooters , short haul like open pit mines installing trolly lines to run ev dump trucks . The shipping containor port trucks are mostly ev trucks now .
Hey how are ya ?
hozzle
Übergod

Post by hozzle »

LovemyBolt wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 9:09 pm Texas is independent. They don't buy, they don't sell. It's not a national grid. That's what no market solution means. Tough noogies.
And it's a heat wave. So companies are trying to help. The demand is everything needing power, not just EV's.
Interesting that the lack of acknowledgment by some to the fact that this occurrence is happening regardless of current structure and regions may lead to self aggrandizing by some.
When it feels like I'm rubbing your back, I'm actually painting a target.
LovemyBolt
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by LovemyBolt »

hozzle wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 11:10 pm Interesting that the lack of acknowledgment by some to the fact that this occurrence is happening regardless of current structure and regions may lead to self aggrandizing by some.
You're mentioning this is an EV thread. It's not just an EV issue. Hot spells everybody wants cooling. Cold spells everybody wants heating. These extremes happen. Have happened. I won't get into frequency here, that's for that other thread.
And then I pointed out wording that was erroneous from that article.
I have also read articles where EV's have an advantage in the case of power outages. Gas pumps need power. Nobody makes gas at home. Power can be made at home. Also newer EV's can output enough power to keep necessities on and for quite a while.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jul 17th, 2022, 10:43 pm The shipping containor port trucks are mostly ev trucks now .
A kink to proof would be nice.

Makes me wonder as Vanouvers truck drivers are up in arms about a mandate requiring newer trucks to access the container ports.
Hafa adai
captkirkcanada
Lord of the Board

Post by captkirkcanada »

Hey how are ya ?
captkirkcanada
Lord of the Board

Post by captkirkcanada »

chevy Blazer ev

Transport Evolved: The Chevrolet Blazer EV Could Set The EV World Alight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQwbpYFDEmk
Hey how are ya ?
LovemyBolt
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by LovemyBolt »

captkirkcanada
Lord of the Board

Post by captkirkcanada »

LovemyBolt wrote: Jul 21st, 2022, 10:13 pm Found this out and about:

BloombergNEF-Zero-Emission-Vehicles-Progress-Dashboard-May-2022.pdf
Any progress is better than none for sure :130:
Hey how are ya ?
captkirkcanada
Lord of the Board

Post by captkirkcanada »

I will put this here , i am not a chemist so i have no idea if this claim is true but if it is , ice engines dont have to go away .

https://newatlas.com/energy/eat-si-hydr ... ng-powder/
Hey how are ya ?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jul 22nd, 2022, 6:55 pm I will put this here , i am not a chemist so i have no idea if this claim is true but if it is , ice engines dont have to go away .

https://newatlas.com/energy/eat-si-hydr ... ng-powder/
It is a way of transporting hydrogen without compressing or liquifying it. Long time ago before high pressure hydrogen was considered for vehicles, a transport chemical was considered. So, it is not a first, yet probably not the last either.

Si + 2H2O -> SiO2 + 2H2
By denying scientific principles , one may maintain any paradox
captkirkcanada
Lord of the Board

Post by captkirkcanada »

Hey how are ya ?
captkirkcanada
Lord of the Board

Post by captkirkcanada »

Ford ev purpose built police truck .

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedi ... o-ssv.html
Hey how are ya ?
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

EV manufactures will receive up to $9,000 from the taxpayers of BC & Canada, meanwhile purchaser gets up to $9,000 rebates on their EV.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/378356 ... EV-rebates
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
seewood
Lord of the Board

Post by seewood »

GordonH wrote: Aug 2nd, 2022, 3:27 pm EV manufactures will receive up to $9,000 from the taxpayers of BC & Canada, meanwhile purchaser gets up to $9,000 rebates on their EV.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/378356 ... EV-rebates
That's criminal. I'd rather my provincial tax dollars go towards the provincial government build low cost/barrier housing. We need that in BC more than subsidizing the wealthy in an expensive EV purchase.
And my federal tax dollars go towards the Canadian military that needs new kit and way more support for vets. Subsidizing car purchases??? :cuss: :cuss: sphincters.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Kroynon
Übergod

Post by Kroynon »

GM offers $6000 to Bolt owners if they promise not to sue them when their car catches fire and kills someone.
Good save...

https://jalopnik.com/chevy-offers-bolt- ... 1849357351

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”