Electric Vehicles

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby nepal » Feb 21st, 2021, 12:44 am

.
How are EV’s doing in Texas during the cold snap, with no grid to recharge from?
.
They’re being marketed partly because they’ll be cheaper to build than ICEs, thus higher profit margins on vehicle sales. Only 28% of oil goes into cars as gas, the rest into other products. Hybrids are the best of both.
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nepal on Feb 21st, 2021, 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
nepal
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 920
Likes: 25 posts
Liked in: 369 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2009, 7:04 pm

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby ckil » Feb 21st, 2021, 7:52 am

indianlarry66 wrote:google maps can now direct ev owners to charging stations .

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/googl ... g-stations


You do realize Google Maps does that for any destination, not just charging stations?

cyruslosco66 likes this post.
ckil
Übergod
 
Posts: 1811
Likes: 756 posts
Liked in: 629 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 6:42 am

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby ckil » Feb 21st, 2021, 7:57 am

indianlarry66 wrote:south korea is going to lease the batteries of ev instead of sell them included. that means around 10 000 of the price of the car can be subtracted from final cost .

https://electrek.co/2021/02/19/south-ko ... s-by-2025/


Batteries are lost liters in EV manufacturing. $10,000 off the price of manufacturing is off-loaded to the consumer because there is no margin in batteries. I fail to see how this will increase sales. If anything, it will stint it because it will add another layer to the supply chain that will up the price of batteries in order for the lease company to make a profit.
ckil
Übergod
 
Posts: 1811
Likes: 756 posts
Liked in: 629 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 6:42 am

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby ckil » Feb 21st, 2021, 7:58 am

indianlarry66 wrote:
ckil wrote:Porsche Synthetic Fuel Said To Be As Clean As EVs, Trials Start In 2022




https://www.motor1.com/news/489509/pors ... roduction/

the nazis made synthetic oil and maybe fuel in 1930 so its not a new thing . the problem is the after burned chemicals and stuff .


Learn to read. It the opposite of what you are saying.
ckil
Übergod
 
Posts: 1811
Likes: 756 posts
Liked in: 629 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 6:42 am

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby cyruslosco66 » Feb 21st, 2021, 8:17 am

lol i can read , i just dont believe oil companies after being caught admiting they know their product is bad for people and the earth. if i need to learn to read then you need to learn to wake up :130: .

anyhoo i wouldnt be complaining about someones reading skills if i couldnt read what the title of this thread says and it doesnt say try and defend nonsense ideas from oil n gas does it ?
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
User avatar
cyruslosco66
Banned
 
Posts: 3343
Likes: 1822 posts
Liked in: 625 posts
Joined: Aug 21st, 2020, 4:01 pm

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby ckil » Feb 21st, 2021, 8:49 am

indianlarry66 wrote:
anyhoo i wouldnt be complaining about someones reading skills if i couldnt read what the title of this thread says and it doesnt say try and defend nonsense ideas from oil n gas does it ?


and it doesn't say defend nonsense ideas from tree huggers either, does it?
ckil
Übergod
 
Posts: 1811
Likes: 756 posts
Liked in: 629 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 6:42 am

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby nepal » Feb 21st, 2021, 8:56 am

.
What will happen to my house electric bill when EVs put a higher demand on the grid!
.
Careful of what we ask for.
.
Electricity suppliers will grow to love EVs!
.
A vehicle uses x joules of energy to move, no matter where the energy is sourced. The energy can be sourced at the point of use as with a gas or hybrid car, or power can be generated far away where we can’t see the environmental damage, then transport the electricity over massive ugly power lines that lose 25%+ electricity due to Line Drop https://c03.apogee.net/mvc/home/hes/land/el?utilityname=citizenselectric&spc=foe&id=4578
.
A better way to save the planet, is to drive lighter/small vehicles, and drive less.
.
Car makers are now pushing pure-EVs simply because they’re now cheaper to make than ICEs.= more profit. Hybrids are the best of both elec/gas combined into one, but a bit more cost to make, and they won’t leave you stranded as easily.
.
I’m waiting to buy an electric car that has its own tiny nuclear reactor (like satellites have). It’ll go for ever on a pea-size piece of uranium :biggrin:
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nepal
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 920
Likes: 25 posts
Liked in: 369 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2009, 7:04 pm

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby nepal » Feb 22nd, 2021, 7:46 am

.
This can’t be true! Pure EVs can be vulnerable.

