Ice Cars And Their Problems.

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Ice Cars And Their Problems.

Post by GordonH »

captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 5:59 pm I see

Top 10 automotive recalls in history
2013 Takata airbags – faulty airbags (42 million recalls worldwide)
1980 Ford – faulty park mode (21 million cars recalled)
1999 Ford – cruise control fault (14.9 million cars recalled)
2000 Toyota – pedal error led to rapid acceleration (9 million recalls) by my count thats over 70 million units recalled just for these few models for a few years lol
EV’s haven’t sold anywhere near enough vehicles to really compare, recall numbers.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 4:06 pm Ice cars far out pace ev car fires. Its not even comparable .same as recalls
And your point is?
With hundreds of millions more ice cars on the road and will be for quite some time, the number of issues with ice cars will of course be more than ev's.
I've responded to many car and truck fires and fire departments around the world will continue to do so, either ice or ev. Houses burn too.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

GordonH wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 8:03 pm
captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 5:59 pm I see

Top 10 automotive recalls in history
2013 Takata airbags – faulty airbags (42 million recalls worldwide)
1980 Ford – faulty park mode (21 million cars recalled)
1999 Ford – cruise control fault (14.9 million cars recalled)
2000 Toyota – pedal error led to rapid acceleration (9 million recalls) by my count thats over 70 million units recalled just for these few models for a few years lol
EV’s haven’t sold anywhere near enough vehicles to really compare, recall numbers.
never heard of averages ? :smt045
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 2nd, 2022, 6:57 am
GordonH wrote: Aug 1st, 2022, 8:03 pm

never heard of averages ? :smt045
That’s just a way to BS the overall numbers.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Sure. Top Recalls "as a percentage" would include the Chevy Bolt. Since 100% were recalled, and it cost billions to replace the batteries. I wonder if there are any EVs that haven't been recalled.

Not to mention, EVs see the repair shop more often on average according various reports. I do not want to be mandated in to owning a less reliable vehicle. (not that it'll happen anyways in my lifetime)

https://www.axios.com/pro/climate-deals ... ional-cars
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Jlabute wrote: Aug 2nd, 2022, 7:58 am Sure. Top Recalls "as a percentage" would include the Chevy Bolt. Since 100% were recalled, and it cost billions to replace the batteries. I wonder if there are any EVs that haven't been recalled.

Not to mention, EVs see the repair shop more often on average according various reports. I do not want to be mandated in to owning a less reliable vehicle. (not that it'll happen anyways in my lifetime)

Lol axios ? Plus posting stuff with no context is as honest as 3 dollar bills are .
These figures, of course, are for "initial quality." The core argument about EVs' long-term quality and reliability may still stand.
this is the context that was left out .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 2nd, 2022, 9:02 am
Jlabute wrote: Aug 2nd, 2022, 7:58 am Sure. Top Recalls "as a percentage" would include the Chevy Bolt. Since 100% were recalled, and it cost billions to replace the batteries. I wonder if there are any EVs that haven't been recalled.

Lol axios ?
You know how to search. Why not look for your own dozens of sites that repeat the same message.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... blem-areas
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Jlabute wrote: Aug 2nd, 2022, 9:05 am
captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 2nd, 2022, 9:02 am

Lol axios ?
You know how to search. Why not look for your own dozens of sites that repeat the same message.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... blem-areas
Lol its fine , we all been there before . You gave it a good shot :130:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I am keeping my ICE vehicle until there are more hydrogen stations, in meanwhile if a better choice comes along I will check it out.
Not interested at all with stand alone EV’s, never will be.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

GordonH wrote: Aug 2nd, 2022, 10:37 am I am keeping my ICE vehicle until there are more hydrogen stations, in meanwhile if a better choice comes along I will check it out.
Not interested at all with stand alone EV’s, never will be.
No one is going to force you to do anything , the market will decide for all of us .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Harm Reduction Is Cool
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 6th, 2022, 11:45 am Doesnt look like a ev case closed
Case closed about what?

Take a look in Penticton's Burnco cement yard, there lies a burned out concrete truck. So what, cars burn. There are an estimated 3.5 million ICE cars in BC, 87,000 ev's. I'd be thinking pretty much every day an ice car burns up in BC somewhere.
I've attended plenty over a 20 year period in a POC fire dept.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 7th, 2022, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 6th, 2022, 11:45 am https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ire#379045

Doesnt look like a ev [icon_lol2.gif] case closed
Really?
https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... Summerland
Case opened. Nothing to do with ICE vehicle.
More likely a crime and a murder to solve.
:topic:
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 7th, 2022, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Harm Reduction Is Cool

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”