Technology things you find annoying!

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Technology things you find annoying!

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Bsuds wrote: Dec 12th, 2022, 3:01 pm
Urban Cowboy wrote: Dec 12th, 2022, 2:04 pm
I've seen this lifetime offer in a few places the last couple of weeks.

https://www.pcmag.com/deals/grab-a-life ... 021-for-30
I actually have access to MS 365 through a non profit I am on the board of so don't really want to pay for something I already have. I will have to look at it and see if I can join the 2 accounts into one so the ads go away.

I am quite happy with Libreoffice and have been using it for many years so most of my files are with that.

I started using Outlook when Windows 10 insisted on an MS account to install it but the ad is starting to bug me.

I know, first World problems. :D
I hear you.

I use LibreOffice myself, for many years now, and quite happy with it.

For email I use a custom Gmail based IMAP setup which monitors all my email accounts, and I then added just my Gmail to the Windows Mail built into Win 10 Pro.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

My technology gripe is when you are reading comments about a book, a movie or news article; when you almost get to the end there is a “see more” button. Often there is only one more word to go.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Catsumi wrote: Dec 12th, 2022, 5:01 pm My technology gripe is when you are reading comments about a book, a movie or news article; when you almost get to the end there is a “see more” button. Often there is only one more word to go.
But it's a big word! :biggrin:

Kind of like stay tuned for scenes from next weeks show.

Well I might have fixed my beef with the ads. I got myself assigned an MS365 account from the Non Profit that I'm on the Board of Directors.

Looks like that might have made them go away. :up:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Sites/content protected by a login or a paywall.

"Want to read more? - sign up".
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

TylerM4 wrote: Dec 15th, 2022, 8:47 am Sites/content protected by a login or a paywall.

"Want to read more? - sign up".
Although, that is their right. Is the people who ask you to go to those sites that are more annoying? lol.

I find technology annoying when you have $80 in parts, wrapped up in a beautiful enclosure and therefore sells for $1000. Of course, this is also a helpful thing to me.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Windows :cuss: updates.

Why can't I stay with the version I have for a while? What if I don't want to update? I'm not quite a Luddite, but it does take time for me to get used to stuff.

And it's a crapshoot. Will it/won't it work . . .

When win11 came out, I had JUST gotten used to win10, so I have declined to update. One of my coworkers immediately updated. And then a group email came advising that the win11 did not support our industry-specific software; it no longer worked. She had to go back to the way it was, to get things to work. She was not able to do any work for 2 or 3 days.

The latest update messed with my daughter's computer, she's a gamer. WoW, mostly. It took about 4 days to get this issue sorted out.

I'm lucky my husband has some computer knowledge and a buddy who works in the industry that he can go to for help when he's stumped.
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”