Impartial medias out there?

mattinkelowna
Fledgling

Impartial medias out there?

Post by mattinkelowna »

Are there any impartial medias out there?

The owners of Global, Castanet, Black Press and Pattison are all Liberal Party donors. Who can we trust when it comes to delivering impartial news in regards to the provincial election?

You can search the database here:
https://contributions.electionsbc.gov.b ... earch.aspx
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Re: Impartial medias out there?

Post by GordonH »

Good luck on your search.

Listen to leftwing media & listen to rightwing media, I suspect somewhere in middle is the truth... who the hell knows.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Some donors actually contribute to more than one party. Just Say'n......
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

GordonH wrote:Good luck on your search.

Listen to leftwing media & listen to rightwing media, I suspect somewhere in middle is the truth... who the hell knows.

I don’t know The Truth I read on Cnet is usually far left or depending on his day ... extremely far right! Never will you find him in the middle. :130:
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/filtered-search/

Select "Canada" in the menu boxes to see the sources that rate the highest in Canada.
Never miss a good chance to shut up.
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

Do you realize that in Canada left-centre and right-centre still generate fact based reporting. For the most part the "bias" is attributed to opinion pieces. Skip them and any reputable news source will give you the facts.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

typhoon44 wrote:Do you realize that in Canada left-centre and right-centre still generate fact based reporting. For the most part the "bias" is attributed to opinion pieces. Skip them and any reputable news source will give you the facts.

Not necessarily; by omitting certain facts, stories can be biased even though the facts that are presented may be true.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

Merry wrote:
typhoon44 wrote:Do you realize that in Canada left-centre and right-centre still generate fact based reporting. For the most part the "bias" is attributed to opinion pieces. Skip them and any reputable news source will give you the facts.

Not necessarily; by omitting certain facts, stories can be biased even though the facts that are presented may be true.

Sure, it is possible, but we have no mainstream media that behaves like certain US outlets - spreading conspiracy theories, presenting lies as facts, refusing to retract statements that are proven to be false are cornerstones of bad media.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

typhoon44 wrote:Sure, it is possible, but we have no mainstream media that behaves like certain US outlets - spreading conspiracy theories, presenting lies as facts, refusing to retract statements that are proven to be false are cornerstones of bad media.

Yeah, I haven't seen anyone in Canada get sued for publishing blatantly fake news like CNN and the Washington Post. The CBC isn't impartial and is very left-wing biased, but as far as I've seen they are not being sued for hundreds of millions.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.

Return to “BC Provincial Elections 2020”