E-bike

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

E-bike

Post by GordonH »

It’s a little pricey, I do like the look plus technology with anti-theft items.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reev ... s-e-bike#/
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: E-bike

Post by OKkayak »

Not that I'm bashing the bike, but seriously? $8K for a bike. Geezus.

I'm gonna start using Adam Sandler's line in "Just Go With It" - $8000 dollars for a bike? Is it made out of Panda?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

OKkayak wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 12:41 am Not that I'm bashing the bike, but seriously? $8K for a bike. Geezus.

I'm gonna start using Adam Sandler's line in "Just Go With It" - $8000 dollars for a bike? Is it made out of Panda?
I definitely agree, no way would I actually go out and purchase one. I was commenting on the look i.e hubless plus anti- theft features.
I’m sure I will see one in Kelowna one of these days, just like former newest toy tesla
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

There are many of them on the market for less than $2k. Not sure how they compare.
Posters who once get on my ignore list do not get off it easily. They would have to demonstrably improve their behavior.
Current # of posters on the list: 5
Newest Addition: _______________
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I’m reading this right, this price seems too good to be true.
https://www.dalugebuy.com/product/2021- ... ss-e-bike/
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

GordonH wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 3:22 pm I’m reading this right, this price seems too good to be true.
How do you pay them? In gift cards? :biggrin:
Posters who once get on my ignore list do not get off it easily. They would have to demonstrably improve their behavior.
Current # of posters on the list: 5
Newest Addition: _______________
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

BC Landlord wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 7:21 pm
GordonH wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 3:22 pm I’m reading this right, this price seems too good to be true.
How do you pay them? In gift cards? :biggrin:
$79.95 on visa, mastercard or amex (oh yes, also paypal)

This has to be a typo
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

OKkayak wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 12:41 am Not that I'm bashing the bike, but seriously? $8K for a bike. Geezus.

Been mountain biking for many years. Nothing to spend 8K on a full suspension, carbon frame mountain bike. Won’t even tell you what I’ve spent over the years [icon_lol2.gif]
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

vegas1500 wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 9:23 pm
Been mountain biking for many years. Nothing to spend 8K on a full suspension, carbon frame mountain bike. Won’t even tell you what I’ve spent over the years [icon_lol2.gif]
LOL, I don't wanna know [icon_lol2.gif]

Mine was $1K, hardtail - even that price made me cringe. Mind you, when I was a kid, I had a $500 Norco, so thinking back, $1K isn't that bad some 30 years later.
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

We've been thinking about getting a couple of these: https://ridecarbo.com/collections/all-bikes for the RV. They seem pretty amazing... carbon fibre, folding so can be stored in a smaller space, and approx 30 lbs. They are pricy at between $2500 to $3000 per copy, but I think they'd hold their value.

I understand they are illegal on BC streets if they have a throttle? They must be set up so that strain on the peddle causes the electric motor to engage? A guy in Victoria was fined a year or so ago, when the officer spotted him cruising merrily along without peddling.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

We have a pair of Alter Ego bikes from a company in Abbotsford.
They are folding and only weight about 40lbs each. We can easily fit them into the back of our SUV.
I think we paid about $1800 each. When they are on sale, you can do even better.
We got ours 2 years ago and love them.

https://alteregobikes.com/?gclid=CjwKCA ... TQQAvD_BwE
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
spooker
Guru

Post by spooker »

One of the things really nice about bikes is that most of the tech has been around for decades and is easily maintainable by most people with any fine motor control ... sure, in the city commuting you'll have easy access to a mechanic (except during a pandemic when they're booked solid 3 weeks out) ... but to get bleeding technology edge bikes just seems like buying a Lambo and having to pay $20k for an oil change that you should be able to do yourself ... not sure what kind of market they're trying to go after but it's not someone who rides a lot...
--
“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.”
― Ernest Hemingway
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

spooker wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 8:20 pm One of the things really nice about bikes is that most of the tech has been around for decades and is easily maintainable by most people with any fine motor control ... sure, in the city commuting you'll have easy access to a mechanic (except during a pandemic when they're booked solid 3 weeks out) ... but to get bleeding technology edge bikes just seems like buying a Lambo and having to pay $20k for an oil change that you should be able to do yourself ... not sure what kind of market they're trying to go after but it's not someone who rides a lot...
Ebikes are gaining huge popularity (not particularly this one). Lots of people use for commuting or getting back into riding they couldn’t do because of an injury or just to be able to ride further. I know many avid mountain bikers who ride E mountain bikes so they can cover more trail in less time. But yes, they can cost more to maintain.
spooker
Guru

Post by spooker »

vegas1500 wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 9:49 pm
spooker wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 8:20 pm One of the things really nice about bikes is that most of the tech has been around for decades and is easily maintainable by most people with any fine motor control ... sure, in the city commuting you'll have easy access to a mechanic (except during a pandemic when they're booked solid 3 weeks out) ... but to get bleeding technology edge bikes just seems like buying a Lambo and having to pay $20k for an oil change that you should be able to do yourself ... not sure what kind of market they're trying to go after but it's not someone who rides a lot...
Ebikes are gaining huge popularity (not particularly this one). Lots of people use for commuting or getting back into riding they couldn’t do because of an injury or just to be able to ride further. I know many avid mountain bikers who ride E mountain bikes so they can cover more trail in less time. But yes, they can cost more to maintain.
E-bikes in general are a good addition to the fold, didn't mean to come across as disparaging them at all ... just in this case it's too far with hubless wheels etc ...
--
“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Gotta say it looks cool. Turn signals too and other cool features like GPS and finger print reader. Bikes always get stolen. $8000 would be inline with something like this. Mind you, upper-end e-Bikes at $4000 still sound high to me for what they are. There's no advantage to hub-less wheels. Hub-less wheels tend to be heavier and require expensive engineering to work well. Reevo comes in at 55lbs. I see it is crowd-funded. If you pre-order now you get 34% off!!

It'll catch a lot of eyes, but so would this:
hubless.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Galileo - In the sciences, the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much as one tiny spark of reason from an individual man.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”