New Mayor Zero Change

one wheel
Übergod

Re: New Mayor Zero Change

Post by one wheel »

Kamloops Mayor Hammer-Jackson has fought this Council since being elected & I'm glad he pressed charges.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

one wheel wrote: Jun 17th, 2023, 6:24 pm Kamloops Mayor Hammer-Jackson has fought this Council since being elected & I'm glad he pressed charges.
Pressed charges? What charges and which council members have been charged by the police?
SAILINGONE
Board Meister

Post by SAILINGONE »

captkirkcanada wrote: Nov 24th, 2022, 12:00 pm https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/K ... complaints

Looks like the new mayor should stop harrasing non profits and get to work on his big promise of getting violence off the streets . Whats the hold up new mayor ? :135:
Given the origin of this thread, I give the new major the opportunity to proof his worthiness for the job, realizing he is still only one vote on counsel.
Harassing NPO's ? are most of these NPO's no more than bottomless pits relying on only government handouts to keep progressive woke ideologues, activists & party faithful's on payroll position, while motivating other free money recipients to vote for the regime, playing philanthropist with the confiscated the hard earned cash & wealth from the wealth producers.
The best way to measure the success of an NPO is to stop the public funding.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

SAILINGONE wrote: Jun 19th, 2023, 12:10 pm
captkirkcanada wrote: Nov 24th, 2022, 12:00 pm https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/K ... complaints

Looks like the new mayor should stop harrasing non profits and get to work on his big promise of getting violence off the streets . Whats the hold up new mayor ? :135:
Given the origin of this thread, I give the new major the opportunity to proof his worthiness for the job, realizing he is still only one vote on counsel.
Harassing NPO's ? are most of these NPO's no more than bottomless pits relying on only government handouts to keep progressive woke ideologues, activists & party faithful's on payroll position, while motivating other free money recipients to vote for the regime, playing philanthropist with the confiscated the hard earned cash & wealth from the wealth producers.
That’s the best way to see the last of them. If there’s no private cash flowing into the cause then chances are pretty good that there’s no appetite for them to exist.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
SAILINGONE
Board Meister

Post by SAILINGONE »

Catsumi wrote: Jun 19th, 2023, 7:56 pm
SAILINGONE wrote: Jun 19th, 2023, 12:10 pm
That’s the best way to see the last of them. If there’s no private cash flowing into the cause then chances are pretty good that there’s no appetite for them to exist.
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

:popcorn: …. and the movie continues [icon_lol2.gif] . I wonder how all of this is going to end.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

southy wrote: Jun 20th, 2023, 11:05 am :popcorn: …. and the movie continues [icon_lol2.gif] . I wonder how all of this is going to end.
Popcorn indeed.
I want to watch some council meetings and attend some community events / ribbon cutting ceremonies just to see the awkwardness.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I briefly lived in Kamloops years ago but I've started following the Kamloops news again because of the behaviour of the new mayor. It's just wild when a guy assumes the mayor's chair and has no idea of how a city council should run. He must think that he was elected king.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

bob vernon wrote: Jun 23rd, 2023, 11:40 am I briefly lived in Kamloops years ago but I've started following the Kamloops news again because of the behaviour of the new mayor. It's just wild when a guy assumes the mayor's chair and has no idea of how a city council should run. He must think that he was elected king.
I think it's a bit of that and a bit of the "establishment" having to deal with someone who's a little rough around the edges.
He's put a couple of noses out of joint.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

Isn't there usually a nut on the other end of a bolt?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Here is a perfectly good opportunity for the City of Kamloops to generate some revenue and publicity. Start videoing the interactions between city council and the mayor. It would make a good YouTube channel. Conflict sells. Summer is over and plenty of good video will be generated by this clown.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... ranscripts
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

The city has a youtube channel showing council meeting videos ;)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... OW-s_48nbi
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I mean daily video of the Mayor on the job, showing off his rough edges, dealing with the staff at city hall as well as the council at the meetings. There would be lots of conflict with this guy on the job that could be edited down to make a good weekly show.
northglenmore2012
Fledgling

Post by northglenmore2012 »

I don't know what's going on with your mayor. He is either a :cuss: or he has some serious mental issues going on. Is there anything getting done in Kamloops. Like *bleep*.
Last edited by ferri on Dec 12th, 2023, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

northglenmore2012 wrote: Dec 12th, 2023, 12:17 pm I don't know what's going on with your mayor. He is either a :cuss: or he has some serious mental issues going on. Is there anything getting done in Kamloops. Like *bleep*.
Are you referring tp this story?
https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/K ... ed-out-SUV
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

Isn't there usually a nut on the other end of a bolt?
Tristan1980

Post by Tristan1980 »

Lots of change for example this mayor isnt in business with the Hells Angels (look into the sale of the hotel where City View Place is) and this mayor isnt taking kickbacks from local media (look into Rothenburger being paid by Daily News while mayor)

Return to “Kamloops”