If Canada voted purely on policy, how would we vote??

Jmfva
Übergod

Re: If Canada voted purely on policy, how would we vote??

Post by Jmfva »

bernie428 wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:For a completely new made up party.

Not many people are totally left or right.

Many of us have no problem with certain aspects of both parties and their policies.

this forum isn't the best representative of that, but I like the idea :-)

I really wish we had a different voting system so you didn't feel you needed to vote for one of the big 2 to have your vote count...
Yeah we would have some smaller parties getting some more seats, but there would be other parties that would be between the two holding them accountable and better representing many Canadians. The current libs should have kept that promise for electoral reform.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Sep 11th, 2019, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

If I could vote purely on policies, it would not be any of the major parties. Maybe Libertarian party.

Liberals under Chretien would definitely get a good look from me, but under Trudeau's management, there's no way, and that's even assuming SNC policy is not really policy.

My views on Trudeau's policies are in line with this refugee...

FB_IMG_1567121142388.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Glacier wrote:If I could vote purely on policies, it would not be any of the major parties. Maybe Libertarian party.

Liberals under Chretien would definitely get a good look from me.

I would agree with all of this.
Maybe that's why some of the PPC appeals to me, they do borrow some Libertarian type views
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

floppi wrote:JT and the Libs kept or is keeping 94% of the promises made during the 2015 election,.

https://trudeaumetre.polimeter.org/

Not sure where you get your facts from, but it's pretty clear 69% is not 94%.

Add to that fact that 22% are "in progress" of that 69 and that the vast majority of that other 47% kept are completely useless, irrelevant or easy... and I'm not impressed. Not even half of his promises kept.

How is he doing on the BIG promises that meant the most to people?

A botched legalized weed platform.
Scrapping electoral reform.
"Modest deficits" my rear end.
The pipeline fiasco
All his promises to First Nations
Veterans supports

And more.

You're pulling a Trudeau move and grossly exaggerating (ahem * flat out lying) with that 94% claim
knobber

Post by knobber »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Sep 11th, 2019, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

jimmy4321 wrote:If we lived in a perfect world where how things were managed etc were never in question.

How would Canada vote ??

The idea of our politicians being more efficient in implementing their platforms is more than a little terrifying. Poor execution may be all that stands between us and bureaucratic and regulatory perdition.

With that in mind, one would hope that Canada would vote for the kind government that promised to govern least.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan

Return to “Federal Election 2019”