The JT Blackface or Brownface thread

Veovis
Guru

Re: The JT Blackface or Brownface thread

Post by Veovis »

Considering social media platforms are well known for editing, deleting and burying news that doesn't suit their point of view the fact that this story has been losing traction on the types of platforms that kill this type of issue isn't remotely surprising.

It doesn't mean it isn't still being discussed however, it's just not cool on twitter of facebook....there is a real world outside of those very biased platforms you know right?
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Justin Trudeau has shown his racist side long before these pictures showed up.

His denigration of Sen. Brazeau's indigenous background was just one of many.

“Five years and a few miles away, Trudeau mischievously smiles when I ask how much of the boxing match had been planned out. ‘It wasn’t random,’ Trudeau says. ‘I wanted someone who would be a good foil, and we stumbled upon the scrappy tough-guy senator from an indigenous community. He fit the bill, and it was a very nice counterpoint.’ Trudeau says this with the calculation of a CFO in a company-budget markup session. ‘I saw it as the right kind of narrative, the right story to tell,’ he says.”

Brazeau has recently said that in the long-promised rematch, Trudeau can paint his face again and be Apollo Creed.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/senat ... creed-joke
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
Gone_Fishin
Guru

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Well isn't this interesting.

Don Martin: The knight in shining armour falls hard from his high horse

Roughly ten years ago, I had lunch with then-backbench MP Justin Trudeau to pitch him on a warts-and-all biography.

The way I figured it, he was five years away from being Liberal leader and eight from being prime minister so a book could introduce him to voters without sugarcoating.

He listened politely before shrugging off the idea, saying he'd never be prime minister. He had too many secrets.

That quip loomed large this week with the three-pack of images showing a younger Justin wearing brown and blackface in various costumes. It makes you wonder if he was referring to those damning photos tucked away in yearbooks somewhere waiting to detonate at the most inopportune time.

If so, it says a lot that an MP eyeing the nation’s top office was hoping his images as a racist would stay buried in time.

Trudeau now insists it was mortified embarrassment at his behavior as a 29-year-old teacher which kept him from disclosing it earlier. Maybe so. More likely it was fear for his political future and the current apology tour is more an act of survival than heartfelt contrition.

https://election.ctvnews.ca/don-martin- ... -1.4603095
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Let's go Justin!
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Post by rustled »

Very interesting.

One finds oneself wondering if another shoe is to drop.

At the time Trudeau became leader of the party, it seemed to me the party was making a mistake. Not enough gravitas. The whole branding and marketing campaign was just that, a branding and marketing campaign. Just took a look at the Wikipedia page for the leadership campaign. Interesting:

Trudeau had ruled out a bid but reconsidered in the wake of Bob Rae's announcement that he was not running.
SNIP
  • Trudeau endorsed the takeover of the Canadian oil and gas company Nexen by the Hong Kong-based CNOOC Limited.[105]
  • Trudeau had stated his opposition to the Enbridge Northern Gateway Pipelines and come out in favour for the use of existing pipelines to transport diluted bitumen to Saint John, New Brunswick. He supports the Keystone XL pipeline and export projects, and has criticized NDP leader Tom Mulcair for opposing Keystone.[106]
  • Trudeau has stated that he is "completely closed to any form of cooperation with the NDP."[107]

Impressive first-ballot victory.

I wonder how many, if any, of the people who supported Trudeau for leader on that first ballot would have changed their minds if they had known about the blackface photos and video. I also wonder how many, if any, of the people who supported him in that vote would have withdrawn their support if they knew he had intentionally kept this potentially highly embarrassing information from the selection committee.
Drip_Torch
Lord of the Board

Post by Drip_Torch »

Veovis wrote:Considering social media platforms are well known for editing, deleting and burying news that doesn't suit their point of view the fact that this story has been losing traction on the types of platforms that kill this type of issue isn't remotely surprising.

It doesn't mean it isn't still being discussed however, it's just not cool on twitter of facebook....there is a real world outside of those very biased platforms you know right?

Or maybe, just maybe, this topic just isn't getting the traction it is on Castanet for other reasons. Don't get me wrong, it was a lapse of judgement to be sure, but a blatant act of racism? I'm not so sure. I'm impressed by the passion expressed here and given hope for a day when racist sentiments will be denounced outside of politically opportune moments.

I see the rage - there's 34 pages and almost 500 replies. BUT, are you all sure it is racism that has you fired up and this isn't just an exercise in politics and hatred?

I just had to ask, because yesterday we saw what not-so-subtle racism in Canada looks like and I can't seem to find the thread? It's almost as if many of you don't really care? It's odd to me, because I didn't see Andrew Scheer make a big deal of it and two PPC just seemed to follow it up with their own racist overtures.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoo ... -1.5307607

I'll be honest with you guys this thread seems very disingenous.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote:
I wonder how many, if any, of the people who supported Trudeau for leader on that first ballot would have changed their minds if they had known about the blackface photos and video. I also wonder how many, if any, of the people who supported him in that vote would have withdrawn their support if they knew he had intentionally kept this potentially highly embarrassing information from the selection committee.

