There goes a nice little golf course.

bb49
Guru

There goes a nice little golf course.

Post by bb49 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... for-Dallas

The Pineridge golf course.
Looks like it's days are numbered. Someone made the owner an offer he couldn't refuse.
For those that don't know where it is, it on the south side of Hwy 1, on the east end of Kamloops.
I_am_a_Canadian
Andy W.

Re: There goes a nice little golf course.

Post by Andy W. »

Pushing a public roadway all the way from Valleyview (Tanager? area) thru to the Barnyardvale exit is LONG over-due. As it exists today, anyone wishing to cycle east to the Lafarge area has to detour for a significant distance along the (dangerous) highway (No's 1 / 97). Let's hope the developers include a connector so those of us who wish to cycle-commute the approx. 12 miles, from Campbell Creek can feel safer.
bb49
Guru

Re: There goes a nice little golf course.

Post by bb49 »

Andy W. wrote:Pushing a public roadway all the way from Valleyview (Tanager? area) thru to the Barnyardvale exit is LONG over-due. As it exists today, anyone wishing to cycle east to the Lafarge area has to detour for a significant distance along the (dangerous) highway (No's 1 / 97). Let's hope the developers include a connector so those of us who wish to cycle-commute the approx. 12 miles, from Campbell Creek can feel safer.

I'm almost certain they will tie in Valleyview Drive at Grand Blvd with Dallas Drive. That would only be a km to the west end of this development.
It might mean the end of the trailer park though. Ah shucks.

As short as it is, about 2+ km, biking along the TCH from Grand Blvd to Dallas Dr is almost suicidal. Smart riders get off the TCH as quick as possible but I regularly see guys biking the TCH through Dallas.
A few years ago a guy on a bike was run over by a tandem gravel truck. My wife came along before any first responders got there. It wasn't a pleasant site and still bothers her..
I_am_a_Canadian

Return to “Kamloops”