At least a plug-in hybrid gives 2 energy options: Gas and/or electric.
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nepal on Feb 22nd, 2021, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nepal
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 920
Likes: 25 posts
Liked in: 369 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2009, 7:04 pm

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby cyruslosco66 » Feb 22nd, 2021, 9:32 am

nepal wrote:.
What will happen to my house electric bill when EVs put a higher demand on the grid!
.
Careful of what we ask for.
.
Electricity suppliers will grow to love EVs!
.
A vehicle uses x joules of energy to move, no matter where the energy is sourced. The energy can be sourced at the point of use as with a gas or hybrid car, or power can be generated far away where we can’t see the environmental damage, then transport the electricity over massive ugly power lines that lose 25%+ electricity due to Line Drop https://c03.apogee.net/mvc/home/hes/land/el?utilityname=citizenselectric&spc=foe&id=4578
.
A better way to save the planet, is to drive lighter/small vehicles, and drive less.
.
Car makers are now pushing pure-EVs simply because they’re now cheaper to make than ICEs.= more profit. Hybrids are the best of both elec/gas combined into one, but a bit more cost to make, and they won’t leave you stranded as easily.
.
I’m waiting to buy an electric car that has its own tiny nuclear reactor (like satellites have). It’ll go for ever on a pea-size piece of uranium :biggrin:
.


are you suggesting gas is free and doesnt hurt our earth ? :smt045
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
User avatar
cyruslosco66
Banned
 
Posts: 3343
Likes: 1822 posts
Liked in: 625 posts
Joined: Aug 21st, 2020, 4:01 pm

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby cyruslosco66 » Feb 22nd, 2021, 9:34 am

what does price gouging natural gas suppliers have to do with ev ? if a person buys a solar panels they can charge the car for free after the panel pays for itself . easy peasy .
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
User avatar
cyruslosco66
Banned
 
Posts: 3343
Likes: 1822 posts
Liked in: 625 posts
Joined: Aug 21st, 2020, 4:01 pm

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby ckil » Feb 22nd, 2021, 12:04 pm

indianlarry66 wrote:lol i can read , i just dont believe oil companies after being caught admiting they know their product is bad for people and the earth.


But lithium mining is ok? Hypocrite!
ckil
Übergod
 
Posts: 1811
Likes: 756 posts
Liked in: 629 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 6:42 am

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby OKkayak » Feb 22nd, 2021, 1:54 pm

indianlarry66 wrote:what does price gouging natural gas suppliers have to do with ev ? if a person buys a solar panels they can charge the car for free after the panel pays for itself . easy peasy .

It would take you 10 years to break even with the costs. "Easy peasy" [icon_lol2.gif]

Further to that, a base Toyota Corolla will cost you half of what the cheapest EV costs you after rebates (if you get them). Average fill up on a Corolla is around $60, average Canadian drives around 20000kms a year which is about $1500 in fuel so it'll take you another 10 years plus in fuel costs that you'll need to "save" to cover the difference in price. So with fuel "savings" and a solar panel for "free" charging, you'd better be keeping your EV for 20 years plus if you want to be making a difference to your bank account. A Corolla will easily last 20 years with basic maintenance, an EV lasting 20 years? Good luck [icon_lol2.gif]

Plus, the Corolla still comes in a manual transmission :up:
"Conspiracy Theories are a way for idiots to feel like intellectuals."

- David Baddiel

2 people like this post.
User avatar
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10868
Likes: 12171 posts
Liked in: 18810 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm
Location: Sabbatical

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby nepal » Feb 22nd, 2021, 8:10 pm

.
Rather than the expensive EV fad, also reduce environment damage by:

= Encouraging driving less by implementing European level fuel taxes (discourages the needless driving I do)

= Partly tax non-farm/commercial vehicles by weight (I’ll buy a small car rather the big truck I don’t use as a truck)

= Reduce vehicle sales tax as cars age (I’ll make my old car last longer, rather mining the earth for a new vehicle)
.

2 people like this post.
nepal
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 920
Likes: 25 posts
Liked in: 369 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2009, 7:04 pm

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby OKkayak » Feb 22nd, 2021, 8:35 pm

nepal wrote:.
Rather than the expensive EV fad, also reduce environment damage by:

= Encouraging driving less by implementing European level fuel taxes (discourages the needless driving I do)

= Partly tax non-farm/commercial vehicles by weight (I’ll buy a small car rather the big truck I don’t use as a truck)

= Reduce vehicle sales tax as cars age (I’ll make my old car last longer, rather mining the earth for a new vehicle)
.

Kinda like how its done in the rest of the world. We've built a nation that is dependent on personal vehicles, proving to be unsustainable, time to catch up.

You'll be seeing a lot what you mentioned coming up in the next decades, fewer roads and more transit.
"Conspiracy Theories are a way for idiots to feel like intellectuals."

- David Baddiel
User avatar
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10868
Likes: 12171 posts
Liked in: 18810 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm
Location: Sabbatical

Re: Electric Vehicles

Postby cyruslosco66 » Feb 24th, 2021, 9:57 pm

china takes on tesla with a cheaper ev car.


https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56178802
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
User avatar
cyruslosco66
Banned
 
Posts: 3343
Likes: 1822 posts
Liked in: 625 posts
Joined: Aug 21st, 2020, 4:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Computers, Science, Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests