The JT Blackface or Brownface thread

Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board

Re: The JT Blackface or Brownface thread

Post by Silverstarqueen »

So if we go by that, no one could vote for a teacher. I had some teachers with whom I had "fun and interesting times with". It would be a stretch not to mention a travesty that those teachers who added some fun and interest to school were then trashed years later for doing that. I know my kids would have hated school, and probably would have been behavior problems, if not for the teachers who provided "fun and interesting" times for them . The football and basketball coaches that went the extra mile, the band teachers who wowed audiences with their students' performances, the English teacher that made literature seem interesting. The math teacher who would let my son go work in the shop if his work was done, rather than disrupt the class. So if being fun and interesting is a crime now, I shudder to think what will happen to this generation of kids. I think it's disgusting that people are trashing once again a teacher who was just trying to make school more bearable and fun for kids.
Think about it, rather than a student end up being a behavior problem and just hating the admin for wearing his uniform askew, he was encouraged to write a protest letter in the school newspaper. Isn't that what we would hope to teach our kids? Yes a teacher (or anyone) could have several reasons why they quit a well paying job where things seemed to be going well. I did. and none of them involved child abuse.
If I voted for a party that was just a bunch of gossip mongers and muckrakers, I couldn't live with myself.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Oct 11th, 2019, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Post by rustled »

Silverstarqueen wrote:So if we go by that, no one could vote for a teacher. I had some teachers with whom I had "fun and interesting times with". It would be a stretch not to mention a travesty that those teachers who added some fun and interest to school were then trashed years later for doing that. I know my kids would have hated school, and probably would have been behavior problems, if not for the teachers who provided "fun and interesting" times for them . The football and basketball coaches that went the extra mile, the band teachers who wowed audiences with their students' performances, the English teacher that made literature seem interesting. The math teacher who would let my son go work in the shop if his work was done, rather than disrupt the class. So if being fun and interesting is a crime now, I shudder to think what will happen to this generation of kids. I think it's disgusting that people are trashing once again a teacher who was just trying to make school more bearable and fun for kids.
Think about it, rather than a student end up being a behavior problem and just hating the admin for wearing his uniform askew, he was encouraged to write a protest letter in the school newspaper. Isn't that what we would hope to teach our kids? Yes a teacher (or anyone) could have several reasons why they quit a well paying job where things seemed to be going well. I did. and none of them involved child abuse.
If I voted for a party that was just a bunch of gossip mongers and muckrakers, I couldn't live with myself.

I'd be more concerned if the teacher's best friend and roommate was convicted as this one was, but then again I wouldn't claim anyone knows everything about the person they're living with.

Is it reasonable to suggest any party is "just a bunch of gossip mongers and muckrakers"? This seems overly dramatic, too. Rather like suggesting a party is "just a bunch of liars".

For me, the lies about the blackface are more problematic than the blackface itself. Trudeau either deceived his selection committee, as he insists he did, by not revealing embarrassing stuff from his past as he was required to do. This is his version of the events, basically "I deceived the Liberal party's selection committee." Or he lied to us about having deceived them. I think this is more likely.

Either way it's problematic. We cannot believe anything Trudeau tells us, because he is always tailoring "the truth" to whatever he thinks will serve him best. And we cannot believe what this party tells us, because they are consistently falling in line to back up their leader every time he lies, no matter what he is lying about.

Who wants a compulsive liar with a party that consistently follows his lead running the country?

Wearing blackface was a poor choice. Being two-faced and continually lying to Canadians is worse.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

excellent post
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Silverstarqueen wrote: If I voted for a party that was just a bunch of gossip mongers and muckrakers, I couldn't live with myself.

but you can live with yourself for voting for a party that was responsible for the SNC Lavalin debacle? Seriously??
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Oct 11th, 2019, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Rex Murphy: Trudeau has made this election a referendum on his judgment

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/election-2019/rex-murphy-trudeau-has-made-this-a-referendum-on-his-judgment

Rex nails it again.

12 months ago....I would have said the Libs were in for another easy majority.

But Trudeau has provided one of the finest examples of "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" I have ever witnessed.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Leifer wrote:Rex Murphy: Trudeau has made this election a referendum on his judgment

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/election-2019/rex-murphy-trudeau-has-made-this-a-referendum-on-his-judgment

Rex nails it again.

12 months ago....I would have said the Libs were in for another easy majority.

But Trudeau has provided one of the finest examples of "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" I have ever witnessed.

Yeah well look no further than 1972 when Justin's evil dad did the same thing. If history continues to repeat itself, which it has with stunning similarities, then in 2021 Canadians will stupidly welcome Justin back to a majority with open arms. Oh woe is us if this happens.
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board

Post by Silverstarqueen »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Oct 11th, 2019, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic. This is JT thread, not Scheer
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Return to “Federal Election 2019”