IHA Vaccine Booking

IHA Vaccine Booking

Postby Catri » Mar 29th, 2021, 11:43 am

Just on hold waiting to book a vaccination. It's like travelling back in time to 1998, complete with horrible, piercing, flute-y hold music set at such a high level that it crackles like an untuned transistor radio. Hopefully I will get to speak to a nice person somewhere in Asia again soon. This is my fourth time trying to get it booked (I got through once last week, but they had no availability in my community and had to try 3 times to get through the phone tree without getting cut off today). I knew they had problems at the beginning, but come on, it's been a few weeks, they should have online booking up and running by now. Just wondering how others are experiencing the IHA booking system?
Catri
Übergod

Liked in: 1564 posts

Re: IHA Vaccine Booking

Postby Triple 6 » Mar 29th, 2021, 12:20 pm

Catri wrote:Just on hold waiting to book a vaccination. It's like travelling back in time to 1998, complete with horrible, piercing, flute-y hold music set at such a high level that it crackles like an untuned transistor radio. Hopefully I will get to speak to a nice person somewhere in Asia again soon. This is my fourth time trying to get it booked (I got through once last week, but they had no availability in my community and had to try 3 times to get through the phone tree without getting cut off today). I knew they had problems at the beginning, but come on, it's been a few weeks, they should have online booking up and running by now. Just wondering how others are experiencing the IHA booking system?

I called for my in-laws a few Saturdays back it was easy. Is it because today a "new age group" is allowed to call in ?
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Triple 6

Liked in: 4188 posts

Postby Catri » Mar 29th, 2021, 12:25 pm

Triple 6 wrote:I called for my in-laws a few Saturdays back it was easy. Is it because today a "new age group" is allowed to call in ?

Oh, I bet you're right! We're in one of the "Community Specific Clinic" areas, so I wasn't even paying attention to what age groups are open (my age group won't be booking until May). Still think they ought to have the online booking sorted by now though.

Triple 6 likes this post.
Catri
Übergod

Postby Fancy » Mar 29th, 2021, 12:28 pm

What new age group? This is the site I've been tracking:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covi ... ne/seniors
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Liked in: 10796 posts

Postby Triple 6 » Mar 29th, 2021, 12:32 pm

Originally I couldn't book my in-laws appointments until the 22nd of Mar. it got changed to an earlier date.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

Fancy likes this post.
Triple 6

Liked in: 4188 posts

Postby DarbyD » Mar 29th, 2021, 2:25 pm

Fancy wrote:What new age group? This is the site I've been tracking:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covi ... ne/seniors

I found this link a little bit better for Interior Health bookings:
https://pathwaysmedicalcare.ca/resource ... or-health/

It only gives information for each day (age 74+ can start to make appointments today, Mon March 29). So I guess will have to check it day by day to see when the next age can book.
They comes,
They goes.

Fancy likes this post.
DarbyD
Fledgling

Liked in: 423 posts

Postby Queen K » Mar 29th, 2021, 2:32 pm

Catri wrote:Just on hold waiting to book a vaccination. It's like travelling back in time to 1998, complete with horrible, piercing, flute-y hold music set at such a high level that it crackles like an untuned transistor radio. Hopefully I will get to speak to a nice person somewhere in Asia again soon. This is my fourth time trying to get it booked (I got through once last week, but they had no availability in my community and had to try 3 times to get through the phone tree without getting cut off today). I knew they had problems at the beginning, but come on, it's been a few weeks, they should have online booking up and running by now. Just wondering how others are experiencing the IHA booking system?

Same. :up:
Stay tuned for another episode of "Terrified of Trump's Base."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 20997 posts

Postby typhoon44 » Mar 29th, 2021, 4:37 pm

https://twitter.com/Interior_Health/sta ... 6371739655

Our COVID-19 vaccination rollout continues, more details Down pointing backhand index Down pointing backhand index
Vaccine Rollout
Mar 26 Seniors 73+& Aboriginal Peoples 55+
Mar 29 CEV Population
Telephone 1-877-740-7747
typhoon44
Übergod

Liked in: 513 posts

Postby Bsuds » Mar 29th, 2021, 4:45 pm

[quote="Catri"Oh, I bet you're right! We're in one of the "Community Specific Clinic" areas, so I wasn't even paying attention to what age groups are open (my age group won't be booking until May). Still think they ought to have the online booking sorted by now though.[/quote]

If it's not your age group yet they you shouldn't be calling as that's what messes up the system.

