NOMA A/C.

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

NOMA A/C.

Post by Catsumi »

Does anyone out there understand these symbols on remote control for a Noma a/c .? I understand the fan symbol but bottom two have me stymied

Looked up everything available thru google. Lots of wordy explanations of functions that do not match symbols on my remote control. To get a manual is like digging for gold as downloads are pay per view. I want to strangle those nerds.

TIA
75700980-1AB1-4010-99F7-C9B6264D1E9E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: NOMA A/C.

Post by OKkayak »

Sorry, I've looked as well but couldn't find anything concrete. The bottom right one is the sleep mode, and sleep modes usually increase the temperature a little bit over time during the night.

There is some info for a different NOMA AC remote here, might help a little bit:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/content/dam ... _EN_FR.pdf
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I found this and maybe it will help or point you in a direction.
https://lobpro.com/all-air-conditioners ... aning.html
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Yes, thanks, OK.

This had more specific info than what I was able to find.

I Will start over in the morning after unit has had a rest. So far it’s been running, more through good luck than good management.
:130:

Now understand hieroglyphics a bit better. Honestly don’t understand why manufacturers can’t choose one universal symbolic language and be done with it
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Bottom left button is the control for changing fan operation - speed, oscillating, etc. Bottom right button is night mode ... fan will run silently during the night.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Ok, so if I understand correctly, i must use button on ac itself to turn it ON and OFF as it isn’t on the remote pad?

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Catsumi wrote: Jun 29th, 2021, 8:30 pm Ok, so if I understand correctly, i must use button on ac itself to turn it ON and OFF as it isn’t on the remote pad?
Orange one is off/on
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

As Gordon said, the orange one is the on/off switch.

As for the bottom left, maybe its a "back on topic" button?

:runforlife: :biggrin:
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

These are the functions for each picture on your remote.
Noma.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

oneh2obabe wrote: Jun 29th, 2021, 8:44 pm These are the functions for each picture on your remote.

Noma.jpg
That looks like a Rosetta Stone to me ... :biggrin:
Posters who once get on my ignore list do not get off it easily. They would have to demonstrably improve their behavior.
Current # of posters on the list: 5
Newest Addition: _______________
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Yes,Rosetta Stone for sure. Reminds one of bs baffling brains.

Thanks to all who offered assistance on this. Much more helpful than google was. :130:

Unknown

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”