Kamloops Home Depot Closure

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Kamloops Home Depot Closure

Post by oneh2obabe »

Busy store every time I was in Kamloops.

KAMLOOPS — The Kamloops Home Depot location on Hillside Drive has closed Tuesday (May 12) due to ground stability concerns.

Vehicles are not being allowed into the store’s parking lot off of Hillside Drive.

https://cfjctoday.com/2020/05/12/ground ... ome-depot/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Kamloops Home Depot Closure

Post by GordonH »

It's not overly steep, over time the vibrations of vehicles can loosen the ground.

Looking via satellite map, semi drivers must hate delivering to the main store that is considering the amount of backing up with 90 degree corner.
I could be wrong, it doesn't look like enough room to turn around at unloading/loading dock.

https://goo.gl/maps/tKT2iz7SCca3HMn77
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I know the area to the east, Superstore, Winners, etc, is all built on an old garbage dump, and consequently those stores have had some huge problems with the ground settling. Walking through Winners is like a slow motion walk in an earthquake.
So I'm not sure if that garbage dump extended as far west as The Home Depot.

I drove by Canadian Tire today and passed on going in. There was a huge line-up outside. No doubt due to the issues with Home Depot.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
vicali

Post by vicali »

bb49 wrote:
I drove by Canadian Tire today and passed on going in. There was a huge line-up outside. No doubt due to the issues with Home Depot.

Every time I look at the retaining wall north of the Superstore I get the chills..

Are you sure it was people going into Canadian Tire and not just a traffic jam in that ridiculous parking lot?! Sure glad they built a charging station right in the middle..

Return to “Kamloops”