Get rid of Horgan

outtawind
Fledgling

Get rid of Horgan

Post by outtawind »

Now is our chance to get rid of this guy.

1. Stole power - was not voted INTO power in the first place, manipulated his way in
2. Lies to the province ("there will be no election", lie)
3. Spreads fear and plays politics with Covid ("Need a majority to pass the covid budget", playing on public fear for votes)s
4. Did not deliver on key campaign promises of the past - so why trust him now ("Ridesharing will come", watered-down version, only in select areas, YEARS later than promised)

... just to name a few...
cyruslosco66
Banned

Re: Get rid of Horgan

Post by cyruslosco66 »

outtawind wrote:Now is our chance to get rid of this guy.

1. Stole power - was not voted INTO power in the first place, manipulated his way in
3. Spreads fear and plays politics with Covid ("Need a majority to pass the covid budget", playing on public fear for votes)s
4. Did not deliver on key campaign promises of the past - so why trust him now ("Ridesharing will come", watered-down version, only in select areas, YEARS later than promised)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5733474

they kept around 79 percent of promises .
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

indianlarry66 wrote: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5733474

I wasn’t too impressed by the manner in which Horgan came to power but have since come to accept that was a totally permissible move with our political system and every party has engaged in the same at some point or another. It’s called a minority government and it is not the first one we’ve seen in Canada. I was incensed when Horgan took the already approved TMX pipeline to Court, but I don’t know that I represent the majority with that perspective. Still, we need to hear what the other parties (aka: BC Liberals) will be offering us, but I suspect the majority of British Columbians have probably been quite satisfied with the performance of John Horgan and the NDP to date. We'll see if they get "punished" for calling a snap election, but outlining a platform to take us through this pandemic might change some people's minds on that. We'll see.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

I'll admit Horgan has done alright as far as enduring through the pandemic and the reopening of the province however I question his and the NDP's ability to not just "get by" but to actually make BC flourish going forward.
Fighting pipelines already approved by the federal government with environmental studies and 2 separate indigenous consultations isn't good for BC or western Canada. Remember BC, Alberta, Sask, and Man all help fund Canada's wallets.
Not that any party has a flawless record but I just cant back the party that was behind the fast cat ferry fiasco literally wasting millions of tax dollars for absolutely nothing. At least the Liberals will increase our power supply to show for their gross overspending, which we are going to need if all vehicles sold after 2040 are forced to be electric.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Personal feelings aside for the parties involved.
I feel that the NDP will be gone.
(For abbreviation purposes let's call other parties x, y, or z)

xyz will capitalize on the debt that BC has acquired. Whether it be due to site c over-runs or the covid19. The NDP will take a whipping for it.
The Libs. (x) will say that they left the books in fine shape and it's the NDP that screwed up.
The PCs (y) will state that both parties are to blame and it's time to get back down to business and fix this mess. They have a long hard row to hoe to be given any consideration. BUT, they look better than x + y.
The Greens (z) well.....they haven't got a snowball's chance on the South side of hell. Nothing new there.

I predict
y + x > NDP + z
NDP = 7
z = 1
x = 4
y = 9

Just my guess using the SWAG system.
Bring back the LIKE button.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

And go back to the corrupt Lieberals ? No thanks. Sorry you don't like how the democratic process works ? If the Greens had sided with Christy , like she was begging them too , you would have no problem with her being Premier. If they had dumped their horribly unpopular leader when they had chance , they probably would have won a majority. Why blame the NDP for the blunder the Liberals made ?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I was not expressing my person opinion for/against any political party. I was predicting the outcome based upon what I have heard from others.
The 1st line in my post is:
Bring back the LIKE button.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

I think Horgan has stepped knee deep in it this time. The approval rating he is enjoying is because all parties have been cooperating in trying to keep Covid in check, and helping British Columbians make it through the pandemic.
I think our government (all MLAs) have done a great job, but Mr Horgan cannot take credit for it all. If I was a Green supporter I would be incensed !
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

mikest2 wrote:I think Horgan has stepped knee deep in it this time. The approval rating he is enjoying is because all parties have been cooperating in trying to keep Covid in check, and helping British Columbians make it through the pandemic.
I think our government (all MLAs) have done a great job, but Mr Horgan cannot take credit for it all. If I was a Green supporter I would be incensed !

I am not happy . I hope sonia is able to create more excitement and get more seats and the maybe the ndp will turf john
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
dg3
Board Meister

Post by dg3 »

Herr Farnzzworth is prepping legislation for an even tighter lockdown.

they will be following UN orders

https://engage.gov.bc.ca/govtogetherbc/ ... ernization

while its called 'Emergency Program Act Modernization'
we all know its so the ndp authoritarian regime can oppress us even more.
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Richadio »

By voting for a new master, you're just changing your own oppression.
FREEDOM's don't come from a vaccine, PRIVILEGE's do.
The TRUTH never denies EXAMINATION.
Replacement migration = White genocide.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I thought the NDP railing against the TMX was short sighted as well, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the NDP were having their feet held to the fire by the Greens who held the balance of power, and who have been openly devoted to shutting down the oilsands. With a majority of legitimate NDP seats the Greens would no longer have that sway. Of course that would give the NDP free reign to pursue their own agenda. I’m interested to hear what’s said/promised/denied in the next few weeks.
Last edited by fluffy on Sep 23rd, 2020, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
outtawind
Fledgling

Post by outtawind »

indianlarry66 wrote:
outtawind wrote:Now is our chance to get rid of this guy.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5733474

You'd better read that article yourself... the VAST majority of those items they are claiming to have 'done' were things that already existed in one form or another or were going to happen anyway.

Most of that list are things that have to happen - no matter who is in power.

So, I repeat, Lies, steals and DID NOT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING... they are claiming credit for the sun rising in the morning for goodness sakes - worst part, you seem to believe it full gospel. He has done far more damage to our provincial economy than anything else.
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Sep 23rd, 2020, 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Off topic
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

alanjh595 wrote:I was not expressing my person opinion for/against any political party. I was predicting the outcome based upon what I have heard from others.
The 1st line in my post is:

I was not responding to your post. I was responding to the OP's *removed* rant.
Last edited by ferri on Sep 23rd, 2020, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting

Return to “BC Provincial Elections 2020”