We're all gonna be rich!

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

We're all gonna be rich!

Post by bob vernon »

Scheer was in town today to promise us that he'll cut our taxes. Over the weekend he said we'll get more services. And last week he said that he has a plan to balance the budget. And he won't introduce legislation to re-open the abortion laws....... but he won't stand in the way of a backbencher doing it. He's pretty much all things to all people. Isn't Justin the same kinda guy?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... s-tax-cuts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: We're all gonna be rich!

Post by 1791 »

Yes agreed. Hard to pick much between these 2 clowns. Bernier 2019
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

bob vernon wrote: And he won't introduce legislation to re-open the abortion laws....... but he won't stand in the way of a backbencher doing it.

Hope there's some video of this.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

If you're saying backbenchers should have to toe the party line and should not be allowed introduce anything the dear leader doesn't want discussed, you ought to vote Liberal.

Personally, I give points to Scheer for allowing them to represent their constituents.

We all know there is not a snowball's chance in a Castanet political forum that any effort to reopen the abortion debate in the House would go anywhere. Plays well here, though. It's a hilarious deflection from the SNC-L affair.

I'm reserving judgement on the tax cut. It seems to me, though, that simply by having a government that prioritizes Canada and Canadians over a virtue-signalling global agenda, we would all be further ahead without cutting services.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

rustled wrote:If you're saying backbenchers should have to toe the party line and should not be allowed introduce anything the dear leader doesn't want discussed, you ought to vote Liberal.

Personally, I give points to Scheer for allowing them to represent their constituents.

We all know there is not a snowball's chance in a Castanet political forum that any effort to reopen the abortion debate in the House would go anywhere. Plays well here, though. It's a hilarious deflection from the SNC-L affair.

I'm reserving judgement on the tax cut. It seems to me, though, that simply by having a government that prioritizes Canada and Canadians over a virtue-signalling global agenda, we would all be further ahead without cutting services.

You haven't a clue that is going to happen if he's elected PM. If Scheer does represent the Conservative caucus and if 50% of them want the abortion debate reopened, then wouldn't he be doing injustice to those that want to reopen the debate?

Just saying........
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

floppi wrote:
rustled wrote:If you're saying backbenchers should have to toe the party line and should not be allowed introduce anything the dear leader doesn't want discussed, you ought to vote Liberal.

You haven't a clue that is going to happen if he's elected PM. If Scheer does represent the Conservative caucus and if 50% of them want the abortion debate reopened, then wouldn't he be doing injustice to those that want to reopen the debate?

Just saying........

I doubt any of you who keep using this ploy truly believe the HoC would reopen the abortion debate. It's such a silly, silly strategy. Meanwhile, we know for a fact what kind of ship Trudeau runs. The kind that finds women useful for populating the cabinet for the sake of his brand, but only if they do his bidding. The kind that refuses to provide waivers necessary for the ethics commissioner to do his job, so the kind that thinks he can use the PMO however he likes and hide behind cabinet confidentiality.

Given what we know will happen with Trudeau and what you want us to fear will happen with Scheer, I'll take my chances that a Conservative back-bencher might *gasp!* stand up and talk about abortion, only to have it go nowhere. Far less likelihood of any real harm to our democracy.

I'm still reserving judgement on the tax cut. It does seem to me, though, that simply by having a government that prioritizes Canada and Canadians over a virtue-signalling global agenda, we would all be further ahead without any cuts to services. Maybe there'd be enough to properly support our veterans.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

rustled wrote:
floppi wrote:

Just saying........

I doubt any of you who keep using this ploy truly believe the HoC would reopen the abortion debate. It's such a silly, silly strategy. Meanwhile, we know for a fact what kind of ship Trudeau runs. The kind that finds women useful for populating the cabinet for the sake of his brand, but only if they do his bidding. The kind that refuses to provide waivers necessary for the ethics commissioner to do his job, so the kind that thinks he can use the PMO however he likes and hide behind cabinet confidentiality.

Given what we know will happen with Trudeau and what you want us to fear will happen with Scheer, I'll take my chances that a Conservative back-bencher might *gasp!* stand up and talk about abortion, only to have it go nowhere. Far less likelihood of any real harm to our democracy.