Having said that if you are in a group that's OK to call it was pretty easy for us.

Took my Wife about 5 min in the phone from start to finish to book for the 91 year old we help out. She called around dinner time so that might help. I think most people call in the mornings which might clog it up a bit.

When we took him for his shots they gave us ours too as we are his primary care givers.
My Wife is blaming me for ruining her Birthday!
That's ridiculous, I didn't even know it was her Birthday!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 17740 posts

Postby Catri » Mar 29th, 2021, 5:34 pm

Bsuds wrote:
Catri wrote:Oh, I bet you're right! We're in one of the "Community Specific Clinic" areas, so I wasn't even paying attention to what age groups are open (my age group won't be booking until May). Still think they ought to have the online booking sorted by now though.

If it's not your age group yet they you shouldn't be calling as that's what messes up the system.

Having said that if you are in a group that's OK to call it was pretty easy for us.

Took my Wife about 5 min in the phone from start to finish to book for the 91 year old we help out. She called around dinner time so that might help. I think most people call in the mornings which might clog it up a bit.

When we took him for his shots they gave us ours too as we are his primary care givers.

I am in a group that’s ok to call...as I said, I live in one of the places being served by a “Community Specific Clinic” which isn’t based on age and successfully booked today.

2 people like this post.
Catri
Übergod

Postby Randall T » Mar 29th, 2021, 6:19 pm

I'm supposed to get an invitation, signed by Bonnie Henry (not a joke), to book an appointment before my age group is called. But there is no way to find out if I am on the "at risk" list or not. On the website it says to have your physician or caregiver call, but my doc and his MOA's are totally in the dark and have not been notified how this can be accomplished. Very frustrating for everyone. I did have a few laughs with them though. I guess the doctors and staff get yelled at a lot because of the way the whole thing is run. So if anyone has any ideas, I'd be happy to pass them along [icon_lol2.gif]
I birn quil I se

bb49 likes this post.
Randall T
Übergod

Liked in: 1366 posts

Postby Catsumi » Mar 29th, 2021, 7:08 pm

I got mine by snail express today. Is your addy with BC gov’t up to date.?
“A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory.” - Mark Twain

“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Edward Abbey
Catsumi

Liked in: 9493 posts

Postby bb49 » Mar 29th, 2021, 7:33 pm

Northern Health must be waaaay ahead of Interior Health.
Ten days ago a friend of mine, same age, called and was given a date.

Since then my wife and other family members gave been hounding me to call. Every day, have you called?

Finally today I had enough and I called. Three times while doing the song and dance with the recording, I was reminded of who qualified to book a date.

Thirty minutes later I got through.
Sorry, but you don't qualify. :swear:

No, I didn't get mad at the guy, but I did tell my wife to get off my back.
Last edited by bb49 on Mar 30th, 2021, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We accept that what happened in Canada amounts to GENOCIDE." - A Cheerful Idiot
"Using the word GENOCIDE for China, is "extremely loaded” and certain standards must be met." - A Cheerful Idiot

Bsuds likes this post.
bb49
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2586 posts

Postby madadam » Mar 30th, 2021, 2:50 am

Got my CEV group invitation letter today so started dialing at 4:30 pm, kept getting message stating we are having technical difficulties please call back later, or all agents are currently busy please call back. Kept redialing and finally after 40 minutes got message saying wait times are approx 15, please stay online. After 22 minutes from the last message I finally got an agent and was able to book appointment for April 8th.
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 209 posts

Postby lifegives » Mar 30th, 2021, 5:15 am

Why don't we have an online booking system? The original comment by Catri about feeling like the 80s is very appropriate in this light. (Only Fraser Health seems to have the online booking system)
lifegives
Board Meister

Liked in: 168 posts

Next

Return to Coronavirus