The JT Blackface or Brownface thread

stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

The JT Blackface or Brownface thread

Post by stuphoto »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/26 ... -brownface

Just so everyone knows it is an actual artform probably dating back hundreds of years.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface
Even done by actual black people at times.

In my opinion it is not intended to be racist by most people.

If you have 10 extra minutes why not watch this clip from the Peter Sellers movie The Party and I think you will agree
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3aM2HSUSQ6A
It was done in humor not hatred
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Acting and Suntanning are racist

Post by Ka-El »

mexi cali wrote: There is nothing going on here. Nothing. It is a costume.

… of a cartoon character yet (Aladdin)
key_smash

Post by key_smash »

Trudeau, the himbo, strikes again. What an embarrassment to our country.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

masen wrote:Lookout fellow Canadians if putting on makeup for an act or trying to change the colour of your skin are considered racist without any proven motive of hatred then we are all insane.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/26 ... -brownface

welcome to 2019,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Walking Wounded wrote:If this was anyone else in parliament, Trudeau would be one of the first people calling for that person to be fired or for them to quit. But since it’s Trudeau himself he will laugh it off and try to bury it deep in his closet. I think Trudeau should have looked deeper into his own closet before coming out with his zero tolerance for everyone not named Justin Trudeau rule.
Any man who can’t live by his own rules is no man at all.

just goes to show the pure scum bag he is
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

blueliner wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:What about guys who dress in drag for money (opportunists), not pleasure(not judging)
Who are they offending?
Saw a commercial on tv about this recently.

You must be talking about Justin in a Pride Parade or on his Mr. Dressup outfit on his India tour . :200:

yup...........
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

UhHuhYeahSure wrote:If a white guy dresses up in another culture's clothes at a costume theme party, apparently now he's a racist.

Soooo if an Asian dresses up as a cowboy, can white folks call him a racist mocking Western history and culture?

If a South Asian puts on a red/black plaid shirt, suspenders and a toque, is he/she a racist as mocking Canadian culture?

Was Trudeau dressing up on his trip to India racism? No. It simply showed him to be the drama clown that he is.

I can't stand the guy. But he has nothing to apologize for in this case.

Great costume I say, just as I'd say to the Asian Cowboy and the East Indian lumberjack.

Man...the media and the polititians are pathetic in digging up drivel.

seems to me only white people are racists.... :200: [icon_lol2.gif]
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Why Trudeau’s ‘brownface’ photo is not shocking

Post by csm »

Re: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/wh ... ocid=ientp

Well, as much as I dislike Trudeau's politics and his compulsive lying, I do have to give him a pass on this one.

Why do we make so much of this - all it does is breed dissention among people of all ethnicities that should be getting along.

Who cares if he painted his face black, brown pink or white? IMO, it wasn't done for the purpose of racism or bigotry.

Why do people pull the "Race" card all the time? I believe him this time - he is a competitive person, and like any competitive person ( and narcissist ), he wanted to stand out with the best costume & took the theme to the max - so what.

I have seen men dressed as women and women dressed as men lots of times, doesn't mean they are trying to degrade them.

I could care less if any of my brown, black or yellow skinned countrymen painted themselves white ( in fact there have been occasions ). We are all the same colour on the inside - who care's what colour we are on the outside - doesn't make us any different.

Yes, being disrespectful of any race is an issue - I don't think that was the case this time - and I have to side with him on that ( doesn't mean he gets my vote though)

Don't we have anything better to focus on, like getting the right person into the PMO's office - and making them live up to their promises of transparency and honesty, Something that is seriously lacking in the halls of our Governments!
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

featfan wrote:"I'm not going to accuse (Justin Trudeau) of being a racist. But he's the master of identity politics and the Libs just spent months accusing everyone of being white supremacists. He definitely is the biggest hypocrite in the country." — People's Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier, on Twitter.

yup :up:
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Walking Wounded wrote:If this was anyone else in parliament, Trudeau would be one of the first people calling for that person to be fired or for them to quit. But since it’s Trudeau himself he will laugh it off and try to bury it deep in his closet. I think Trudeau should have looked deeper into his own closet before coming out with his zero tolerance for everyone not named Justin Trudeau rule.
Any man who can’t live by his own rules is no man at all.

I guess you were wrong that he would laugh it off and try and bury it deep in his closet since all he's doing is apologizing profusely for it. You turned a silly thing that's being called racist into something political which it isn't.. I don't care who did it what he did wasn't wrong.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Man. I better dig up my families old photo albums. Pretty sure there's pictures of me playing cowboys and Indians with my buddies.

Spoiler alert; I wasn't always a cowboy.

I remember seeing black kids dressed up as Superman and Batman on Halloween. Hope none of them ever get outed. Oh wait, sorry. It's a one way street. I keep forgetting that.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

in jt's world this is a hate crime if anyone else would of done this

lock him up
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Pot calling the kettle black. Wait is that considered a racists term now?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

mexi cali wrote:Man. I better dig up my families old photo albums. Pretty sure there's pictures of me playing cowboys and Indians with my buddies.

Spoiler alert; I wasn't always a cowboy.

I remember seeing black kids dressed up as Superman and Batman on Halloween. Hope none of them ever get outed. Oh wait, sorry. It's a one way street. I keep forgetting that.

bingo........ sad but true
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

well JT himself said it was racist.
And I am sure Andy is just so happy today. Meanwhile the digging will continue. I cannot wait to see what embarassing pictures of the Candidates show up.
If by chance there is any of them posed in a french maid's costume I'll cast my vote for them :/
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Federal Election 2019”