I'm still reserving judgement on the tax cut. It does seem to me, though, that simply by having a government that prioritizes Canada and Canadians over a virtue-signalling global agenda, we would all be further ahead without any cuts to services. Maybe there'd be enough to properly support our veterans.

How is the government going to fund the veterans when you take 6 Billion dollars out of the government revenue? They are already forgotten as is but with the tax cut, I'm sure their support will be even less. They will be with the other less fortunate and the low income families when all their social safety net will be cut out to support Scheer's ill advised, vote buying tax cut.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

floppi wrote:
rustled wrote:I doubt any of you who keep using this ploy truly believe the HoC would reopen the abortion debate. It's such a silly, silly strategy. Meanwhile, we know for a fact what kind of ship Trudeau runs. The kind that finds women useful for populating the cabinet for the sake of his brand, but only if they do his bidding. The kind that refuses to provide waivers necessary for the ethics commissioner to do his job, so the kind that thinks he can use the PMO however he likes and hide behind cabinet confidentiality.

How is the government going to fund the veterans when you take 6 Billion dollars out of the government revenue? They are already forgotten as is but with the tax cut, I'm sure their support will be even less. They will be with the other less fortunate and the low income families when all their social safety net will be cut out to support Scheer's ill advised, vote buying tax cut.

There, I highlighted it for you. You're welcome.
:topic:
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

So you're saying that would be the Liberals then?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Human rights should never be up for debate regardless of people's opinions. That's not admirable at all. And that is what should be said by Scheer to his party. No more open ended comments, be crystal clear and move on.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

floppi wrote:So you're saying that would be the Liberals then?

The Trudeau Liberals have made it clear they are not interested in putting Canada and Canadians ahead of their virtue-signalling global agenda.

Perhaps you believe the Trudeau Liberals are capable of making that seismic a shift during the course of the election period, but for most of us that would take quite a leap of faith indeed.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

JLives wrote:Human rights should never be up for debate regardless of people's opinions. That's not admirable at all. And that is what should be said by Scheer to his party. No more open ended comments, be crystal clear and move on.

He already was crystal clear on it, and you've been pointed to that information umpteen times already.

You're going to vote Liberal as you always have, even though Justin Trudeau is personally mortified that any woman would choose to have an abortion. I just don't understand your choice.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Pete Podoski wrote:He already was crystal clear on it, and you've been pointed to that information umpteen times already.

You're going to vote Liberal as you always have, even though Justin Trudeau is personally mortified that any woman would choose to have an abortion. I just don't understand your choice.

No, he hasn't, that's why it keep coming up. Anti-abortion groups are saying the same thing. He's trying to play both sides. While Trudeau is personally opposed to abortion he has made it very clear that's an issue not up for debate in this country by anyone in his party. I have no problem with someone's personal beliefs, my issue is when they think they can, or should, legislate their beliefs. That is the difference between Trudeau and Scheer, and it's pretty major for women.

Also, I don't decide who I'm voting for until right before an election. I've voted for all of the major parties, with the exception of Conservatives. I'm not a party voter, I'm an issues voter. Although, the way this election cycle is going I might just vote for Trudeau out of spite. :admin:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote:
Also, I don't decide who I'm voting for until right before an election. I've voted for all of the major parties, with the exception of Conservatives. I'm not a party voter, I'm an issues voter. Although, the way this election cycle is going I might just vote for Trudeau out of spite. :admin:

And I've voted for all the main parties except the Liberals, Greens and NDP. J I did vote for Paul Martin. If you truly are voting out of spite, the lying Liberals should be the last ones to get your vote.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote:And I've voted for all the main parties except the Liberals, Greens and NDP. J I did vote for Paul Martin. If you truly are voting out of spite, the lying Liberals should be the last ones to get your vote.

Obviously I'm joking. It's just really tempting to do after listening to you guys whine about so many non-issues. He's discussed like a cartoon villain instead of a multi-faceted human being. There's a lot of issues I am not thrilled with him about but it gets lost in a sea of garbage sock boy, selfie boy and pictures of him standing next to bad people as if he has the entire life history of everyone he sees in a meet and greet drawn up ahead of time. There's no credibility to the discussion after you go that route.

In truth, I'll let the campaigns flesh themselves out, I'll avoid gotcha headlines and make an informed decision shortly before election day. And I absolutely would for a Conservative, if they presented good policies and left my body the hell alone.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”