Samsung to Delete their Cloud-stored images

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Samsung to Delete their Cloud-stored images

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

This all a little over my head, so I'm asking for some assistance.

Samsung released a statement saying, “Beginning on September 30, 2021, Gallery Sync and Drive storage for My Files will no longer be supported by Samsung Cloud and your data will be deleted.

So, does that mean any pictures I have on my Samsung phone and Samsung tablet will be deleted?

Any suggestions as to what to do with these pictures? Can I use another APP to store them on?

Btw, my wife is getting these notifications on her phone and tablet, but I'm not getting them on my tablet.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Samsung to Delete their Cloud-stored images

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Nov 12th, 2021, 2:16 pm This all a little over my head, so I'm asking for some assistance.

Samsung released a statement saying, “Beginning on September 30, 2021, Gallery Sync and Drive storage for My Files will no longer be supported by Samsung Cloud and your data will be deleted.

So, does that mean any pictures I have on my Samsung phone and Samsung tablet will be deleted?

Any suggestions as to what to do with these pictures? Can I use another APP to store them on?

Btw, my wife is getting these notifications on her phone and tablet, but I'm not getting them on my tablet.
Anything you have stored on your devices will not be effected.

Anything you have in the Samsung cloud will be effected.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

GordonH wrote: Nov 12th, 2021, 3:01 pm
bb49 wrote: Nov 12th, 2021, 2:16 pm This all a little over my head, so I'm asking for some assistance.

So the little APP that says Gallery will stay and all the pictures are safe?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Nov 12th, 2021, 3:05 pm

The Cloud isn’t in your device, it’s essentially a back up of stored items. Of course you have to have turned it on, many services like this usually charge yearly fee.

If you need to get reinsurance on this go see your cell service provider.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

bb49 wrote: Nov 12th, 2021, 3:05 pm

Actually you have Gallery and Photos both of which reside on your phone. I have no need for Samsung Cloud thus never used it, but for those who did they would need to find an alternate backup plan for their pictures.

Samsung Cloud was simply a backup for pictures on your phone, so in case you lost or permanently damaged your phone the items could be retrieved there.

Anything you have on your phone will remain on your phone. You should however have a method of backing up any pictures that are near and dear to you, in the event that something does happen to your phone.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

GordonH wrote: Nov 12th, 2021, 3:01 pm Anything you have stored on your devices will not be effected.

* be affected.

Affected vs effected.
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”