Tie breaker

mattinkelowna
Fledgling

Tie breaker

Post by mattinkelowna »

Peachland Mayor lost by 1 vote. Just out of curiosity, what would happen if 2 Mayoral candidates had an equal amount of votes?
Last edited by mattinkelowna on Oct 22nd, 2018, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Equal votes?

Post by Bsuds »

Dueling pistols at 20 paces... :D
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Show A little Class Already Peachlander

Post by sixxonesixx »

Come on Cindy.... show a little class. You lost. We don't hate you for it but for the sake of the town, keep the name slinging down. You got headlines in Castanet for complaining... okay now? Tomorrow is Monday. Hoping the weather is good : )
just sayin....
yaktak
Fledgling

Re: Show A little Class Already Peachlander

Post by yaktak »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 22nd, 2018, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Post by sixxonesixx »

Seems more Peachlanders can't handle Cindy's loss either. Thanks to the quick, astute actions of moderators, I get spared of more whining and complaining of some who still live in the stone ages. Being a mayor is about business instead of a popularity contest as our next mayor will display. Just for giggles - watch for direct impact of actions (5 story) by this council. There will much dismay especially over parking, tourists getting tickets, locals getting tickets and so on. I'm hoping the district will give half of their parking to the care facility next door so the old folks don't have to walk too far. Laughable... " 50% parking availibility" in Peachland. yes... if you average summer and winter. lol. That was an easy cover up to fool council. Buying the Duck property to only put more money there? Another one. Not keeping or buying Turner Park.... another one. Why not think about water treatment instead of wasting money elsewhere? You can argue any of these points but simple politics is simple politics just like the curling club... That was the funniest. Why don't we have referendums on major issues? Because council thinks they know better than a "majority" of "less than informed" Peachlanders. I'm elated we have a new mayor. More elated it is with someone who has a decent business background. And the topper - came out of nowhere even when his frugal election signs were knocked down. I hope this makes some boil because some of this town needs an enema.
Have a lovely day. I always do.
just sayin...
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Post by sixxonesixx »

It's not rude but simple conversation. Some seem to think everything is a battle. But your opinion is your opinion and I respect the fact you're not trying cause disruption in the towns fabric by slinging mud and feeling bitter that a better mayor won. Congrats and have a lovely day.
p.s. - when I finish by "just sayin" , it means I'm sitting back casually sipping on a Carolines hot chocolate enjoying life without any of this really affecting me personally. Just casual conversation when I have I minute. I'm always enjoying life. My only worries are my family and my health. Go out and spend time with your family and just be happy.
just sayin : )
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

It doesn't seem like an outlandish request. If I lost an election by a single vote, I'd be asking for a re-count as well. She has already started she will abide by the recount results.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Post by sixxonesixx »

A bunch of us just thought it a little humorous that our mayor was the only one complaining in ALL of British Columbia. It is pretty much standard to do a recount on these matters as in a couple other ridings. But I would like to see independent auditors up for the task. I'm pretty sure I know a couple or 3 that voted for Cindy that don't live here. But I'm sure those won't be found...
just sayin... :D
yaktak
Fledgling

Post by yaktak »

sixxonesixx wrote:Seems more Peachlanders can't handle Cindy's loss either. Thanks to the quick, astute actions of moderators, I get spared of more whining and complaining of some who still live in the stone ages. Being a mayor is about business instead of a popularity contest as our next mayor will display. Just for giggles - watch for direct impact of actions (5 story) by this council. There will much dismay especially over parking, tourists getting tickets, locals getting tickets and so on. I'm hoping the district will give half of their parking to the care facility next door so the old folks don't have to walk too far. Laughable... " 50% parking availibility" in Peachland. yes... if you average summer and winter. lol. That was an easy cover up to fool council. Buying the Duck property to only put more money there? Another one. Not keeping or buying Turner Park.... another one. Why not think about water treatment instead of wasting money elsewhere? You can argue any of these points but simple politics is simple politics just like the curling club... That was the funniest. Why don't we have referendums on major issues? Because council thinks they know better than a "majority" of "less than informed" Peachlanders. I'm elated we have a new mayor. More elated it is with someone who has a decent business background. And the topper - came out of nowhere even when his frugal election signs were knocked down. I hope this makes some boil because some of this town needs an enema.
Have a lovely day. I always do.
just sayin...

Wow
Is all I can say.
Maybe you need to reread your title of this thread.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 23rd, 2018, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This should be done by private message.
yaktak
Fledgling

Post by yaktak »

A news story comes to mind, I read here and on other sites awhile ago, from the comments here.

It stated a fellow claiming an excuse for his actions.

I am not rude, I am French.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Cyndi blames everyone else for her problems. She thinks it's fair to bully people around but gets upset when they stick up for themselves. I don't think anyone that whines and snivels like that belongs in any public office. She did tell the truth when she said she was stunned.
Black Dogs Matter
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Hold the presses:

A brief problem with a voting machine has resulted in a tie in the mayor's race in Peachland.

The municipality's chief election officer, in a news release verifying the results of Saturday's election, says the official results show a dead heat between incumbent Cindy Fortin and challenger Harry Gough.

Both now officially have 804 votes. On election night, Gough held a one-vote lead, 804 to 803.

In the release, Polly Palmer said a voting machine mis-fed a ballot, causing it to jam.

She said before the presiding official was able to re-insert the ballot, it landed in the sealed ballot box.

Palmer said a verification process was held Monday in the presence of the two top mayoral candidates or their representatives.

"The verification and ballot accounting process has concluded that there is a tie for the position of mayor," said Palmer in the release.

She says an application will be made for a judicial recount of the mayor's ballot. The recount must be conducted within 13 days after the election.

"If a tie is confirmed, the winner must be determined by the drawing of lot, pursuant to the District’s Election Procedures Bylaw No. 1536, which is conducted by the Provincial Courts."

All other results remained unchanged.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#239931
mattinkelowna
Fledgling

Re: Equal votes?

Post by mattinkelowna »

Got the answer [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

Peachland's mayor will be decided by drawing Gough's name or Fortin's name out of a hat.

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/news/ ... 4f5bc.html
jetty1965
Board Meister

Re: Tie breaker

Post by jetty1965 »

Split the town in half.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Tie breaker

Post by WalterWhite »

jetty1965 wrote:Split the town in half.

Lol - there’d be better value in splitting the candidates in half...

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”