PPC party platform

oldtrucker
Guru

Re: PPC party platform

Post by oldtrucker »

The candidate for West Kootenay/ South Okanagan is bleep... I know who it is, and you will know who by tonight or probably sometime tomorrow.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

#BernierNation Grows while Rocking the establishment !!

New candidate talks. 6:40 is a good start time.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

I'm not sure if they will take up the offer, but since they can't have a billboard with ' the billboard company', I've offered to drive a semi pulling a 53 foot trailer, with whatever message on the side of the trailer across Canada for them. Then they are not at the mercy of any advertising company- and if someone doesn't like the way my trailer looks...well,...they can lick my tractor. We will see if they take me up on it. Maybe not enough time to put it together.
edit-spelling
2nd edit... Yes, I am sick enough to suggest such a thing, and sick enough to do it.
Last edited by oldtrucker on Sep 1st, 2019, 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

^^^hahahahaha;

Did you also let them know they will be the ones required to get you a dressed up Kenworth or Peterbilt ?
A new trailer ? Fuel cards? Expense account ? And a few bales of fine herb ?
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

dirtybiker wrote:^^^hahahahaha;

Did you also let them know they will be the ones required to get you a dressed up Kenworth or Peterbilt ?

The load is sailboat fuel, so it won't take much fuel. I'm sure cash would work for the month it will take.
I was thinking it would be fitting to start the trip parked right under the billboard that was censored in the first place. In less than 20 minutes, cbc, ctv, etc would be there.
My grandfather volunteered for 2 world wars so I, and you didn't have to deal with censorship of opinion. This is the least I can do.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

As I said before, I can't agree on a few things in their policies like the environment, pipelines and climate change.
I really like how they would work to preserve Canadian identity.

Agree or not, this is probably the best example of a grassroots party getting going this fast- ever.
Because it's grassroots and the party is still young, perhaps the membership could be swayed to adopt a more responsible view on environmental issues. If they don't, it will be their undoing.

Free speech. Freedom of opinion. It's election time, and now is when everyone needs to speak up to have their opinions heard- not silenced because some people or a demographic group is offended by a billboard advertisement on a election issue. If a political party can no longer advertise their opinions and policies...oooo, are we in trouble.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

A vote for the PPC is a vote for Trudeau.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Merry wrote:A vote for the PPC is a vote for Trudeau.

Likely to beat Scheer. The only way i vote Scheer is if it close. If it is a washout like last year i vote PPC. Scheer looks like a waiter at a rib joint. Wearing his Grandpas suit. Guy is about 35 years old. Never had a job. How is this better than the clown show we currently have. Honestly replacing one childish loon with another makes little sense.

Besides the Energy corridor. I have yet to hear anything from Andrew Scheer that i did not hear from Trudeau or Jagmeet. Seems Scheer is just going by poll results. Has no real ideas.

Contrast that against a Bernier. Wants to eliminate supply managment. Eliminate transfer paynents to Quebec. Wants to clamp down on refugees and mass immigration. Wants to support the troops. Strengthen the border. Will use the powers of the PMO to get pipelines built. Will let provinces set more policies. He is by far the most free rights leader running. Supports the gun lobby. Is pro AR15. There is nothing here to not vote for
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Merry wrote:A vote for the PPC is a vote for Trudeau.

I can see PPC and Cons MP's teaming up on certain issues in the future.

I personally can't identify with Sheer - he is a hardcore catholic and his party has a lot of dusty, boring old white man policies and beliefs.

NDP is like a zombie cult sometimes. Any past experiences with them,...I found them to be rude with a entitled, elitist attitude.Hey, maybe Jagmeet will be able to reinject life back into them.

Greens...Great at environmental issues. Go Liz!

1791 wrote:There is nothing here to not vote for

Lots.
Really regressive environmental policies.
They want the provinces to be more independent. Provinces can't organise a rock fight in a gravel pit. Provinces should not be in charge of certain really important things...like healthcare, citizens welfare in general.
Not sure where PPC is on abortion.

