Bob Gaglardi School of Business and Economics

Bigbacardi
Generalissimo Postalot

Bob Gaglardi School of Business and Economics

Post by Bigbacardi »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... white-guy-

Naming institutions after white guys also ignores the long and intentional history of genocide against Indigenous peoples throughout the country,” Archie wrote.

Really?
Did Bob run the residential school system?
How does the label "white guys" not sound racist?

I thought the Gaglardi's had a great name in the history/development of the area?
Maybe the Canim Lake Band member can donate a quick 10 mill to TRU

However,
These are just my opinions, and I do recall being labeled a racist & mysoginistic by my PM
LETS GO BONNIE HENRY
hozzle
Übergod

Re: Bob Gaglardi School of Business and Economics

Post by hozzle »

Bigbacardi wrote: Feb 19th, 2022, 4:07 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... white-guy-

Naming institutions after white guys also ignores the long and intentional history of genocide against Indigenous peoples throughout the country,” Archie wrote.

Really?

I thought the Gaglardi's had a great name in the history/development of the area?

However,
These are just my opinions, and I do recall being labeled a racist & mysoginistic by my PM
Ya no kidding... oh wait didn't you know only "white" guys can be labeled racist!?
I'm sure they could name the school whatever they wanted if the donated as much as the Gaglardi's did... or were they prevented from doing so due to race?
... and the sub-title of the story, ridiculous... I 'd like to "slam" the Canim Lake Band councillor for standing on the soapbox of reconciliation as a default state instead of earning things to gain privilege.

PS before I get plastered or labeled a racist "white", I'm a visible minority in Canada... but lately due to the Liberal gov't my friends call me a miserable minority.
When it feels like I'm rubbing your back, I'm actually painting a target.
spooker
Lord of the Board

Post by spooker »

The Gaglardi family donated $10MM ... the Secwepemc "donated" the land ... looks like cold hard cash wins ...

I don't know the answer, but is there any First Nation recognition at TRU? If not, maybe they could do something ...

The letter might come across as sour grapes but it's gotten us talking, which is always a good thing ...
--
“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.”
― Ernest Hemingway
hozzle
Übergod

Post by hozzle »

Can someone here enlighten me on the "land donation"? Is the land still in the Tk’emlúps te Secwe̓pemc reserve?* Is TRU leasing the property? In other words is the band receiving money for allowing TRU to operate on band land?

*edit
Last edited by hozzle on Feb 19th, 2022, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When it feels like I'm rubbing your back, I'm actually painting a target.
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

Bigbacardi wrote: Feb 19th, 2022, 4:07 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... white-guy-

Really?

However,
The native guy's comment is the only racist part of this entire story.
I would like to say more about him.....

All he's after is a few moments of fame.
I_am_a_Canadian
Bridgette001

Post by Bridgette001 »

I cannot believe that an institution would give a "fly by night guy" the opportunity to use his name! Travel back 50 or so years and I remember Bob showing up at our home selling "gimicks & gadgets" to my Dad. He had this large set up tubes that once placed in the bath tub and hooked up to the blow hose on your vaccum cleaner would guarantee the user a "Spa like" experience! Yes, I can only imagine attempting to convince yourself while laying in the tub trying to ignore the noise from this spa machine.....All of the Gaglardi's including Dad were happy to schlep any thing for a buck! The passion continues....

Return to “Kamloops”