Alcohol to public in school setting

valerie.woolgar

Alcohol to public in school setting

Post by valerie.woolgar »

I am disheartened to say the least to read how the use of COOLERS and BEER are considered vital
to draw in the crowds to innocent games and such at TRU . That is the beginning of a huge downfall
and it opens up pandoras box to include selling alcohol at more events to attract crowds.

This is an educational facility and the misuse of even the idea of alcohol at public events is simply
not right. Why not allow drugs too, and so on then. I am sure that will draw in more crowds.
Where does this end? Beer gardens at basketball games? At the UNIVERSITY? Amazing how this
slips in and the leaders of this justifies it with glowing reports, as yes, it does work- more
show up. Can't we keep it clean even in school sports areas?
VW
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Alcohol to public in school setting

Post by mexi cali »

You are speaking for yourself. There may be and likely are many who would disagree with you.

The BC hockey league (junior hockey as a whole but focusing on BC) is made up of teams whose players are mostly still in school yet alcohol is served at those games.

Canada is behind most of the rest of the world when it comes to alcohol. The governments puritanical views make us all out to be children who don't know what is good for us.

Your post tells me that you think that this is automatically going to be a problem. Alcohol is served in many places where sporting events occur and while the odd issue may arise, all in all, it's much ado about nothing.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Alcohol to public in school setting

Post by alanjh595 »

I have been to many "minor hockey" events, and they all have had 50/50 draws. Is that not promoting gambling?
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Kamloops”