Max is a excellent leader-it shows in his ability to put the PPC together in almost no time.
In tough times, history has shown people will gravitate to a leader who is strong and a little wrong as opposed to a leader that is slight, and right.
It doesn't matter what our opinions of anything are if or when we no longer have free speech -which the PPC promotes,...it is the foundation of democracy.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

His libertarian positions suggest he would do nothing to curtail abortion.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I think Bernier would work with the Cons on some things, as a needed partner at times it would force the Cons to compromise giving the PPC more legitimacy and power. I think Bernier's far too shrewd to let the past get in the way of his vision.

As far as abortion goes I think Bernier would put a lid on the subject like Harper.

A Vote for Bernier this time around would be like putting training wheels on the Con Cart
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

1791 wrote: Bernier. Wants to eliminate supply management. ( I agree with him on that).

Eliminate transfer payments to Quebec. (Eliminate transfers from the Federal Government to almost a quarter of Canadians? On what grounds? Because their Government doesn't support a pipeline? Well using that logic they'd better eliminate transfer payments to BC as well).

Wants to clamp down on refugees and mass immigration.(Refugees who are fleeing persecution NEED all the help they can get. To do otherwise is inhumane. And as for immigration, well unless Canadians start having more kids, and are willing to stay in the workforce until they're 70, we NEED more immigrants. But if all he wants to do is crack down on illegal queue jumpers, well I can agree with him on that).

Wants to support the troops. (What exactly does he have in mind?)

Strengthen the border (How?)

Will use the powers of the PMO to get pipelines built (I like that idea, but he'd better be prepared to deal with a lot of civil disobedience, and maybe even some illegal sabotage).

Will let provinces set more policies. (Canadian Provinces already have more power than American States. If Ottawa continues to relinquish what little power it has left, we won't have a country anymore. Just a very balkanized set of individual entities in which it's impossible to set national standards).

He is by far the most free rights leader running (in what way exactly? Every time a government grants a right to one individual or group of individuals, it deprives a competing right from somebody else. There are always winners and losers).

Supports the gun lobby.(My spouse has several guns because he is an avid hunter. So I'm not anti gun by any means. But that doesn't mean I believe we shouldn't have certain restrictions on gun ownership. What exactly is it that the "gun lobby" wants?).

Is pro AR15. (Isn't that just another gun lobby?)

There is nothing here to not vote for (Yes there is; I just gave you all kinds of reasons)
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

jimmy4321 wrote:A Vote for Bernier this time around would be like putting training wheels on the Con Cart

Nonsense; if the Cons wound up relying on the PPC to help them govern, the price of PPC support would be some extreme right wing policies. In other words, a Conservative minority propped up by the PPC would be much further to the right than a Conservative majority would.

Andrew Scheer's Conservatives are just slightly right of the political centre; whereas Bernier and his gang are much further right on the political spectrum. And although I sense some of our posters are on the far right with Bernier, I don't believe the majority of right leaning Canadians are.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Merry wrote:Wants to clamp down on refugees and mass immigration.(Refugees who are fleeing persecution NEED all the help they can get. To do otherwise is inhumane. And as for immigration, well unless Canadians start having more kids, and are willing to stay in the workforce until they're 70, we NEED more immigrants. But if all he wants to do is crack down on illegal queue jumpers, well I can agree with him on that).

Counter productive for controlling global population. People are leaving their homeland because it's probably way overpopulated. If they reproduced themselves off of their homeland they would do the same here in no time. We need out of the UN global migration pact asap.

Merry wrote:Strengthen the border (How?

Make every inch of the border a 'point of entry', then border crossers cannot just show up from the U.S. where their lives are not in imminent danger. If they cross the north Atlantic on a raft in the middle of winter and show up on a beach in NFLD, that's a different story.

Merry wrote:He is by far the most free rights leader running (in what way exactly? Every time a government grants a right to one individual or group of individuals, it deprives a competing right from somebody else. There are always winners and losers).

To shut down special interest groups.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

oldtrucker wrote:
dirtybiker wrote:^^^hahahahaha;

The load is sailboat fuel, so it won't take much fuel. I'm sure cash would work for the month it will take.
I was thinking it would be fitting to start the trip parked right under the billboard that was censored in the first place. In less than 20 minutes, cbc, ctv, etc would be there.
My grandfather volunteered for 2 world wars so I, and you didn't have to deal with censorship of opinion. This is the least I can do.

Now this would be a credible reason to start a "Go Fund Me Page." I don't know how to set one up, but I would contribute to it.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”