Divided country

Frisk
Guru

Divided country

Post by Frisk »

Between the surge in support for quebec separatism and the blue soaked west, I don't think our country has ever been more divided. This will no doubt be trudeau's biggest legacy.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Divided country

Post by Queen K »

Bigger than his East Indian dancing in India?
Or his buying a pipeline?

I thought Canada was well divided between have and have-not Provinces a long time ago.
Don't want iced up driveways and roads? Clean out the street drains and gutters. Used to be called "civic duty."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Frisk wrote:Between the surge in support for quebec separatism and the blue soaked west, I don't think our country has ever been more divided. This will no doubt be trudeau's biggest legacy.

If you are old enough this is history repeating itself.
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

I'm being overly dramatic obviously, but still. The pq surge is a major shocker.
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Post by rustled »

As it stands now, the Bloc has 32 seats with 8 percent of the popular vote while the Green party with 6 percent has 3 seats.

The NDP has almost double the popular vote the Bloc received, but only 2/3 of the seats.

The Bloc refuses to allow Alberta's oil to go east. The NDP refuses to allow Alberta's oil to go west.

Canada has some interesting days ahead.
bigtimeoperations
Board Meister

Post by bigtimeoperations »

Can't believe the surge of the Bloc Quebecois! 32 seats. Big time comeback from the "orange sweep" back in 2011. They only had 4 seats back then, even a car had more seats lol. NDP has fallen to 4th place.

Dark and difficult times lie ahead for this country.
Kelowna is the capital of Alberta
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

The only other land mass this big with one ruler is Russia. Dictators.
We're not doing so poorly as one might imagine.
The east should pay more attention west.
The west shouldn't pay so much attention to themselves.
Or is it the other way around?
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

bernie428 wrote:The east should pay more attention west.
The west shouldn't pay so much attention to themselves.
Or is it the other way around?

A little bit of both.
EZGuy

Post by EZGuy »

Good comment Frisk, perhaps Justin will be the last prime-minister of Canada.

Frisk wrote:Between the surge in support for quebec separatism and the blue soaked west, I don't think our country has ever been more divided. This will no doubt be trudeau's biggest legacy.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Frisk wrote:I'm being overly dramatic obviously, but still. The pq surge is a major shocker.

Lets face it, the way the other leaders lie to us they don't deserve anyones vote.
At least the PQ is more honest and does their best to please Quebec and only Quebec.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Why is the PQ even in the National election?

They are only in Quebec and only for Quebec and do everything they can to go against the rest of the Country!
DILLIGAF
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

we can blame jt for that he has :cuss: canada forever
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Post by rustled »

Bsuds wrote:Why is the PQ even in the National election?

They are only in Quebec and only for Quebec and do everything they can to go against the rest of the Country!

I don't disagree with this. Legislatively I don't see how we could prevent a party like the Bloc from forming. Rules to require some form of cross-Canada representation would prevent independents from running.

"In it for us" parties form and receive support when our government disregards a significant portion of the population. There's an east-west divide, but there's also a rural-urban divide. Our urban-seat-heavy governments have a very bad habit of bringing in legislation that makes life more difficult for people outside the urban areas. The Conservatives actually recognized this in their platform, with a measure to require the consequences of policies for rural populations is considered. This was ridiculed by at least one poster here, just as ridiculing Albertans and anyone who favours environment over "climate change" is routinely ridiculed.

People who smugly snigger about the divisiveness south of us are entrenching exactly the same problems in Canada, implementing aggressively progressive policies with wanton disregard (and, too often, utter contempt) for those Canadians who suffer the consequences.

South of us, the disdainful treatment of conservatives and non-urbanites resulted in a total rejection of the status quo. In Canada, Quebec has found a way to make their voices heard at the expense of the rest of us.

There will never be enough rural or Western seats in Canada to slap down the parties that refuse to consider the impacts of aggressively progressive policies on those living outside the urban centers.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The Bloc is a total waste of time and money.
They will achieve somewhere between zero and nothing.

Their leader's speech had zippo for English.

Many of their MPs do not even speak English.

Need a law for 50 % minimum candidates nationally or don't run.

At least the PPC would meet this but they were a wasted vote also.

Independents are a waste of time also. They achieve very little.
Wilson Raybould will doze off, alot.

Time to hit propor rep and electoral reform, again until something changes.
Young people feel totally disenfranchised under this useless system!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Federal Election 2019”