Arsonist Released

TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Charged with arson, set free

Post by TylerM4 »

I would expect nothing else.

Murder, rape, etc - often wandering free until sentencing. It's the pitfall of the whole "Innocent until proven guilty" thing.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

It's a head scratcher for sure. IN this guys case, he is obviously a career criminal. I used to think that arson was a serious charge but I guess not.

The Glenrosa guy, by the by, was rearrested and is in custody, for now.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Graphite wrote: Aug 20th, 2021, 7:36 am https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... om-custody

So, how is the general public being protected in this case? This man, whose name is published and made public by the court system, has been released yet again, despite other ongoing charges in other matters. Clearly this individual demonstrates a lack of respect for the law system that the much of society adheres to. He tried to set a fire in a residential neighborhood in the midst of fire season. This is the second person caught doing so and released afterwards with conditions. Will this person adhere to the conditions? Will the conditions prevent him from going out and doing the same thing? How do you stop an arsonist from doing it again? Isn't it a compulsion for some people?
should starting a fire like this not me almost premeditated murder, he had a plan, he executed it, he easily could of killed many and could of easily caused million in damage, yet this g oof judge lets him walk. guess it sets the tone for other arsonists
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote: Aug 20th, 2021, 9:29 am ...should starting a fire like this not me almost premeditated murder, he had a plan, he executed it, he easily could of killed many and could of easily caused million in damage, yet this g oof judge lets him walk. guess it sets the tone for other arsonists
No - no one has been killed.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Arsonist Released

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 20th, 2021, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 20th, 2021, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The point here is the lack of property damage.
Luckily, fire did not take off and there was no damage to the buildings.
I'll be surprised if the arson charge sticks.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

In reply to no one has been killed one small little word is missing and it is named [ YET].

Does anyone realize that this is a serious criminal act and the punishment is not serious?.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

daveandanne wrote: Aug 20th, 2021, 11:30 am In reply to no one has been killed one small little word is missing and it is named [ YET].

Does anyone realize that this is a serious criminal act and the punishment is not serious?.
No, that word isn't missing. One doesn't charge someone for something they haven't done. Read up on arson charges under the Criminal Code.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

starting this fire ,he could off killed many people so ya attempted murder is fair https://www.toronto-criminal-lawyer.co/ ... explained/ just another spinless kelowna judge like are spinless kelowna leader
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Attempting to light a bush on fire doesn’t mean he intended to hurt anyone. One must be realistic.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote: Aug 20th, 2021, 12:41 pm Attempting to light a bush on fire doesn’t mean he intended to hurt anyone. One must be realistic.
please,my god, you have zero insight
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I understand the law.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote: Aug 20th, 2021, 12:41 pm Attempting to light a bush on fire doesn’t mean he intended to hurt anyone. One must be realistic.
Start small and work up to bigger things (kinda like how serial killers begin i.e ted bundy etc... etc).
We have someone like this in the area, currently hamsters... future who knows.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote: Aug 20th, 2021, 12:49 pm I understand the law.
as well as the useless judge that let him walk,

Return to “Fire Watch 2021”