Graves at Residential schools

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Remains of 215 youth found

Post by Glacier »

DoDo1975 wrote: Jun 9th, 2021, 7:52 pm
GordonH wrote: Jun 9th, 2021, 7:16 pm Both my parents cultures are alive and well, no one came along and tried to beat it out them or grandparents or my great grandparents etc... etc.
I suspect that is not true.
Gordon is lucky. My ancestors had "it beat it out of them." My family was persecuted in Europe, but they weren't even Jewish. Jews have had it as bad as anyone.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: Jun 9th, 2021, 8:21 pm So which other culture in Canada had their children ripped from their parents homes, never allowed to see each other. I will wait for your answer.
sherashera wrote: Jun 10th, 2021, 6:17 am I highly doubt these children were ripped from their parents homes and never allowed to see eachother again. Sorry but you seem to be making outlandish claims. Not buying what you are selling. How much are wanting to get out of this settlment deal?
Someone isn’t actually paying attention to those who are survivors of the Residential School system.
Go do some research, okay.

btw I am not FN, if I want a big payout... I will have to win a lottery, I hear it’s currently at 70 million.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

:topic:

Remains of 215 youth found
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Hurtlander wrote: Jun 9th, 2021, 3:58 pm Why is it we only here the horror stories...
I think that you answered your own question.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Some settlements were refused for dubious reasons.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/33 ... ors#336805
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

sherashera wrote: Jun 10th, 2021, 6:17 am

I highly doubt these children were ripped from their parents homes and never allowed to see eachother again. Sorry but you seem to be making outlandish claims. Not buying what you are selling.
Have to agree with you. To many assumptions, questions going completely un- answered. Purposely left out of any and all discussion. Everyone would like to deal with this. It would be nice to have it told to us perfectly clear.
That will never happen here in our country. Not a chance of that. Too much influence for other obvious reason's.
spooker

Post by spooker »

liisgo wrote: Jun 14th, 2021, 3:49 pm Have to agree with you. To many assumptions, questions going completely un- answered. Purposely left out of any and all discussion. Everyone would like to deal with this. It would be nice to have it told to us perfectly clear.
That will never happen here in our country. Not a chance of that. Too much influence for other obvious reason's.
In other words there is another conspiracy out there?
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

A Conspiracy :200:
I don't think so.

We have known about the treatment in both these schools and even some churches for decades.
Now we have proof there are several people buried there.
Other than that we are speculating what happened.
Until they excume some bodies and examine them, we really don't know how or when they died.

Personally, I would imagine the coroner will try determining how and when these people died first.
If they conclude there was foul play, during the last 60 years they may start investigating anyone still living who may have been involved.
Otherwise it will just be added to our history books.
itwasonlyme
Fledgling

Post by itwasonlyme »

The contradictions and ignorance in this ongoing debacle are actually humorous.
Marking the side of the highway with crosses, while condemning the church?
What sort of marker did illiterate Indigenous people use to mark their graves?
Nothing, they did not typically mark their graves.
There are no Indigenous graveyards in the area - they were nomadic.

If the Church had marked these graves with ENGLISH names they would be condemned.
These children did not in all liklihood even have written names - their langauge was not written.
Native culture was also not aware of birthdates months years etc until they were forced to, go to school
So how would you mark the grave of somebody without a written name or birthdate?

This has all been said before but should be really easy to understand....
sherashera
Fledgling

Post by sherashera »

On castanet yesterday on twitter there was a link that $4000.00 was raised? Im sorry but why do you need money for something that happened over 100 years ago and didn't have anything to do with you personally? Oh yeah, it's always about money.
My word, doesn't the year fly by? One minute its Come All Yea Faithful, the next your flat on your back in the sand. Its hard to tell which one enjoys the most.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

itwasonlyme wrote: Jun 15th, 2021, 1:22 am The contradictions and ignorance in this ongoing debacle are actually humorous.

If the Church had marked these graves with ENGLISH names they would be condemned.
These children did not in all liklihood even have written names - their langauge was not written.
Native culture was also not aware of birthdates months years etc until they were forced to, go to school
So how would you mark the grave of somebody without a written name or birthdate?

So you are saying the Catholic Church does not mark graves?
They were in charge, not the native-indian kids. The entire point was to erase the connection to their culture so the above argument has zero merit.
You and 71 others Like this post
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

itwasonlyme wrote: Jun 15th, 2021, 1:22 am The contradictions and ignorance in this ongoing debacle are actually humorous.

These children had names, families. When other ethnic gorups came to canada each person was given an name, often an approximation of their name anglicized. These children who were buried, were in their own country, had names, family, culture and religious practices erased or beaten out of them. The Catholic church, baptized these children as Catholics, has rules about burial of its members, and a self-proclaimed obligation to maintain its cemeteries. Even abandoned parishes passed on the responsibility to other priests to maintain the cemeteries in respect of the dead. So having 215 remains turn up with no explanation, no record (apparently) as to who was buried there is not normal Catholic practice. If anyone else tried to slip the bodies of 215 children into the ground with no records as to who they were or cause of death, that would certainly raise some suspicions, and require a lot of explanation.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

not the best way to get people on there side https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/K ... m=referral
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

sherashera wrote: Jun 15th, 2021, 6:55 am On castanet yesterday on twitter there was a link that $4000.00 was raised? Im sorry but why do you need money for something that happened over 100 years ago and didn't have anything to do with you personally? Oh yeah, it's always about money.
One fella raised $53,000 on a pledge to run 215km for the 215 children discovered.

Do you lie and say it was 100 years ago because you are that ashamed of your nations history? Ashamed that you still walk past the former residential school students at grocery stores, gas stations and on the street?
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 15th, 2021, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No vigilante justice please.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald

Return to “Canada”