But Trudeau's a Liberal- and that's all that matters to the child partisans. I'm supporting Scheer, because if we are going to vote solely on the party platforms I would prefer to "move forward", and Scheer is far superior on every level to the rest of the dreck we have to choose from. I'll vote Conservative in my riding with the hopes we end up with a Conservative majority, with the NDP and Green Party being the Official opposition, and the Liberals consigned to the dustbin. This government would represent the most Canadians.
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Post by rustled »

New explanation for blackface emerges:
EDMONTON, CANADA—Responding to criticism of the Trans Mountain oil pipeline during a visit to Alberta, Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau told reporters Thursday that pumping nearly a million barrels of oil a day through indigenous lands would be a ritual of deep spiritual significance to his people. “These pipes are a sacred tradition handed down by my ancestors, a reminder of our connection to the land and the riches it can provide,” said Trudeau, who described his participation in age-old rites in which his family and friends would prostrate themselves before pipelines, praying for the safe passage of the petroleum within. “Just as the smokestack rises from the ground, so too must the pipe go beneath the earth. The Creator has imbued the sands of this province with great bounty, and with the proper offerings of oil company subsidies and construction grants, we may be so blessed as to profit from its gifts.” At press time, Trudeau had concluded his remarks by inviting members of the press to join him in a traditional pipeline-blessing ceremony, beginning with the ritual application of refined black oil all over one’s face and body.
https://politics.theonion.com/justin-tr ... 1838747531
Beerhunter341
Board Meister

Post by Beerhunter341 »

rustled wrote:New explanation for blackface emerges:
EDMONTON, CANADA—Responding to criticism of the Trans Mountain oil pipeline during a visit to Alberta, Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau told reporters Thursday that pumping nearly a million barrels of oil a day through indigenous lands would be a ritual of deep spiritual significance to his people. “These pipes are a sacred tradition handed down by my ancestors, a reminder of our connection to the land and the riches it can provide,” said Trudeau, who described his participation in age-old rites in which his family and friends would prostrate themselves before pipelines, praying for the safe passage of the petroleum within. “Just as the smokestack rises from the ground, so too must the pipe go beneath the earth. The Creator has imbued the sands of this province with great bounty, and with the proper offerings of oil company subsidies and construction grants, we may be so blessed as to profit from its gifts.” At press time, Trudeau had concluded his remarks by inviting members of the press to join him in a traditional pipeline-blessing ceremony, beginning with the ritual application of refined black oil all over one’s face and body.

Really? the Onion??
Ka-El
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ka-El »

Beerhunter341 wrote: Really? the Onion??

:laugh:
Stop hate: don't feed the alt-right troll
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Post by rustled »

Beerhunter341 wrote:
rustled wrote:New explanation for blackface emerges:

Really? the Onion??

Yessirree! One of my faves.
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Post by rustled »

OTTAWA—Following the release of images that reveal the head of government wore blackface and brownface on multiple occasions, Canadian head of government Justin Trudeau responded to criticism Thursday with a new campaign ad in which the slogan “Triggered?” appears on screen as he dabs his face with burnt cork. “Oh, boo-hoo, I’m sorry, do my policies bother you, SJWs?” Trudeau said in the 30-second TV spot, during which he vows not to be victimized by cancel culture and remarks that if this was how “those prissy, whiny snowflakes” were going to be, he didn’t even want to be their “*bleep* prime minister.” “Wake up, soyboys! From Vancouver to Halifax, it’s time for this country to stop answering to the feminazis and uncuck itself. The so-called ‘tolerant’ left is just going to have to deal with the fact that by the time I’m through, there’s not going to be a single safe space left in all of Canada.” Within hours of the new slogan’s release, polls confirmed the prime minister’s approval rating had skyrocketed to 91%.

:popcorn:
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

rustled wrote:
OTTAWA—Following the release of images that reveal the head of government wore blackface and brownface on multiple occasions, Canadian head of government Justin Trudeau responded to criticism Thursday with a new campaign ad in which the slogan “Triggered?” appears on screen as he dabs his face with burnt cork. “Oh, boo-hoo, I’m sorry, do my policies bother you, SJWs?” Trudeau said in the 30-second TV spot, during which he vows not to be victimized by cancel culture and remarks that if this was how “those prissy, whiny snowflakes” were going to be, he didn’t even want to be their “*bleep* prime minister.” “Wake up, soyboys! From Vancouver to Halifax, it’s time for this country to stop answering to the feminazis and uncuck itself. The so-called ‘tolerant’ left is just going to have to deal with the fact that by the time I’m through, there’s not going to be a single safe space left in all of Canada.” Within hours of the new slogan’s release, polls confirmed the prime minister’s approval rating had skyrocketed to 91%.

:popcorn:

Yep. popcorn, that's all it's worth.
I thought I'd bump the post, because it needs to be at the top, shoving down less important topics.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Prepare to be appalled at the use of children of colour as props by Justin Trudeau.

It is beyond imaginable that he would do this, but he did. Shameless, racist pig.

https://twitter.com/carlvallee/status/1 ... 1566097408
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Post by rustled »

Pete Podoski wrote:Prepare to be appalled at the use of children of colour as props by Justin Trudeau.

It is beyond imaginable that he would do this, but he did. Shameless, racist pig.

https://twitter.com/carlvallee/status/1 ... 1566097408

I'm not appalled, nor do I find it beyond imaginable. I find his behaviour disgusting but completely predictable.

It's Trudeau genuinely is that he would allow this sort of thing. He sees nothing wrong with it.

We are all props of convenience in Trudeau's drama. Someone wrote a good opinion piece on this a while back.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Just disgusting. Those kids being used like that, as props for a racist vacuous empty person. So lame.
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”