Things to think about this election

User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Guru
Posts: 7688
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by Urban Cowboy »

rustled wrote:
butcher99 wrote:You may like the proposal the Liberals put forward but not a single one of the municipalities liked it.
And how can you say it is 800 milion under budget when it has not even started? Look at site C. 6 billion, then 12 billion, now some estimates have that at 20 billion plus. No, don't want to get into that. I am just saying mega projects tend to come in WAY over budget. Over and over.
It is not under budget as no budget was ever put forward for it. Was that not the estimated cost before proposals?

I always find it a bit rich when a project is impeded by political roadblock after roadblock after roadblock, and those supporting those impediments complain about the rising costs of the project they've been impeding with roadblock after roadblock after roadblock.


:up: :up: :up:
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown
butcher99
Guru
Posts: 5822
Joined: Mar 6th, 2005, 8:52 pm

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by butcher99 »

rustled wrote:
butcher99 wrote:You may like the proposal the Liberals put forward but not a single one of the municipalities liked it.
And how can you say it is 800 milion under budget when it has not even started? Look at site C. 6 billion, then 12 billion, now some estimates have that at 20 billion plus. No, don't want to get into that. I am just saying mega projects tend to come in WAY over budget. Over and over.
It is not under budget as no budget was ever put forward for it. Was that not the estimated cost before proposals?

I always find it a bit rich when a project is impeded by political roadblock after roadblock after roadblock, and those supporting those impediments complain about the rising costs of the project they've been impeding with roadblock after roadblock after roadblock.


The main thing I am saying there is that none of the affected municipalities liked the project as put forward by the liberals. Not a single one.
The other was just pointing out it was not under budget as no budget was put forward. It is a mega project itwill be over budget when one comes out
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Guru
Posts: 7688
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by Urban Cowboy »

gordon_as wrote:
oldtrucker wrote:From a party leaders perspective this is the best time to call a election. Horgan has a majority almost in the bag, but he shouldn't have gone against his word to the Greens to not call one. If there was no other agreement discussed with the Greens then we may have a character flaw here. If there was another agreement then no, no character flaw. I understand putting the needs of his party ahead of everything, but when a man goes back on his word....


It's not the same "greens" as he made the deal with anymore. Dr. Weaver left the Green Party and is sitting as an independent. I get the impression that Mr. Horgan and Ms. Furstenau are not best buds.


The agreement Horgan made with the Green Party involved three Green MLA's, so the fact that one retired hardly means the deal is void.

Also Horgan hasn't made any effort to get along with Sonia Furstenau, but rather opted to lie insofar as reasons for a snap election are concerned, by bringing up some lack of support regarding Bill 22 which in fact no one who matters supported, except for Horgan.

In all other areas the three parties worked well together in dealing with Covid-19.

May have a character flaw you say? You can bet good money Horgan has a character flaw in that when he doesn't get his way he pouts and throws a temper tantrum.

People really need to note that the only reason the NDP has been "behaving" as it's been put, is because they have been kept in check by the Greens due to their minority government status.

Give them a majority and then sit back to watch all the headlines that materialize. :200:

To praise the NDP for good performance in the current setting, is akin to putting a muzzle on a dog and then endlessly praising it for not biting. [icon_lol2.gif]
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown
User avatar
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10852
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48 am

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by Hurtlander »

Something to definitely think about this election.. Sections of the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion have been put on hold for possibly up to six months because the provincial Horgan government is dragging their feet on issuing permits for crossing crown land, roads, highways, streams, rivers etc.... the excuse, COVID-19.. Keep in mind, all the environment assessments have been completed and rubber stamped. All that’s needed is rubber stamps on the permits.. Approximately 300 workers have been sent home to collect the latest version of CERB for the winter. Fortunately there’s still enough work to keep about 200 workers busy.
Keep on Truckin
George Orwell 1984
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 715
Joined: Feb 19th, 2018, 6:24 am

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by George Orwell 1984 »

Horgan on the campaign trail stopped in Revelstoke for a forestry “ announcement “ and as it turns out it was merely a repeat of a previous one of investment in mass timber framing which was announced in March 2019 .

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... day#312382
butcher99
Guru
Posts: 5822
Joined: Mar 6th, 2005, 8:52 pm

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by butcher99 »

Hurtlander wrote:Something to definitely think about this election.. Sections of the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion have been put on hold for possibly up to six months because the provincial Horgan government is dragging their feet on issuing permits for crossing crown land, roads, highways, streams, rivers etc.... the excuse, COVID-19.. Keep in mind, all the environment assessments have been completed and rubber stamped. All that’s needed is rubber stamps on the permits.. Approximately 300 workers have been sent home to collect the latest version of CERB for the winter. Fortunately there’s still enough work to keep about 200 workers busy.


Yes lets send them all back to work so we can have a situation like that that is developing in the US. Per million population the US has 3 times the number of cases that Canada has. And that spread is growing rapidly. The US is back up to over 50,000 cases per day.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22737
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by Urbane »

    Urban Cowboy wrote:
    The agreement Horgan made with the Green Party involved three Green MLA's, so the fact that one retired hardly means the deal is void.

    Also Horgan hasn't made any effort to get along with Sonia Furstenau, but rather opted to lie insofar as reasons for a snap election are concerned, by bringing up some lack of support regarding Bill 22 which in fact no one who matters supported, except for Horgan.

    In all other areas the three parties worked well together in dealing with Covid-19.

    May have a character flaw you say? You can bet good money Horgan has a character flaw in that when he doesn't get his way he pouts and throws a temper tantrum.

    People really need to note that the only reason the NDP has been "behaving" as it's been put, is because they have been kept in check by the Greens due to their minority government status.

    Give them a majority and then sit back to watch all the headlines that materialize. :200:

    To praise the NDP for good performance in the current setting, is akin to putting a muzzle on a dog and then endlessly praising it for not biting. [icon_lol2.gif]
Agreed. The minority government was in absolutely no danger of falling and yet the guy who was pushing proportional representation now calls an election because "over the summer there were some disagreements." Now that's rich!
User avatar
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10852
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48 am

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by Hurtlander »

butcher99 wrote:
Hurtlander wrote:Something to definitely think about this election.. Sections of the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion have been put on hold for possibly up to six months because the provincial Horgan government is dragging their feet on issuing permits for crossing crown land, roads, highways, streams, rivers etc.... the excuse, COVID-19.. Keep in mind, all the environment assessments have been completed and rubber stamped. All that’s needed is rubber stamps on the permits.. Approximately 300 workers have been sent home to collect the latest version of CERB for the winter. Fortunately there’s still enough work to keep about 200 workers busy.


Yes lets send them all back to work so we can have a situation like that that is developing in the US. Per million population the US has 3 times the number of cases that Canada has. And that spread is growing rapidly. The US is back up to over 50,000 cases per day.

The pipeline construction crews are working under, or were working under, very stringent Covid safety protocols. Without a doubt, the pipeline crews are safer to be around than the general public
Keep on Truckin
butcher99
Guru
Posts: 5822
Joined: Mar 6th, 2005, 8:52 pm

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by butcher99 »

Hurtlander wrote:
butcher99 wrote: Yes lets send them all back to work so we can have a situation like that that is developing in the US. Per million population the US has 3 times the number of cases that Canada has. And that spread is growing rapidly. The US is back up to over 50,000 cases per day.

The pipeline construction crews are working under, or were working under, very stringent Covid safety protocols. Without a doubt, the pipeline crews are safer to be around than the general public


It is not the pipeline crews being told to stay home it is the office workers according to what you posted
seewood
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4160
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by seewood »

Anyone hear from the or any Liberals how they plan to deal with UNDRIP and resource extraction???
I am not wealthy but I am rich
User avatar
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 12018
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by Catsumi »

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
butcher99
Guru
Posts: 5822
Joined: Mar 6th, 2005, 8:52 pm

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by butcher99 »

Catsumi wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-312448-3-.htm#312448

Say what???


Let me explain that for you

After years and years of mismanagement under the Liberals the NDP came in and righted the ship.
George Orwell 1984
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 715
Joined: Feb 19th, 2018, 6:24 am

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by George Orwell 1984 »

butcher99 wrote:
Catsumi wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-312448-3-.htm#312448

Say what???


Let me explain that for you

After years and years of mismanagement under the Liberals the NDP came in and righted the ship.


Would that be the fast cat ferry ships that the NDP government righted? :biggrin: :130:
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Guru
Posts: 7688
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Yeah the Liberals mismanaged BC so bad, that they left the NDP with over a billion dollar surplus, that they managed to make vanish in record speed I might add. :biggrin:
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown
User avatar
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10852
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48 am

Re: Things to think about this election

Post by Hurtlander »

What in the hell are these guys smoking... Horgan wants to bribe us with $1000.00 bucks per family to vote for him, Wilkinson promises to bring in private car insurance so young drivers can get cheaper rates. Private insurance companies absolutely DO NOT give young drivers cheaper rates. Regardless, Horgan and Wilkinson both need to stop the senseless spending and reckless spending promises, and start telling us about their future long term cuts or increased taxation to balance the budget. Emergency spending measures because of the pandemic are a necessary evil, but I want to know their long term fiscal policies.
Keep on Truckin

Return to “BC Provincial Elections 2020”