The JT Blackface or Brownface thread

Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: The JT Blackface or Brownface thread

Post by Pete Podoski »

Is anyone concerned that Trudeau looked at Canadians yesterday and lied about what he had done?
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Acting and Suntanning are racist

Post by The Green Barbarian »

featfan wrote:"I'm not going to accuse (Justin Trudeau) of being a racist. But he's the master of identity politics and the Libs just spent months accusing everyone of being white supremacists. He definitely is the biggest hypocrite in the country." — People's Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier, on Twitter.

Nailed it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Pete Podoski wrote:Is anyone concerned that Trudeau looked at Canadians yesterday and lied about what he had done?

You mean not telling us he had done it more than twice?

Meh. When the Kootenay grope story came to light, he showed us he wouldn't own up to anything he'd done in his past unless there's photographic evidence. Whether that's because of his virtue-signalling zero-tolerance policy or because he has to preserve his self image, who knows, but we do know he wasn't prepared to be honest with us. Then the pressure on JWR came to light, a far more serious transgression that occurred while he was in office because he was in office, and he doubled down.

Trudeau showed us his true colours (pardon the terrible pun) long ago. This is a drop in the bucket. It's weird that some folk are so exercised about this when they're so blase about what he has done as PM.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

normaM wrote:well JT himself said it was racist.
And I am sure Andy is just so happy today. Meanwhile the digging will continue. I cannot wait to see what embarassing pictures of the Candidates show up.
If by chance there is any of them posed in a french maid's costume I'll cast my vote for them :/

At the very least, I would hope that the Liberals will stop this nonsense of pointing at everyone else and screaming RACIST! Perhaps we can start talking about substantive issues and stop combing social media for anything that can be spun to the negative.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Pete Podoski wrote:Is anyone concerned that Trudeau looked at Canadians yesterday and lied about what he had done?

Gee I think he has been caught in a couple other lies.
SNC, Raybould , ethics commision etc.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Yup, and equally concerned that Scheer is also getting involved and participating in the great Con disinformation scheme. Don't know what's worse. Someone making excuses and defending themselves for a gaffe made 18 years ago, or someone actively engaged in deceiving the electorate currently. Singh isn't looking good jumping on that bandwagon.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

rustled wrote:
Trudeau showed us his true colours (pardon the terrible pun) long ago. This is a drop in the bucket. It's weird that some folk are so exercised about this when they're so blase about what he has done as PM.

I know eh? Shows how societal norms and sacred cows have shifted. He lied to us about SNC Lavalin and screwed over his AG? Oh well. What? He wore blackface in 2001?? AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I think these outfits get blown out of proportion, but I think an apology is not close to sufficient. Justin himself has preached like he is the moral authority of Canada and only he can make reconciliations, equality for women, include all the minority groups.

Yet we see from his actions, at thirty he liked blackface, maybe he grew up....nope India trip just happened and it was just as bad just without the makeup. He at least made an equality cabinet......well until women stood up to not doing wrong and were immediately fired, hmm. At least he made good with First nations groups....well no again there.

Odd that this man will cry and apologize all day but when it all is said and done he is just a spoiled rich kid who thinks he can do what he wants. And you know what, he can, just not as the leader of a country.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

normaM wrote:well JT himself said it was racist.

I think he handled it wrong and should have said it was never intended to be a racist act. But then again during election time he is just doing what his PR staff is telling him to do, so in a way they are the ones to balame.

Personally I would love to see a video of his Blackface Day - O act. I imagine it is hilarious.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Veovis wrote:I think these outfits get blown out of proportion, but I think an apology is not close to sufficient. Justin himself has preached like he is the moral authority of Canada and only he can make reconciliations, equality for women, include all the minority groups.

Yet we see from his actions, at thirty he liked blackface, maybe he grew up....nope India trip just happened and it was just as bad just without the makeup. He at least made an equality cabinet......well until women stood up to not doing wrong and were immediately fired, hmm. At least he made good with First nations groups....well no again there.

Odd that this man will cry and apologize all day but when it all is said and done he is just a spoiled rich kid who thinks he can do what he wants. And you know what, he can, just not as the leader of a country.

I'd "like" your post, but the equality cabinet was insulting. We women worked too hard to have people quit looking at what sex when considering us for a job. We don't need some virtue-signalling fool suggesting to women we need special help. :swear:
:topic:
I'm curious to hear what he'll say about the video.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Yep. There's some truth to that, and I'd like to see Scheer smarten up on this. It's one thing to hold Trudeau to account for what he's done as PM, where he set ridiculous standards for others, and quite another to suddenly start thinking those ridiculous standards are good standards. They're not. They're ridiculous.

Which is why I have no sympathy now that Trudeau's stuck with defending them.

We'll see what Trudeau has to say about the latest video.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

all he does is lie, its who he is,it's what he does
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

LOL - this is just so rich. The Liberals claiming hypocrisy. Just amazing.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Photo: Facebook
Fallout from pictures of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau dressed up in brownface in 2001 has reached the Kelowna-Lake Country riding.

At least two election signs for MP Stephen Fuhr were vandalized overnight. The perpetrator in both instances changed Fuhr's likeness to black.

The signs have since been taken down.

Fuhr made a brief comment on his Facebook page: "So this happened overnight here in our community. Sad. If anyone has information or saw this occur, please contact my campaign office at 778-436-8648 or you can contact the RCMP directly," he posted.

Castanet has reached out to Fuhr for additional comment.

Kelowna city councillor Mohini Singh was appalled by the actions of the vandal.

"As a city, we have worked so hard to build an inclusive community.... this is shocking, despicable, disgusting –very Un-Canadian," Singh told Castanet.

"It's no way to win an election. There are bigger issues we as a country need to focus on. This is absolutely deplorable."

Trudeau issued an apology for his actions while on the campaign trail Wednesday evening.

He didn't consider it racist at the time, "but now we know better," he said. "This is something unacceptable and it is racist."

Since then, two other images, including a video, have emerged of Trudeau in blackface.

A Liberal spokesperson said the video came from the early 1990s.

If you look at the Castanet new page, it is the first story.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”